PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:16 pm      Post subject: Where and How to Post Photos

This section of the forum is dedicated to posting old, vintage photos from Poland. Before you post, please decide which topic best fits your photo. If you can't decide. I'll be glad to help you. You can view the current photo topics here:
http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewforum.php?f=30

Please understand that as the Photo forum grows, we may move your photo to a section that best fits the subject of your photo.

To add a photo, scroll down to 'Add an Attachment', click 'Browse...' and find the picture file in your local drive. You can add a comment to the picture (optionally) and click to the 'Submit' button. If you want to add more than one photo, click on "Add Attachment" add your additional file and then "Submit"

Files much larger than 2MB can not be uploaded. Please resize.

If your file is larger than 2MB you should resize it to maximum 2MB with your image editing software or use an on-line tool such as: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ .

Last edited by Shellie on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:08 am      Post subject:

For resizing and editing your pictures you can also find very helpful article written by Bob entitled: Image Editing and Cataloging Programs and Genealogy http://polishorigins.com/document/computers_and_genealogy4 in his series of articles: Computers and Genealogy.
Send e-mail
Dorothy

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:54 pm      Post subject:

Shellie,
I just re-registered and hope to get serious this fall/winter on long neglected research in Poland. I inherited a photo album which included 100s of photos from Poland. Unhappily, few had names or dates. I was able to trace some photos taken in the US by searching the photo studios at the Newberry Library, Chicago. It looks like there is much experitise here on Polish Origins that I hope will be helpful. I also hope I can be helpful. That's the beauty of doing genealogy - never know when you have the answer someone is looking for. Thanks, Dorothy
Send e-mail
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 pm      Post subject:

Dorothy wrote:
Shellie,
I just re-registered and hope to get serious this fall/winter on long neglected research in Poland. I inherited a photo album which included 100s of photos from Poland. Unhappily, few had names or dates. I was able to trace some photos taken in the US by searching the photo studios at the Newberry Library, Chicago. It looks like there is much experitise here on Polish Origins that I hope will be helpful. I also hope I can be helpful. That's the beauty of doing genealogy - never know when you have the answer someone is looking for. Thanks, Dorothy

Hi Dorothy - it's good to have you back! I would be over the moon if I was able to get a box of photos like yours - how exciting! I look forward to seeing some of them posted in the photos section. If you don't see a topic in the photos section that suits you, you can certainly create your own thread. There has not been much activity in the photos section, so it is especially nice to get your message!
Shellie
Jaye

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:09 pm      Post subject:

I'm new here. Here is a picture believed to be the family of my great-grandmother, Julia Saluk, who is the girl in the middle. If my mother's cousin and I are correct, we know the names of the boys in the photos as well, but not, sadly, the young girls or the adults! I'm guessing the photo to be around 1890 or 95. None of our dates before emmigration are clear!

Probably Julia Zyga centre with her parents and si.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.62 KB
 Viewed:  14866 Time(s)

Probably Julia Zyga centre with her parents and si.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: