PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:22 am      Post subject: Research of ancestors in Brazil

Good afternoon!

I am trying to research my family here in Brazil and would like to know if there's any tips of websites or path to follow. During my reasearch I registered at MyHeritage and FamilySearch but I'm not being very successful. What I do know about my Polish ancestors is that they came to Brazil and settled in Rio Grande do Sul state, in a city called Mariana Pimentel. I'm assuming they arrived around 1890. For now, all I have is a Marriage Certificate of 1908 of my great-grandparents: Eustácio Radaieski and Wladislava Staczak. We discovered through the notary in Mariana Pimentel (which turned out to be a relative but with the surname Radajeski) that Estácio's father is Adao Radaiesky (son of Kazimir and Josefa Radaiesky).
For now it seems like I reached a dead end. I'm trying to locate some passenger lists of ships coming to the country (available online on our National Archives) but I'm not sure if they came through Rio de Janeiro Port or some other port in the states of Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina or Parana.

I'd be very grateful for any tip or information!
Thanks,
Livia Radaeski

Last edited by Livia R on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:48 pm      Post subject:

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm      Post subject: Re: Research of ancestors in Brazil

Livia R wrote:
Good afternoon!

I am trying to research my family here in Brazil and would like to know if there's any tips of websites or path to follow. During my reasearch I registered at MyHeritage and FamilySearch but I'm not being very successful. What I do know about my Polish ancestors is that they came to Brazil and settled in Rio Grande do Sul state, in a city called Mariana Pimentel. I'm assuming they arrived around 1890. For now, all I have is a Marriage Certificate of 1908 of my great-grandparents: Eustácio Radaieski and Wladislava Staczak. We discovered through the notary in Mariana Pimentel (which turned out to be a relative but with the surname Radajeski) that Estácio's father is Adao Radaiesky (son of Kazimir and Josefa Radaiesky).
For now it seems like I reached a dead end. I'm trying to locate some passenger lists of ships coming to the country (available online on our National Archives) but I'm not sure if they came through Rio de Janeiro Port or some other port in the states of Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina or Parana.

I'd be very grateful for any tip or information!
Thanks,
Livia Radaeski

Oi, Livia

Casamento do Adam:
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?rid=S&from_date=&to_date=&search_lastname=radajewski&search_lastname2=zlotnicka&rpp1=0&bdm=S&w=07mz&op=gt&lang=pol

E o casamento de Antonio, também filho do Adam, sendo testemunha o Estanislau (Estacio) registro nr. 46. Igreja NS Navegantes Porto Alegre.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939N-WZ3Q-KL?i=81&wc=M78J-C36%3A371565601%2C373307301%2C373346501%3Fcc%3D2177295&cc=2177295

Yesterday I bought a book about Mariana Pimentel and there is no mention to Radajewski or Staczak surnames on it. However, I found a marriage between Salomea Staczak and a Plucharski, in Porto Alegre. If you happen to know this Salomea is related to Wladislawa, then you may want to get in touch with Teresinha Plucharski, a member of our brazilian forum (on her notes, the surname also appears as Stasiak).

Magroski
Send e-mail
Jednoralski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:30 pm      Post subject: Research Ancestors in Brazil

There are Jednoralski's in Brazil, living in the Santa Catarina, from Poland
www.jednoralski.us.com
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Livia R

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:49 pm      Post subject:

Wow, thank you so much, Magroski!!
I'm so excited now Smile

I know nothing about the Staczak family, but will definitely start looking for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: