PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:05 pm      Post subject: Lidiack/Lidak or similar

I am wondering if anybody could tell me or assist me where to go for information in regards to the origins of this name. I am wondering if it could actually be Hungarian?? in origin.. Obviously it is spelt a little phonetically..and without it's correct spelling.

Marianna Lidiack/Lidak was married later married to a chap Kubala and they lived in Moravia/Austria back in 1869. I am unsure if they were originally from there. Later Marianna married a chap Michal Szeliga after her Kubala chap died. Whilst this may not be my Marianna Lida'k, it is an example of the spelling...

I am curious as to the origins of the Lidiak/Lidiack/Lidak name.

Lidak family Czech Republic Census house 534 image 137.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.22 KB
 Viewed:  2775 Time(s)

Lidak family Czech Republic Census house 534 image 137.jpg

Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:12 am      Post subject:

DsS,

Lidak surname (and variations such as Ludziak, Lidke, Lidtke, Ludzia) have the common Slavic root
lud-, “people”.

Here in PolishOrigins Surnames Database you will find other PolishOrigins members interested in similar surname Ludzia: http://polishorigins.com/surnames/search/string/Ludzia .

Sources
Visit poster's website
DsS

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:21 am      Post subject:

Hello Aga Pawlus, thank you very much for the information. So many variants of the name!! wow.... Thank you!

I have been having trouble to discern it's possible origin.. I will have a look now at the link above, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: