PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:12 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much for sharing this photo of your family. It is wonderful to see your ancestors!
Don

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:25 pm      Post subject: Czapkas

Polskamom wrote:
[Don followed up on 19 March 2011]

Hi Shelli,
Just received the explanation of the fabric over my gr mother's shoulder. Black hats worn by two women mean they are married. Usually two pieces of fabric are attached to the back of hat. Aunt Kate[in background] may have draped one over her mother's shoulder. The other lady should have the same on the back of her hat.
[Hats were optional]. Back then, women who were single usually braided their hair. Single men wore a hat with a feather. Info from a lady who came from Poland years ago.
Don

Don,
Osieciny, Wloclawek is in the Kujawy are of Poland. The married women's hats are called Czapka.[/quote]

Polskamom,

Thanks for the info about the hats.
Don
walturbanek

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:37 pm      Post subject: Re: Ras Family from Korczyna

Holly77 wrote:
This is a photo of my great great grandparents and their family from Korczyna. My great grandmother, Katazryna Ras, born in 1886, is on the far left. Her parents were Franciszek Ras and Anna Grochmal. On my great grandmother's marriage certificate to Wojciech Bober (from Rzeszow), it states that they were farmers. They look like they were very hard workers! I also know that two of the younger girls were named Helena (born abt. 1895) and Aniela (born abt. 1889). Some of the siblings immigrated and settled in Newmarket, New Hampshire, USA, while we've been told the rest stayed behind in Korczyna. I would love to connect with anyone researching Ras, Grochmal, or Bober surnames!

This is one of my absolute favorite photographs of some of my ancestors!

One of my ancestors, Mary Pelczarski married Joseph Ras and immigrated to Newmarket NH. I have some information of their descendants.
dreamer42

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:46 pm      Post subject:

This photo is of a family group taken at a wedding. The back of the photo says Bromberg 2.11.1930. My mother told me the bride is her cousin, daughter of her aunt (the lady holding the small child). My mother pointed out to me 2 other cousins. I do not know the surnames of any of the individuals. My grandfather was Edward Vincent Franz Roszczynialski born in 1881 in Prust, Tuchel, West Prussia. I would like to find someone who may know these people. There is quite a lot of writing on the back of the photo and I think written in German. Is there someone in this group who could try to translate this for me?

Roszczynialski Wedding Bromberg 1930.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.92 MB
 Viewed:  7046 Time(s)

Roszczynialski Wedding Bromberg 1930.jpg

Send e-mail
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:51 pm      Post subject:

dreamer42 wrote:
This photo is of a family group taken at a wedding. The back of the photo says Bromberg 2.11.1930. My mother told me the bride is her cousin, daughter of her aunt (the lady holding the small child). My mother pointed out to me 2 other cousins. I do not know the surnames of any of the individuals. My grandfather was Edward Vincent Franz Roszczynialski born in 1881 in Prust, Tuchel, West Prussia. I would like to find someone who may know these people. There is quite a lot of writing on the back of the photo and I think written in German. Is there someone in this group who could try to translate this for me?

Hi,

Just for the record - today names of cities are:
Pruszcz Tucholski - (Prust, Tuchel)
Bydgoszcz - Bromberg

Distribution of Roszczynialski in today Poland:
http://www.moikrewni.pl/mapa/kompletny/roszczynialski.html
Best,
Elzbieta
HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 158

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:46 pm      Post subject:

My aunt in Ogrod Saski, Lublin, about 1939.

lublin park slawinowski 1943.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  389.09 KB
 Viewed:  7046 Time(s)

lublin park slawinowski 1943.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Page 3 of 3

Jump to: