PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:06 pm      Post subject: Searching for my family in Strzegowo/Mlawa area

I will be traveling to Poland this upcoming May for about roughly 10 days and am currently searching for any information on my Great-Great Grandmother's family. I have been trying to locate family that could still be alive today however obtaining records past 1912 is quite difficult.

I have been able to dig up a surmountable amount of research so far. Here is details on the family of my Great-Great Grandmother, Marta Zielinska:

Father: Szczepan Zielinski
Mother: Julianna Lazarewicz

* Marta was one of 12, possibly 13, children:

1. Bronislawa Zielinska

DOB: Unknown, possibly before 1882
DOD: Unknown, believed to have immigrated to America however unknown

2. Marion Roch Zielinski

DOB: 15 AUG 1882 – Unknown, possibly around Strzegowo, POLAND
DOD: 13 DEC 1925 – Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, USA

3. Wladyslawa Antonina Zielinska

DOB: 23 FEB 1884 – Dabrowa, Strzegowo, POLAND
DOD: 12 NOV 1918 – Erie, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA

Spouse: Jozef Midouszewski
Marriage: 1906 – Strzegowo, Plock, POLAND

4. Adam Szczepan Zielinski

DOB: 11 DEC 1886 – Dabrowa, Strzegowo, POLAND
DOD: 1887 – Dabrowa, Strzegowo, POLAND

5. Zofia Pelaga Zielinska

DOB: 25 MAR 1888 – Dabrowa, Strzegowo, POLAND
DOD: 06 JUL 1956 – Erie, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA

Spouse: Roman Blaszczyk
Marriage: 1910 – Strzegowo, Plock, POLAND

6. Marta Bernice Zielinska

DOB: 30 JAN 1891 – Niedzborz, Strzegowo, POLAND
DOD: 22 DEC 1970 – Erie, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA

Spouse: Jan Sokolowski
Marriage: 20 JAN 1915 – Erie, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA

7. Helena Weronika Zielinska

DOB: 25 FEB 1893 – Niedzborz, Strzegowo, POLAND
DOD: Unknown – Unknown, Unknown, POLAND

Spouse: Unknown
Marriage: Unknown – Unknown, Unknown, POLAND

8. Stanislaw Zielinski

DOB: 15 SEP 1894 – Niedzborz, Strzegowo, POLAND
DOD: 15 DEC 1918 – Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, USA

Spouse: Wilhelmina Rzuska
Marriage: 10 FEB 1917 – Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, USA

9. Apolonia Julianna Zielinska

DOB: 1897 – Niedzborz, Strzegowo, POLAND
DOD: 1898 - Niedzborz, Strzegowo, POLAND

10. Janina Zielinska

DOB: 1899 – Niedzborz, Strzegowo, POLAND

11. Stanislawa Weronkia Zielinska

DOB: 1902 – Niedzborz, Strzegowo, POLAND

* Marta's siblings Marian, Wladyslawa, Adam and Zofia were born in Dąbrowa k. Mławy prior to my Great-Great Grandmother's birth. After that, from 1892 to 1902 it appears that the rest of the children were born in the village of Niedzborz. Someone who could possibly be a distant relative stated that Marta's siblings were mostly married in the Strzegowo area, which might be true considering that Zofia and Wladyslawa were married in Strzegowo

* Birthplace, Marriage and Death information for Szczepan and Julianna Zielinski, My Great-Great-Great Grandparents, are currently unknown at this time. I have been told that Julianna's maiden name was very 'uncommon' for the area around Strzegowo.

* The fact that my Marta had any siblings besides Wladyslawa and Zofia were unknown mostly to our family as she never really discussed details of this. It is possible she could have disclosed details of family in Poland and their whereabouts to my Great-Grandmother or her sister, however unfortunately they are deceased.

* It is believed that Szczepan and Julianna Zielinski came from an area of Prussia and migrated to the Strzegowo area. However, this is not entirely sure, merely a suggestion from what I've heard.

* Located in Marta's Obituary in 1970 it lists a living sister, Genevieve Kaczorowski, her location only known as living in Poland

* There are several photographs from Marta's family in Poland which are dated around the 1950s/1960s. Location are unknown only that they are addressed to "Ciotka" indicating from one of her possible nieces/nephews

* My Grandfather communicated via correspondence through letters with either the Niece or daughters of one of Marta's siblings in Poland. The letters whereabouts are unknown as they were lost and when I was able to ask my Grandfather questions before he passed his memory was not able to recall where the location of this family is to this day.

Any help is greatly appreciated in helping me try to locate my family today as this would really mean a whole lot to my family. If anyone is located around this area and would be be interested in helping please let me know.

I will try to provide additional information if needed/requested
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: