PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:37 pm      Post subject: Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth Records

I am looking for another source of records other than the Grodno Archives in Belarus, for years prior to 1905. There must be other copies of records. I know the Lithuanian Archives have records but they are earlier than the time frame I am looking for. It is impossible to deal with the Grodno Archives as their banking details are incorrect and they are obstanant in communication. I have tried twice to wire the fees to them unsuccessfully, which has left me out of pocket and frustrated.

I know that the Family search Centre in Salt Lake City, may have records but, I have no idea which LDS film to look at. Then posses the question of translation, as they are mainly in Russian and Latin.

Or maybe someone knows of an inexpensive researcher?
Tina Ellis

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:45 pm      Post subject:

What was the religion of your ancestor? When and where were they born? Did they marry and have children in Belarus?
Send e-mail
shorky09

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:37 am      Post subject:

Tina Ellis wrote:
What was the religion of your ancestor? When and where were they born? Did they marry and have children in Belarus?

Catholic.

My grandfather was born in 1905 in Szorkinie, Novogrodek. It is down from Ostryna and to the right and above Starodworce. I have his first wife's name and his parents names which were verified by a search done a while back. Although, the name provided on my grandfather's documents and the name the archives gave are different. My grandfather stated Antoni as his father's Christian name and the archive Nicodem Antonovich ( which I was told via forum, Antonovich means son of Antoni). I dont know if my grandfather and his first wife had children. He said no, but then he kept it a secret, until a letter arrived via the Red Cross, asking for money, then it was out in the open. He mentioned a sister named Maria.

I have found a Maria on Geni from Szorkinie with the same last name but, misspelt on the tree. I have tried contacting the tree owner a few times with no luck of reply. This Maria is 16 years younger than my grandfather. It maybe possible that she is a cousin, or maybe it was his sister.

[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: