PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:38 pm      Post subject: WWII experiences in the villages

I am attempting to research what life was like in the villages in Poland during WWII for a historical fiction novel. The setting will be in Niwiska near Kolbuszowa. The village was evacuated to construct a research facility for V1 and V2 missile. Most of the info is about Warsaw and Krakow. Does anyone have suggestions or info to share? I have the book " A Jewish Boyhood in Poland: remembering Kolbuszowa" and that gave me great info about the Jewish experience. This story will be from a Catholic prospective and the memoirs of Fr. Jan Kurek, their local priest who was also a Polish patriot and was forced into hiding for six months.

I'm trying to finish up the historical fiction novel I have been working on for three + years so that I can begin this work. All about honoring the ancestors!

Donna
MDuplaga
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:33 pm      Post subject: WWII experiences in the village

Donna,

You may want to try JewishGen.org in their Yizkor Book or Kehila Links. I have found their accountings of Life in the Villages are very interesting and although they may focus on Jewish life there is a lot of details that would be for any person living in a particular village. You can input names of a particular village/town that you are interested in.
I have also found interesting information by "googling" the name of a village located in Poland which may also lead you to a village website that may contain some "history" of that particular village.
MaryAnne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Other topics related to Poland and Polish roots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: