PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:23 pm      Post subject: Standing Alone - Individual Photos of Ancestors in Poland

This section is devoted to images of your ancestor, standing, sitting, or working alone. If you have a photo of your ancestor, by themselves, please post it here and tell us all you know about them.

If your ancestor is in a uniform, we have a section just for military photos: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=728

Wedding photos here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=737

Please take a look at the topics we've provided for your photos.
http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewforum.php?f=30
If you feel that your photo does not fit under the topics provided, contact me and we will discuss a new subject.

Thank you for sharing
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 pm      Post subject:

My great-grandfather Teodor Ferenc was born in 1891 in Boryslaw, near Drohobych. This area is now part of the Ukraine. He came to America in 1907 and worked in the coal mines in western Pennsylvania until about 1920. He then moved his family to West Virginia and had is own car repair garage. All of his brothers worked in transportation. One brother owned another car repair garage in Ohio and 2 other brothers drove cabs and later started their own bus company. It makes me wonder what my ancestors did in Drohobych before they came to America.

I believe that this portrait was taken around 1907, shortly before Teodor Ferenc left for America at the age of 16. He did not see his mother and siblings until they arrived in the US in 1913. Perhaps this was taken so his mother would have an image to remember him by should they never see him again.

Anyone who has seen church records, census, or other records for Boryslaw or Drohobych, please contact me. thank you. Shellie

Teodor Ferenc.jpg
 Description:
Teodor Ferenc, around 1907 - Click to Enlarge
 Filesize:  449.96 KB
 Viewed:  8567 Time(s)

Teodor Ferenc.jpg

alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:56 am      Post subject:

My grandfather Aleksy Ciesielski born in Police Mostowe 1895. My grandfather came to Denmark 1914.
This photo was taken before he left Poland.

aleksy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.98 KB

aleksy.jpg

alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:02 am      Post subject:

My grandfathers sister Kazimiera Ciesielska born 1908 in Janow. Kazimiera came to France 1930.

Kazimiera Ciesielska.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.7 KB

Kazimiera Ciesielska.jpg

HELENAWOJTCZAK
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 158

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:26 pm      Post subject:

This lovely photo was taken in Helenow brickyard in Lublin in June 1941. The workers and their families lived within the brickyard in barracks built by the owner for that purpose. It was rather squalid by today's standards - wooden shacks with no running water.

The lady is my cousin, Bronka Wojtczak, holding her baby Krystyna, b Feb 1940. Krystyna went on to marry Motor Lublin professional footballer Waldemar Stefanski, whose death this month was covered by obituaries in all the Lublin newspapers.

BRONKA KRYSTYNA JUNE 1941.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.86 MB

BRONKA KRYSTYNA JUNE 1941.jpg

Nellie444

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:56 pm      Post subject: Numerous Photos of unknown Janowski Family Members

I have several photos from the Janowski family that lived in the Schodnica area. I know they owned a grocery store in Boryslaw around 1900; however, I have not been able to find any information on the store. When the Janowski family came to America they came to an Uncle Josef Rominski, which is who I suspect is in the first photo here. These photos were brought over by the family and passed down generation to generation, unfortunately many of their names have been forgotten.

9- Front (2).jpg
 Description:
This is Michalea Janowski (Sulkowska). She and her husband Karl Janowski had 9 children.
 Filesize:  69.44 KB

9- Front (2).jpg

7- Front (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.64 KB

7- Front (2).jpg

6- Front (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.42 KB

6- Front (2).jpg

4- Front (2).jpg
 Description:
Unknown
 Filesize:  77.47 KB

4- Front (2).jpg

3- Front (2).jpg
 Description:
Unknown Man - I suspect that his last name is either Janowski or Rominski
 Filesize:  60.53 KB

3- Front (2).jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: