PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 59

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:43 pm      Post subject: Map Location of Wolica

I've just gotten information from My Heritage about one of my deadends. I could see a little but not a lot since with my basic membership I cannot contact the person with info.
In what I saw, I saw the village name of Wolica. I cannot find it on my small scale sheet maps of Ukraine. This, back then, was in eastern Galicia. This Wolica most probably would be near Grzymalow, south of Skalat--in the area southeast of Ternopil. I say all this since there are many Wolica(s). Can anyone pinpoint this village for me? Appreciate it.

My other question is--doesn't anyone have an opinion whether it is worth the $6/month to upgrade to a premium membership on My Heritage?

Thanks,
Mary Pate Cool
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:17 pm      Post subject:

Wolica (P), Volitsia (U) 49°16' N 26°13' E 55.6 kilometers SE of Ternopil (Tarnopol)
1934: wieś, gmina Wolica, pow Skałat, woj. Tarnaopol. Krasne Roman Catholic parish, Kałaharówka Greek Catholic parish
From Geographic Dictionary of Poland (1880s) RC parish was Grzymałów, GC parish Kałaharówka. 142 Roman Catholics, 536 Greek Catholics, 70 Jews. 208 Poles, 536 Rusyns.

Wolica i.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.95 MB
 Viewed:  5084 Time(s)

Wolica i.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Other topics related to Poland and Polish roots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: