PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:22 pm      Post subject: Website dedicated to Polish History & Anna Grab

I have been posting numerous articles about Poland on my website and invite you to take a look. Stories about my grandparents' village of Niwiska, the nearby village of Blizna where Hitler top secret V-1 and V-2 experiments took place, the Polish Home Army and the Letters of Anna Grabiec, a courier for the AK during WW2 are on the site. One of Anna's undelivered letters in particular is fascinating because it was found in an American pilot's briefcase 40 years later. I have spoken with the daughter of the pilot and Anna's nieces and they are providing me more information.

So, please check out my website www.donnagawell.com and go to the section "History of Niwiska and the Letters of Anna Grabiec. There is a great deal of information about life in Galicia, WW2, Operation Wildhorn III. So much to make us proud to be descendants of these great people.

Also, Feb 14, 2017 is the 75th anniversary of the Polish Home Army, so check out the info on that topic on my site. Please read the article on Operation Wildhorn III as some of the information is unique and from an interview of Colonel Baszak of the AK. Most of the info on this topic is told by the British and Baszak's story tells what occurred during the preparation and on the ground. I carefully transcribed what Baszak reported. It is one of the most amazing stories I have ever heard. Also, go to "Europe" to find additional info such as The Beautiful Cemeteries of Poland and Polish foods.

The website is my author's website, so you might also find the information about Puritans interesting! My historical novel "Thee Redemption of Mehitabel Braybrooke" (I'm descended from Mehitabel) has been picked up by a publisher and will be released in March 2018. You probably have guessed where my next historical novel will be set: in Niwiska, Poland!

I have a few more articles about Poland that will be published next week.

Donna

www.donnagawell.com
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 am      Post subject:

Hi Donna,
Thanks for posting the link to your website! I have been reading it and appreciate the kind of work that goes into this type of writing. I do hope you keep adding to it.
I noticed at the end of your piece on Anna Grabiec's "A War Memory" that you have a quote, "What a fortune people have prepared for people!" I am curious as to whether this is a translation of a sentence for which you have the original Polish wording.
Best,
Sophia
dgawell

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:31 pm      Post subject: Thank you!

Sophia, I am so happy that so many people are reading it. The quote is a bit mysterious to me also. If I am ever given the letters, I will write out the quote in Polish. I just received much of the original author's resources just yesterday. He sent them to me in huge envelope and is so happy that I'm doing this project. I am so excited to be receiving more of Anna's letters in the future. I only wish that I had a translation resource. I am going to be speaking with her daughter in April who only speaks English and her cousin thinks she can arrange a translator for that occasion.

I truly feel God has given me the task of writing about this topic and then to author a historical novel taking place in Niwiska during WWII. I ask for God's peace and strength as I take on this amazing task of writing the story of so many brave and remarkable people!

BTW- I have readers from all over the world. Pretty much every continent except Antarctica, including the Middle East!
Donna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: