PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:00 pm      Post subject: Using Ancestry.com from Poland

Hello all,

I recently connected with living relatives in Poland! He is asking me if Ancestry.com is a good site for him to use to archive family tree information, or would you recommend something else? Currently, he is keeping all his genealogy records on his own computer. I honestly don't know how to answer him. I use Ancestry.com for all of my research and family tree archives, but I live in the US. Is there a separate Ancestry.com website for users outside of the US? If so, is there one specifically for Poland?

Do any of the forum members living in Poland have any experience with Ancestry.com and if so, would you please tell me about your experience using it? would you recommend it to someone living in Poland and researching their family tree?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:40 am      Post subject:

Cynthia,

Congratulation on connection with relative Smile! We (PolishOrigins Team) have been using ancestry.com for many years now. Thanks to that we have access to trees of our guests when we prepare to their Genealogy Tours as well as during the tours from our mobile devices (smartphones, tablets). It is very useful if you need quickly check details of relation on a cemetery or during family meeting.

In general there is no problem with using ancestry.com service from Poland and if you use it only for storing and getting access to trees of others (without getting access to ancestry.com databases) it is free of charge. If you relatives has his tree saved in GEDCOM file he can easily upload it to ancestry.com.
Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:31 pm      Post subject:

Thank you, Zenon! That is helpful information. I will pass it along to my relative.

If it wasn't for all the folks in this forum, I would never have found my relatives. Thank you ALL!!!
Cynthia

Very Happy
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: