PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:22 pm      Post subject: Waksmund Emigration

I just found several postings regarding emigration from Waksmund, Nowy Targ area of Galicia and I recognized many names that are in my family tree. My first question is: Can anyone tell me what is the difference between "Waksmundzka" and "Waksmunda" ? In my tree, I have a Katarzyna Waksmundzka who married Jozef Sral. Also I have an Anna Waksmundzka. The surnames Sral, Drozdz, Smarduch are also part of the family. I don't really have a clear understanding of how these people are all related.

My great- grandfather was Antoniego Ksiazkiewicz who was the son of Franciszkiem and Anna Sral. Franciszkiem was the son of Andrzeja Ksiazkiewicz and Marii Rozycka or could be Jozefa Ksiazkiewicz and Anioela Szaskiewic. Not clear on this!

Antoniego was married twice....first time to Katarzyny Preis. They had 8 children and Katarzyny died . Antoniego remarried Mariae Apolonia Zawadzka. They had a total of 9 more children. The 6th child was my grandmother, Rozalia who emigrated to US some time in the late 1890s. Haven't found a definitive record. Can anyone give me more information so I have a clear understanding of the relationships and when Rozalia came to the US?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

/s/Jacqueline Fern

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Emigration All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: