PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 59

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:58 pm      Post subject: Internet Genealogy Sources

I was wondering if there were any websites that had baptism, marriaage, death info for the old Poznan Province parishes. My maternal side of the family comes from there. My paternal side is from eastern Galicia, now in Ukraine. I've found a site to view some of their parish records. So, just wondering about northwest Poland. I've been on one site, don't remember its name, but doesn't have much info for me.
Thank you for any hellp.
Mary
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 pm      Post subject: Re: Internet Genealogy Sources

Mary Pate wrote:
I was wondering if there were any websites that had baptism, marriaage, death info for the old Poznan Province parishes. My maternal side of the family comes from there. My paternal side is from eastern Galicia, now in Ukraine. I've found a site to view some of their parish records. So, just wondering about northwest Poland. I've been on one site, don't remember its name, but doesn't have much info for me.
Thank you for any hellp.
Mary

Mary,
Poznan Project in http://poznan-project.psnc.pl/ (marriages only)
To see BMD check parishes in www.szukajwarchiwach.pl

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Jednoralski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:19 pm      Post subject:

This site, http://www.ptg.gda.pl/index.php/default/ , was give me by a Polish Genealogist, Katarzyna Zakrys-Nalazek, PTG Pomorskie Towarzystwo Genealogiczne, Pomeranian Genealogical Association
Neil J
Salina, KS, USA

www.jednoralski.us.com
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Mary Pate

Replies: 59

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:05 pm      Post subject:

Thank you. Gilberto. I have used Poznan Project a lot, many times, to verify what I had. Pan Bielecki has done a wonderful job there. However, there are instances in which a dedicated volunteer has transcribed the data incorrectly or the priest had. I had been given specific information from the granddaughter of her grandparents marriage. An incorrect mother of the bride's name was given. I did add a note to state what family information is. The Szukaj... website I forgot about. Think I was on it a couple years ago. I'll try again now. I have two dead ends in that area and one down in Galicia. Just trying to find easy ways to search.
Thanks again for the info and your time to respond.
Mary

Neil,
Thank you, too. That will help many who have ancestors from the Pomerania area.
Mary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: