PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1027

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:11 pm      Post subject:

Hi again,

I just realized that there is a second page for Julia's delayed birth certificate. Here it is:

Best,
Sophia

This Abstract of Supporting Evidence uses several abbreviations. Here is my interpretation.
1. Certificate of baptism, St. Trinitatis Church, Connellsville, Pa., baptized May 19, 1906
2. Affidavit of John Blaszczak, uncle, Uniontown, Pa., notarized July 3, 1942
3. Affidavit of George Chmiel, neighbor, Phillips, Pa., notarized July 3, 1942
4. Affidavit of Salomeia Miendlar, neighbor, Detroit, Michigan, notarized July 3, 1942
5. Marriage record of applicant, Julia Miedlar and Andrew Dudek, Detroit, Michigan, married September 7, 1925
6. Certificate of birth of applicant's son, Edward Dudek, #15704, Detroit, Michigan, born June 17, 1926

As Elzbieta pointed out in her post, Salomeia is not just a neighbor but a relative.

BirthJuliaMiedlarPage2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  523.73 KB
 Viewed:  5616 Time(s)

BirthJuliaMiedlarPage2.jpg

Last edited by Sophia on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:08 pm      Post subject:

On her application for the US passport in 1024, Julianna states she is going to her cousin Andrzej Klamut. On her arrival to the US in August 1924, she states she is going to her brother-in-law Andrzej Klamut.

Familysearch.org with Andrzej Klamut indicates several records:
- WWI draft: he was born 25 Nov 1888 in Graboonica, Austria (Grabownica on his immigration)
- US immigration: 1912, Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 24 years old, from Grabownica, going to his brother Ludwik Klamut, in Braddock, PA
- marriage of his son Walter: he is married to Mary Bleszczak

Maria sister of Anna Blaszczak, therefore Andrzej Klamut is Julia's uncle from mother's side.
Best
Elzbieta
==

Grabownica
woj. podkarpackie
pow. jarosławski
gmina Pruchnik
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:55 pm      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
Hi again,

I just realized that there is a second page for Julia's delayed birth certificate. Here it is:

Best,
Sophia

Salomea Miedler from Detroit, is noted neighbor, but her name is Julianna's name - Salomea is wife of Walter Miedler, born 1891
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KHSS-RSX
She is Sally in 1930 census, from Poland, and Salomea in 1940 census, from Poland, also born in 1891.

Walter brother of Wojciech Miedler?
Elzbieta
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:30 pm      Post subject:

I want to post to thank again you Sophia for valuable comments and Elżbieta for findings. Looks like i need to put some time to collecting the records. Later will post my findings.
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:18 pm      Post subject:

Sophia,

Why get a delayed birth certificate in 1942? Your guess is a logical one but there are certainly other possible reasons. Social Security was a relatively new program and in 1940 there still were plenty of individuals who were not enrolled. Perhaps she needed it because she wanted to get a social security number. (Back in the "good old days" I don't recall presenting too many documents to get a social security number---got mine when I was in high school and needed it for a summer job.) I'm not sure if that was her reason. Perhaps she just wanted a birth certificate which didn't require her to explain why her baptismal certificate was a birth certificate substitute. Perhaps she was like my mother and had no other reason to get a delayed certificate than that she just wanted it. Who knows?

Dave
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:58 am      Post subject:

Hi Sirdan,

In your original post, you also asked about Wojciech Flejszar. I looked at the manifest for him. As you said, he arrived in 1910 and went to his brother-in-law. He arrived on the ship Vaderland, and if you look further through that manifest you will find him also on one of the pages for Detained Aliens. To make it easier for you, I am putting the image here; he is on line 22. The name of the brother-in-law is much clearer on this page - - it is written as Stepan Pentman. Clearly a mis-spelling of Szczepan .... something. Poor Wojciech, he was detained because he needed the money for transportation from New York to Vanderbilt, Pennsylvania, and he had to telegraph his brother-in-law to send it. He was finally released on September 2, so you can see they have noted on this form that he ate 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 4 suppers. I am sure he was ready for some home-made cooking by the time he reached Vanderbilt!
Like you, I have not found any documents for him, but I do want to draw your attention to the World War I Draft Registration form for "Valenty Fleysher" on Familysearch.org because Walenty is also from Wysoka and may be his brother. He is not in Vanderbilt, but still in the same county in Pennsylvania, and he is also working with coke (he spelled it "coak" but it is coke). They would have been 2 years apart in age.
Best,
Sophia

ManifestWojciechFlejszarDetained.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  877.89 KB
 Viewed:  5616 Time(s)

ManifestWojciechFlejszarDetained.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:17 am      Post subject:

P.S. Take a look on familysearch at the 1930 census, 1940 census and World War II draft registration for "George Fleszar" who was born in 1890. He may be your guy. He lived in McClellandtown PA in 1942, and gave his birth date as 4 March 1890 and you expected 9 March 1892. Hmmmm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: