PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:56 pm      Post subject: Dziedzic family from Skurowa, Przeczyca, Krakow. Poland

I am researching my Polish ancestors from Poland. My grandmother, Wiktoria (Victoria) Dziedzic was born in 1881 in Skurowa and baptized at Przeczyca, Krakow. She was one of nine children: Mariana b. 1879, Victoria b. 1881, Anna b. 1884, Marianna b. 1887, Sophie b. 1890, Adalbertus b. 1901, Jacobus b. 1902, Michael b. 1905, and Franciscus b. 1908.

My grandmother Victoria immigrated to USA in 1900 and married Joseph Ziemba. They had 12 children. The name was eventually "Americanized" and became Zembo. I know for a fact Victoria's sisters, Anna and Sophie immigrated to the USA in the early 1900's too.

My aunt Josephine ( one of Victoria's daughters) traveled to visit the relatives who remained in Poland. I have a picture of Victoria's mother (Magdalena Ksiazek) and father ( Stanisalus Dziedzic ) and four of her siblings that was taken in Poland. I have attached it to this message. I know Josephine visited them in Poland and corresponded with them. Unfortunately, the only thing I have is this picture. I am desperately searching for any relatives who are still in Poland and would love to reconnect with them.

The people in the picture are as follows:
left to right standing: Frank Dziedzic (killed in the war), John Dziedzic (also killed in the war), Michael Dziedzic, and Veronica Dziedzic (not sure if this was her middle name or not)
left to right sitting: Stanislaus Dziedzic (Victoria's father) and Magdalena Ksiazek Dziedzic (Victoria's mother)

My hope is that someone will recognize this family and can shed some light on my research. All Victoria's 12 children including my dad, Louis are now deceased so researching my ancestors has become a challenge. My husband and I traveled to Poland in Sept. 2014. I am hoping to find enough information about my four grandparents and their birthplaces so we can return with our daughters and retrace my heritage in Poland.

Thank you,
Jane Zembo Dufault
Westport, Massachusetts, USA

Scan.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  696.47 KB
 Viewed:  7241 Time(s)

Scan.jpg

Send e-mail
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 am      Post subject:

Hi Jane,
Ideally, someone who knows this family would contact you. However, I wonder whether you would just take a shot at finding them this way . . . here is a link to a school in Przeczyca http://przeczyca.pl/viewpage.php?page_id=9
and it includes lovely pictures of children, several of whom have the Dziedzic surname. It seems a small enough village that if you contacted the school, someone there might be able to put you in touch with the current Dziedzic residents there, and they may know your family. Even if you do not read Polish, you can still find, on the right-hand side of the web page, an area called "kontakty" which gives an email address. Go ahead and write in English, a very short request, and see what comes of it!
Best of luck in your search,
Sophia
MOMNWIFE

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:12 am      Post subject: My grandmother Anna Mary DZIEDZIC Jackovin

My grandmother was born in the United States as well as her sisters Sophie, Helen, Mary. My grandmother had two daughters Irene Jackovin (Bandemier) and my mother Josephine. I was young when they were a part of my childhood. I as a child never paid attention to last names or who was from my mothers side or my dads side. I no longer saw any of them once we moved out of Chicago in the 70's. I know my grandmother was born in chicago but her parents were born in Poland somewhere. My grandmother was born 1913 . My mother Josephine Ann Jackovin was born March 3-18-1934 and passed February 2-22-1990 in Romeoville Illinois. If you think we might be realated, please message me so we can compare notes and see if we can add information for those who are still living.

Lenore Ramos Long.

Aunt Mary I think.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Aunt Mary I think.jpg

AUNT SOPHIE 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.85 KB

AUNT SOPHIE 2.jpg

Gramma Jackovin3 2.jpg
 Description:
Anna Mary Dziedzic. Married to Sam Jackovin
 Filesize:  72.57 KB

Gramma  Jackovin3 2.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 655

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:50 am      Post subject: Re: Dziedzic family from Skurowa, Przeczyca, Krakow. Poland

janedufault wrote:
I am researching my Polish ancestors from Poland. My grandmother, Wiktoria (Victoria) Dziedzic was born in 1881 in Skurowa and baptized at Przeczyca, Krakow. She was one of nine children: Mariana b. 1879, Victoria b. 1881, Anna b. 1884, Marianna b. 1887, Sophie b. 1890, Adalbertus b. 1901, Jacobus b. 1902, Michael b. 1905, and Franciscus b. 1908.

My grandmother Victoria immigrated to USA in 1900 and married Joseph Ziemba. They had 12 children. The name was eventually "Americanized" and became Zembo. I know for a fact Victoria's sisters, Anna and Sophie immigrated to the USA in the early 1900's too.

My aunt Josephine ( one of Victoria's daughters) traveled to visit the relatives who remained in Poland. I have a picture of Victoria's mother (Magdalena Ksiazek) and father ( Stanisalus Dziedzic ) and four of her siblings that was taken in Poland. I have attached it to this message. I know Josephine visited them in Poland and corresponded with them. Unfortunately, the only thing I have is this picture. I am desperately searching for any relatives who are still in Poland and would love to reconnect with them.

The people in the picture are as follows:
left to right standing: Frank Dziedzic (killed in the war), John Dziedzic (also killed in the war), Michael Dziedzic, and Veronica Dziedzic (not sure if this was her middle name or not)
left to right sitting: Stanislaus Dziedzic (Victoria's father) and Magdalena Ksiazek Dziedzic (Victoria's mother)

My hope is that someone will recognize this family and can shed some light on my research. All Victoria's 12 children including my dad, Louis are now deceased so researching my ancestors has become a challenge. My husband and I traveled to Poland in Sept. 2014. I am hoping to find enough information about my four grandparents and their birthplaces so we can return with our daughters and retrace my heritage in Poland.

Thank you,
Jane Zembo Dufault
Westport, Massachusetts, USA

Hi Jane,
If I understand your post correctly, then you are only interested in the fate of your grandmother's remaining siblings in Poland. However, you know a lot about your ancestors. I'm thinking about Wiktoria's parents, grandparents, great grandparents... It would be nice if you could explain this before I start looking.
Sophia, this site you were talking about? https://przeczyca.pl/
I only see one picture and a short text. ???

Regards,
-Barb
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:44 am      Post subject: Re: Dziedzic family from Skurowa, Przeczyca, Krakow. Poland

BarbOslo wrote:

Regards,
-Barb

Hi Barb,
This conversation was from 2016, so I think the link is not valid anymore.
Best regards,
Sophia
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 655

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:03 am      Post subject: Re: Dziedzic family from Skurowa, Przeczyca, Krakow. Poland

Sophia wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:

Regards,
-Barb

Hi Barb,
This conversation was from 2016, so I think the link is not valid anymore.
Best regards,
Sophia

Oh yes. Was surprised by the quick response, but did not check the date of calls. Haha. Isn't date the most important thing in genealogy?
-Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: