PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:15 pm      Post subject: looking for Cegielski - Slupca, Poland

I'm looking for any information on my great grandfather's family. My great grandfather Leon (Leonard) Cegielski was born in Slupca on April 11, 1884 to I believe a Joseph and Mary (Maria) Cegielski. She may have had the last name of Kalushna?

He came over in November 1908 on a boat and supposedly had left a wife and a child behind.

He married a lady name Stanislaw (Stella) Ryba who apparently was only from about 20 miles away from Slupca. I've heard they met on the boat coming over, but haven't confirmed that.

Any help would be amazing!!!
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:36 pm      Post subject:

Hi,

Your great grandfather arrived at Ellis Island aboard the Friedrich der Grosse on November 18, 1908. The record states that he was 24 years old and was from Slupca and his nearest relative was his wife Maryanna in Slupca. There is a notation from 1941 which indicates that he filed papers for naturalization. To see the record go to the Ellis Island site, create a free account and enter Leon Cegielski is the passenger search box.

Best of luck in your search.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: