PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:53 pm      Post subject: Needing Help- Where to start? Krug & Wimovski

Hello,

I recently started researching my ancestry and am not sure where to look next with what I've learned so far. I'm searching for information on a Fred Krug and his parents Korzik Krug and Sophia Wimovski.

What I know of him is from the 1910 U.S. census and a marriage document (Info list below). Fred disappeared/left his family around 1917 when his children were little so my family knows very little about him. I have also been unable to find immigration records for him. With the information I know, is it possible to look for a birth record for him, a marriage record for his parents, or any type of census information in Austria-Poland? In addition, I think its possible that his parents were alive once Poland gained independence. Does anyone know of any type of free records or census I can access online for Poland in the 1920's?

I was also wondering about the surname Wimovski. I found it listed in the marriage record and believe it may be spelled wrong or a variant since I haven't been able to finding anything on it. Also, is Korzik a polish name? Do you think that it may be misspelled?

Name: Fred Krug (listed as frank in marriage record)
Age in 1910: 29
Birth Year: abt 1881 (between Jan-May)
Birthplace: Austria
Home in 1910: Newman, Nance, Nebraska
Immigration Year: 1906
Parents: Korzik Krug and Sophia Wimovski
Father's Birthplace: Austria
Mother's Birthplace: Austria
Native Tongue: Polish
Naturalization Status: Alien
Able to Read: No
Able to Write:No
Years Married:1
Cheri Vanden Berg
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:21 am      Post subject:

Hi,
There is no letter V in the Polish alphabet. W sounds like V, so it's possible that Wimovski should be Wimowski. I don't know if Korzik is a first name or not. Kazik is a first name. It's a diminutive of the name Kazimierz.

If Fred married in a Catholic church, they might have the place where he was baptized in Poland. If you can find that he became a citizen, his naturalization records should have his birth place.

Cheri
DreamskapeCR

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:57 pm      Post subject:

Quote:
Does anyone know of any type of free records or census I can access online for Poland in the 1920's?

If they were living in Poland they may be listed here: http://www.slupcagenealogy.com/SearchPg.aspx[/quote]
erinengel

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:05 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Cheri Vanden Berg and DreamskapeCR!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: