PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:44 am      Post subject: Cudlack/Cudlick

Looking for Thomas James Cudlick/Cudlack, born Jan 24 1889/Jan 24 1892 to John J Cudlack & Mary Meckes in Lansford, PA. On the 1920, 1920, 1930 census he indicates his parents were born in PA. There is no other information anywhere I've found for him other than his WW1 and WW2 registration cards where he gives two different years for his date of birth. He married a woman named Margaret, also from PA about 1913 and had a child with a 16 year old (great grandmother) while still married to his first wife. I am trying to figure out if he was even Polish. All variations of the name I could come up with show Poland, Austria, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Ukraine. He is odd in that his parents were born in PA, which means their parents came here before the accepted time frame of Polish immigration. But given that he was born in Lansford, and there are no records I've found, surely his dad must have been a miner and must have been Slav rather than Anglo. His name is heavily anglicized and I don't think I'll ever solve the mystery because I have no clue what the original surname was.
dgawell

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:00 am      Post subject: Cudlick

I have Cudecki and Cudecka surnames in my tree and they came from Trzesn, Poland which is near Kolbuszowa. I met some of them! I don't think much immigration from that region happened until after 1898. I have their parish book where someone listed all the immigrants who went to America. BTW- to anyone who has relatives from the Niwiska parish, I could look up any immigrant's record.
tortieflower

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:40 pm      Post subject:

Thank you! This is insightful even if not the same people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: