PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
bobbin laces
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:31 am      Post subject: Learn a unique traditional art with PolishOrigins

For this year we have prepared an unusual offer for you.
We invite you to the 19th Galician town for bobbin lace making workshop.

This rare skill of lace making brings a lot of satisfaction and you can help to spread this traditional handicraft to friends and family, and save it from disappearing.

This is a 6 day, 23 hour workshop, with an expert instructor from the capital of bobbin laces handicraft in Poland. You will learn from an experienced, friendly teacher, who has participated in many bobbin lace festivals in Europe, and whose bobbin lace works are valued by experts.
Each day you will practice all morning and in the afternoon, go visiting some local tourist sites.

In the afternoons we will show you some interesting tourist sites, including the open-air museum of a Galician village, the town of Bobowa (exhibition of bobbin laces), the old castle in Stara Lubovna (Slovakia), ride a river raft on the Dunajec River, and enjoy a few of the lesser known “hidden gems” of southern Poland.
When the workshop is completed, we will travel to the Wieliczka Salt Mine and then on to the beautiful old city of Kraków.

Dates of workshop for 2016: July 3 -10

If you want to know more, see our offer: http://polishorigins.com/document/bobbin_laces

Warning: Bobbin laces making may cause addiction !

beautiful croatian lace.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  274.03 KB
 Viewed:  4048 Time(s)

beautiful croatian lace.jpg

Magdalena
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:44 am      Post subject:

I want to share one of my favorites patterns of bobbin lace doily. It is the one I used to make the video. If you haven't seen it yet, you can find it here: https://youtu.be/oKjzsSnVpEE

Please share the result if you will try to make it Smile

bobbin lace pattern Anna magazine 7_2004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  4048 Time(s)

bobbin lace pattern Anna magazine 7_2004.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Handicraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: