PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:21 am      Post subject: Family search Salt Lake City Records

Does anyone have information on a reasonably priced researcher who can interpret Russian written LDS Films of Catholic church records in the Salt Lake City Famiily search centre. Or any one of their branches as I have hit a massive wall in Belarus. At this present time due to all the drama happening with Russia, Syria etc. Australia is not recognising Russia or Belarus and therefore any financial transactions are null and void with these countries. I can not pay the archive in Grodno to search their records. I do know there are records in the Familysearch centre but as I cannot make heads or tails of the Russian or Latin writing only what tiny amount of Polish appears, I am totally stuck. Unfortunately, I cannot hire a researcher in Belarus to search the Grodno archives as they all work for the archives, (still communist thinking over there, even though they are a country in their own right but must sway towards Russia as their currency is Ruble too.) Any assistance in this would be much appreciated.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:41 am      Post subject:

Hi,
You may want to look at the website for the Association of Professional Genealogists.
https://www.apgen.org/
You can "search by location" if you want to find genealogists who actually live, for example, in a particular country, or who live in Utah (several there live in Salt Lake City itself). Alternatively, you can "search by research specialty" (one of the choices is LDS) or "search by geo specialty" (which will give you, for example, someone who does not live in Belarus but who claims to specialize in such records). You will find a wide array of genealogists; it is up to you to decide whom you might choose to do business with.
Best of luck in your research,
Sophia
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:12 pm      Post subject:

Hi,

I have hired Ola Heska more than once and was totally satisfied. She reads polish, russian and latin, and also works (or used to) in a FHC Centre in Napperville, IL. Her email address was [email protected] and has a facebook page in https://www.facebook.com/mygenelady/?pnref=lhc

Gilberto
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:32 pm      Post subject:

Magroski49 wrote:
Hi,

I have hired Ola Heska more than once and was totally satisfied. She reads polish, russian and latin, and also works (or used to) in a FHC Centre in Napperville, IL. Her email address was [email protected] and has a facebook page in https://www.facebook.com/mygenelady/?pnref=lhc

Gilberto

Hi,

According to the PGSA website Ola Heska's email is still the same. Her phone number is also included on the attachment.

Wishing you success,

Dave

ola heska.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.36 KB
 Viewed:  4228 Time(s)

ola heska.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: