PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:40 am      Post subject:

slovakiaorawa wrote:
Hi,

I know that this is family records translation thread, but I am not able to find general german translation thread. I need to translate from german a guide for map of Polhora (now Slovakia, Orawa) - left below part of the map (link), numbers 1 to 5 (uploaded picture 1). Number 5 is the most important for me.

I would like to ask you to translate for me picture 2. I want to translate words around building nr.5 inside red circle.

Map should describe border checkpoints with Galicia.

Here is a link for original map from hungarian archive.
https://maps.hungaricana.hu/en/MOLTerkeptar/3630/view/?bbox=-104%2C-4660%2C2628%2C-3557

Here is description of the map
https://maps.hungaricana.hu/en/MOLTerkeptar/3630/

Thanks.

Best regards,
slovakiaorawa

PS:

Polhora, Sihelnia, Mutne, Lipnica are villages here in Orawa.

Hi Slovakiaorawa,

Please find attached the map legend for the “Idealplan über die Lage des vereinten Comercial Zoll un Dreyssigstamtes Polhora in dem Aruaer Comitate“, starting with your picture 2:

Gränzlinie [i.e. „Grenzlinie“ or borderline]

Comercialstrasse, mit Nebenwegen [main road with back roads]

Zoll u [und] 30stamt [Dreyßigstamt] Polhora 1. Entfernt von der Gränzlinie eine Meile [tax station Polhora 1. distance to borderline one mile; the thirtieth (“Dreyßigst“) was a special term for taxes within the Kingdom of Hungaria]

Kordonaufsichtsstazionne, zu Polhora, Sihelnia, Mutne und Lipnica bezeichnet mit 2. [control station for the border region (or the cordon sanitaire) to Polhora, Sihelnia, Mutne and Lipnica referred to as 2.]

Gränzwachpostierungen zu Zlatne, Sopotnia, Kamienna, Krzynioki u[und] Glachacki bezeichnet 3. [border guard stations to Zlatne, Sopotnia, Kamienna, Krzynioki and Glachacki referred to as 3.]

Hegerswohnungen Ungarischer Seits 4. [keeper dwellings on the hungarian side 4.]

Wirthshaus auf der Gränzlinie ung: [ungarischer] Seits 5. [tavern on the borderline on the hungarian side 5.]

The red circle area in picture 1 shows basically a classification of the roads around the tavern referred to as 5.:

Crossing the circle from south to north is the main road (“Comercial Strasse”). It is developed (or paved) in the Avarer Comitate (“ausgebaute in dem Avarer Comitate”) and undeveloped (or unpaved) [“unausgebaute”] when reaching the borderline and in Galicia.

On the left and Western side of the Commercial Strasse there is a footpath (“Fußweg”) leading across the border to Korbielow and north to it a drivable forest path (“befahrbarer Waldweg”).

On the right and Eastern side of the Commercial Strasse there is just north of the fulling mill (“Walkmühle”) a drivable way (“fahrbarer Weg”) leading to the East and a footpath (“Fußweg”) leading to the border.

Best regards

Michael
slovakiaorawa

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:23 pm      Post subject:

Thank you very much Michael, you helped me a lot!
dshizak

Replies: 36

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 pm      Post subject: Thanks

Thanks Michael for the confirmation of that German record.

r/Dave
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:55 am      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
This is for Williamm85

http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/piechotka_1862_marriage_kolmar_chodziez_346.jpg

William, reading the handwriting here is beyond me, though I can certainly translate the column headings for you.

Best,
Sophia

This is for William85 and Sophia

Sophia, you did a great job in translating the column headings. I took your translation and added the handwritten part.

Best regards,

Michael

Page heading: Jahr 1862: Year 1862

Left-hand page:

First column: Nro. : number 44

Second column: Jahr und Tag der Trauung - 1862, den fünfzehnten October: year and day of the marriage - October 15, 1862

Third column: Name des Geistlichen, welcher die Trauung verrichtet - Schultze: name of the clergyman who performed the wedding - Schultze

Fourth column: Vor-, Zu- und Geschlechts-Name der Getrauten, Aufenthalts, Stand und Gewerbe, auch ob die Trauung in der Kirche oder zu Hause vollzogen worden - Der Gerbermeister Friedrich Piechotka von hier des verstorbenen Grundbesitzers Adam Piechotka 2t hinters. [hinterster] Sohn mit Jgfr. [Jungfrau] Louise Angurline Schimmel sie selbst, des hier verstorbenen Fleischermeisters Christian Schimmel jüngsten hinters. [hintersten] Tochter 2ter Ehe. Sind in der Kirche getraut worden.: first names and family names of those being married, residence, status and trade, also whether the marriage was performed in the church or at home - The master tanner Friedrich Pietchotka from here the late landowner's Adam Pietchotka second backmost son with virgin Louise Angurline Schimmel, she herself the late master butcher's Christian Schimmel who died here youngest backmost daughter from his second marriage. The marriage was performed in the church.

Fifth column: Ob sie schon verheirathet gewesen sind, imgleichen ob sie noch unter Eltern und Vormünder stehen - Waren beide noch niemals verheiratet. Beide sind vollig [völlig] majorenn: If they have already been married, or whether they are under parents and guardians - They never married yet. The two are of full age.

Right-hand page:

Heading over columns 6-9: Alter: age

Heading over columns 6-7: des Bräutigams: of the groom

Sixth column: Jahr: year 44

Seventh column: Monat: month 8

Heading over columns 8-9: der Braut: of the bride

Eighth column: Jahr: year 32

Ninth column: Monat: month 11

Heading over columns 10-11: Religion: religion

Tenth column: des Bräutigams - evangelisch: of the groom - Protestant

Eleventh column: der Braut - evangelisch: of the bride - Protestant

Twelfth column: Einwilligung der Eltern und Vormünder - Die beiderseitigen Eltern sind todt. Der Bräutigam überreichte den Aufgebotsschein aus Pyritz.: consent of parents and guardians - The reciprocal parents are dead. The groom presented the certificate of proclamation of banns from Pyritz.

Thirteenth column: Anmerkungen: notes
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:41 am      Post subject: Re: German translation

helena224 wrote:
Thank you for starting this thread, it makes things a little easier to be able to go to one website.

I received a copy of my mother's Interview for resettlement dated in 1948. Some of it is written in English and some in German. I have attached two pages that are written in German and would appreciate someone being able to transcribe this for me.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards
Helena

Hi Helena

Please find attachesd a transcription of the no. 20 to 28 of your mother's interview.

Regards

Michael

20. Remarks.
16.9.48 result of reinterview.
Miit meinem Mann war ich bis Juli 1943 beisammen,
als das deutsche Milit. [Militär] in Wanilowszcyska [please cross check the name of the village] einzog, setzte
es das Dorf in Brand, mein Mann wurde vom d. Milit. [deutschen Militär]
festgenommen, u. [und] ich mit Auto weggeführt. Derzeit
habe ich keine Nachricht u. [und] weiss auch nicht wo sich
mein Mann befindet. Er war kein Soldat, wurde
in Civil gefangen, u. [und] war zu Hause Landwirt.

23. Genowefa: Osterr.-Ung. [Österreich-Ungarn] seit 1918 polnische
Kinder: polnische

24. Von Deutschen zwangsweise evakuiert, weil
die Partisanen das ganze Dorf Wanilowszcyska
vernichteten. 8.43 [August 1943 ?]

25. In einem Transportzug unter der Wehrmachts-
wache

26. Nein. Weil meine Heimatstadt dem Russischen
Staat gehört u. zu d. [und zu den] Russen gehe ich nicht

27. Ja nach Süd-Amerika

28. nicht arbeitspflichtig
williamm85

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:35 pm      Post subject:

Kmichael8 wrote:
Sophia wrote:
This is for Williamm85

http://polishorigins.com/forum/files/piechotka_1862_marriage_kolmar_chodziez_346.jpg

William, reading the handwriting here is beyond me, though I can certainly translate the column headings for you.

Best,
Sophia

This is for William85 and Sophia

Sophia, you did a great job in translating the column headings. I took your translation and added the handwritten part.

Best regards,

Michael

Page heading: Jahr 1862: Year 1862

Left-hand page:

First column: Nro. : number 44

Second column: Jahr und Tag der Trauung - 1862, den fünfzehnten October: year and day of the marriage - October 15, 1862

Third column: Name des Geistlichen, welcher die Trauung verrichtet - Schultze: name of the clergyman who performed the wedding - Schultze

Fourth column: Vor-, Zu- und Geschlechts-Name der Getrauten, Aufenthalts, Stand und Gewerbe, auch ob die Trauung in der Kirche oder zu Hause vollzogen worden - Der Gerbermeister Friedrich Piechotka von hier des verstorbenen Grundbesitzers Adam Piechotka 2t hinters. [hinterster] Sohn mit Jgfr. [Jungfrau] Louise Angurline Schimmel sie selbst, des hier verstorbenen Fleischermeisters Christian Schimmel jüngsten hinters. [hintersten] Tochter 2ter Ehe. Sind in der Kirche getraut worden.: first names and family names of those being married, residence, status and trade, also whether the marriage was performed in the church or at home - The master tanner Friedrich Pietchotka from here the late landowner's Adam Pietchotka second backmost son with virgin Louise Angurline Schimmel, she herself the late master butcher's Christian Schimmel who died here youngest backmost daughter from his second marriage. The marriage was performed in the church.

Fifth column: Ob sie schon verheirathet gewesen sind, imgleichen ob sie noch unter Eltern und Vormünder stehen - Waren beide noch niemals verheiratet. Beide sind vollig [völlig] majorenn: If they have already been married, or whether they are under parents and guardians - They never married yet. The two are of full age.

Right-hand page:

Heading over columns 6-9: Alter: age

Heading over columns 6-7: des Bräutigams: of the groom

Sixth column: Jahr: year 44

Seventh column: Monat: month 8

Heading over columns 8-9: der Braut: of the bride

Eighth column: Jahr: year 32

Ninth column: Monat: month 11

Heading over columns 10-11: Religion: religion

Tenth column: des Bräutigams - evangelisch: of the groom - Protestant

Eleventh column: der Braut - evangelisch: of the bride - Protestant

Twelfth column: Einwilligung der Eltern und Vormünder - Die beiderseitigen Eltern sind todt. Der Bräutigam überreichte den Aufgebotsschein aus Pyritz.: consent of parents and guardians - The reciprocal parents are dead. The groom presented the certificate of proclamation of banns from Pyritz.

Thirteenth column: Anmerkungen: notes

Michael, thank you so much!! Your translation is very helpful and very much appreciated! I was beginning to wonder if I would ever decipher this record.

Many thanks,
William
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:16 pm      Post subject: Re: Church Record Translation Help Needed

klbhokie wrote:
Hello!

I am trying to translate a section of the following 2 church records: 1) A section of a death record for Rosalia Lewandowski, Anton's daughter. 2) Death record for Anton Lewandowski. I split this record into two sections so it would be easy to read.

Thank you so much!
Karen

This is for Karen

Please find attached the sections for Rosalia and Anton Lewandowski.

Regards

Michael

Rosalia Lewandowska death record
1st column: unbekannt - unknown
2nd column: ohne - without
3rd column: Lomnitz [seems to be the name of the clergyman]
4th column: Anton Lewandowski, Arbeitsmann, Vater der Verstorbenen, brachte die Todesnachricht – Anton Lewandowski, working man, father of the deceased, brought the notice of her death

Anton Lewandowski death record section 1
1st column:
upper part: Krankheit oder sonstige Todesart - disease or any other kind of death
lower part: Cholera
2nd column
upper part: Ärztliche Hilfe – medical help
lower part: keine - none
3rd column
upper part: Name des Pfarrers der die Todesanzeige erhalten hat – name of the clergyman who received the death notice
lower part: Lomnitz
4th column
upper part: Grund der Überzeugung der Pfarrers von der Gewißheit des Todes – reason why the clergyman is convinced from the certainity of the death
lower part: Hedwig Lewandowska, Ehefrau des Verstorbenen, brachte die Todesnachricht – Hedwig Lewandowska, wife of the deceased, brought the notice of his death
5th column
upper part: Minderjährige (oder aus anderen Gründen zu bevormundende) Kinder oder sonstige Erben des Verstorbenen, soweit der Pfarrer davon Kenntnis hat – children under age (or for other reasons acted for as guardian) or other heirs to the deceased as far as the clergyman has knowledge about
lower part: Die Ehefrau Hedwig Lewandowska geb. [geborene] Jabtoniska und 3 Kinder derselben mit dem Verstorbenen: 1) Xrina [unsure about the first letters, might be Kabrina] 17 J [Jahre], 2) Catharina 14 J, 3. Paul 8 Jahre alt – The wife Hedwig Lewandowska born Jabtoniska and three children she had with the deceased: 1) N.N. 17 years, 2) Catharina 14 years, 3. Paul 8 years old

Anton Lewandowski death record section 2
1st column:
upper part: Beerdigungs-Platz – burial place
lower part: Cholera Kirchhof bei Briesen – Cholera churchyard near Briesen
2nd column
upper part: Name und Stand des Verstorbenen – name and status of the deceased
lower part: Anton Lewandowski, Einlieger – Anton Lewandowski, a farmhand who has no house of his own but rents
3rd column
upper part: Wohnort des Verstorbenen – living place of the deceased
lower part: Briesen
4th column
upper part: Tag und Stunde des Todes – day and hour of death
lower part: 11 elfter September 11 Uhr Vormittags – September 11th, 11:00 a.m.

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:44 pm      Post subject:

roycymru wrote:
Hello

Is anyone please able to translate this "Old" German baptism/birth entry for Barbara Lysyk for me?

Kind Regards

This is for roycymru

Best regards

Michael

Left column: Von Hanussek den 28ten November – Barbara
Right column: Ist des fr [unsure, might mean “frei“ i.e. no bondman] Gärtner Martin Lysik von seinem Eheweib Catharina gebor: [geborene] Greutze gestern um 10 2 Uhr vor Mittag geboren Tochter Barbara getauft worden. T.Z. [Taufzeugen] Anton Halemba, Handschmied aus Hanussek, Simon Przybyta, Bauer aus Solarnia und Caroline Vletz, huttensche [unsure] aus Piasetzna.

From Hanussek. On November the 28th Barbara, the yesterday at 10:30 a.m. born daughter of [free ?] gardener Martin Lysik and his wife Catharina, was baptized. Godparents: Anton Halemba, blacksmith from Hanussek, Simon Przybyta, farmer from Solarnia, Caroline Vletz [ xxx ?] from Piasetzna.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 am      Post subject: Re: translation

szczecinpolska wrote:
Can somebody translate this post card from German to Enlgish for me?

This is for szczecinpolska - a postcard from Karl to Erna

Best regards

Michael

The adress is Fräulein (Miss) Erna Pawelke, Stettin, Stoltingstr. 25

And here is the text:

Meine liebe Erna! Deine liebe Karte
habe ich erhalten und mir
dazu sehr gefreut. Den Brief, den
Du haben sollst werde ich am
Sonntag schreiben, denn ich hatte
diese Woche keine Zeit dazu
gehabt. Am Freitag eine Rgts.[Regiments]-Übung
(Grenz-Schutz-Übung) waren erst
um ½ 7 Uhr abends zurück und heute
um 2 Uhr wieder auf nach Plawinek
um 12 Uhr heim. Bis 2 Bettruhe total
kaputt. Viele Grüße Dein Karl.

My dear Erna. I received your dear card and I was very pleased. The letter you shall get I will write on Sunday because I did not find the time for it this week. Friday a regiment’s exercise (border guard exercise), only returned at 6.30 p.m. and today at 2 [not clear whether a.m. or p.m.] again on the way to Plawinek, returned at 12 [see note above] Bed rest till 2 [see note above] totally exhausted. Many greetings Your Karl.

On the left margin: Schreibe recht bald wieder. - Write again very soon.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:38 pm      Post subject: Re: marjanna kostrzewski

larrylancucki wrote:
hello everyone,

I have a document that I believe is german, I don't know if it is a death record or baptism or marriage,
can anyone please help me with a translation.

lawrence lancucki

Hello Lawrence,

Your document is a death record that was issued in Polish in 1933 and translated into German in 1941. Here is first the German and than the English text.

Best regards,

Michael

Beglaubigte Übersetzung aus dem in polnischer Sprache geführten
Sterberegister des Standesamtes Kulmsee Stadt

Nr. 193
Kulmsee, am 23. Dezember 1933
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute, der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt
der Arbeiter Stanislaw Kostrzewski,
wohnhaft in Kulmsee, Wiesenstraße 12,
und zeigte an, dass die Witwe Marjanna Kostrzewski,
geborene Brzezinski, Ehefrau des verstorbenen
Lohnarbeiters Franciszek Kostrzewski,
73 Jahre als, katholischer Religion
wohnhaft in Kulmsee, Wiesenstraße 12,
geboren zu Bartoszewic, Kreis Briesen, am vier-
ten Dezember tausendachthundertsechzig, Toch-
ter unbekannter Eltern
zu Kulmsee in der Wohnung des Anzeigenden,
am zweiundzwanzigsten Dezember
des Jahres tausendneunhundertdreiunddreißig
nachmittags um zwölf dreiviertel Uhr
verstorben sei.
Vorgelesen, genehmigt und unterschrieben
Kostrzewski Stanislaw
Der Standesbeamte
In Vertretung Chrapkoswki
Die Richtigkeit der Übersetzung und die Übereinstimmung mit den Eintragungen
im Sterberegister wird hiermit beglaubigt.
Kulmsee, den 8. Juli 1941
Der amtlich beauftragte Übersetzer
Fritz.

Certified translation from the death register of Kulmsee Stadt registry office conducted in Polish
No. 193 Kulmsee Stadt on December 23, 1933
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today the personality of the known, the laborer Stanislaw Kostrzewski, residing in Kulmsee, Wiesenstraße 12, and informed that the widow Marjanna Kostrzewski, born Brzezinski, wife of the deceased wage worker Franciszek Kostrzewski, 73 years old, Katholic religion, residing in Kulmsee, Wiesenstraße 12, born in Bartoszewic, Kreis Briesen, on December 4, 1860, daughter of unknown parents, in Kulmsee in the home of the informant on December 22, 1933, in the afternoon at 12:45 o’clock had died.
Read aloud, authorized and signed Kostrzewski Stanislaw
The Registrar as deputy Chrapkoswki
Certifies the correctness of the translation and the agreement with the death register.
Kulmsee, on July 8, 1941
The officially appointed translator Fritz.
MikeChrzanowski

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:56 pm      Post subject: Marriage record - Zajac & Cieslak

Can you please translate the attached marriage record for my great grandparents? If possible could you please include a typed version of all the German text, including the text on the form? thank you very much.

Marriage Record - Zajac Andreas & Cieslak Marianna.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.81 MB
 Viewed:  11545 Time(s)

Marriage Record - Zajac Andreas & Cieslak Marianna.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage record - Zajac & Cieslak

MikeChrzanowski wrote:
Can you please translate the attached marriage record for my great grandparents? If possible could you please include a typed version of all the German text, including the text on the form? thank you very much.

Mike,

Please find attached the marriage record of your grandparents.

Regards

Michael

The German version, page 1

B Nr. 16
Slachcin, am dreißigsten
September tausend acht hundert neunzig und neun
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute zum Zweck
der Eheschließung:
1. der Knecht Andreas / Andrzej / Zajac
der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt
katholischer Religion, geboren den zwanzigsten
November des Jahres tausend acht hundert
siebenzig und sechs zu Cerekwica Kreis
Jarotschin, wohnhaft zu Winnagora
Kreis Schroda
Sohn des verstorbenen Tagelöhners Franz Zajac
und dessen verstorbenen Ehefrau Franziska geborene
Nowak zuletzt wohnhaft
zu Winnagora Kreis Schroda
[Note on the right margin:] statt: zu „Winnagora Kreis
Schroda“ muß es heißen:
„Cerekwica Kreis Jarotschin.“
Der Standesbeamte.
(Unterschrift unleserlich). [End of comment.]
2. die Dienstmagd Marianna / Maryanna / Cieslak
der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt
katholischer Religion, geboren den vierten Dezember
des Jahres tausend acht hundert
siebenzig und acht zu Pozegowo, Kreis
Schrimm, wohnhaft zu Olaczewo,
Kreis Schroda
Tochter des Arbeiters Roman Cieslak und dessen
Ehefrau Agnes, geborene Joskowiak
wohnhaft
zu Olaczewo Kreis Schroda
Page 2
Als Zeugen waren zugezogen und erschienen:
3. der Arbeiter Stanislaus / Stanislaw / Knopkicwicz
der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt
vier und dreißig Jahre alt, wohnhaft zu Krzywagora
Kreis Wreschen
4. die Arbeiterin Magdalena / Magdalena /
Olejniezak
der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt,
vier und dreißig Jahre alt, wohnhaft zu Slachcin
Kreis Schroda
In Gegenwart der Zeugen richtete der Standesbeamte an die
Verlobten einzeln und nach einander die Frage:
ob sie erklären, daß sie die Ehe mit einander eingehen wollen.
Die Verlobten beantworteten diese Frage bejahend und erfolgte
hierauf der Ausspruch des Standesbeamten. daß er sie nunmehr
kraft des Gesetzes für rechtmäßig verbundene Eheleute erkläre.
Vorgelesen, genehmigt und unterschrieben
Andrzej Zajac
Maryjanna Zajac geborene Cieslak
Stanislaw Knopkicwicz
Magdlena Olejniczak
Der Standesbeamte
(Unterschrift unleserlich)

The English version, page 1
B No. 16
Slachcin, on September 30, 1899
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:
1. the farmhand Andreas / Andrzej / Zajac, known by personality, of Katholic religion, born on November 20, 1876 in Cerekwica Kreis Jarotschin, residing in Winnagora Kreis Schroda, son of the deceased wage worker Franz Zajac and his deceased wife Franziska born Nowak who had been residing in Winnagora Kreis Schroda
[Note on the right margin:] instead of „Winnagora Kreis Schroda“ the correct reference is: „Cerekwica Kreis Jarotschin.“ The Registrar. [signature illegible]. [End of note]
2. the servant maid Marianna / Maryanna / Cieslak, known by personality, of Katholic religion, born on December 4, 1878 in Pozegowo, Kreis Schrimm, residing in Olaczewo Kreis Schroda, daughter of the laborer Roman Cieslak and his wife Agnes, born Joskowiak, residing in Olaczewo Kreis Schroda
Page 2
The following were present and appeared as witnesses:
3. the laborer Stanislaus / Stanislaw / Knopkicwicz, known by personality, 34 years old, residing in Krzywagora Kreis Wreschen
4. the laborer Magdalena / Magdalena / Olejniezak, known by personality, 34 years old, residing in Slachcin Kreis Schroda
The registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.
Read aloud, authorized and signed
Andrzej Zajac
Maryjanna Zajac born Cieslak
Stanislaw Knopkicwicz
Magdlena Olejniczak
The Registrar
[signature illegible]
MikeChrzanowski

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:50 pm      Post subject: Birth Record - Agnes Zajac

Hi Michael, Can you please translate the attached birth record for my grandmother, Agnes Zajac? If possible could you please include a typed version of all the German text, including the text on the form? thank you very much.

1900.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.13 MB
 Viewed:  11545 Time(s)

1900.jpg

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:10 pm      Post subject: Radziminski Death records

Hello Michael,

First of all, thank you so much for offering your expertise in translating German. Can you also translate German script from old records?

If so, I would greatly appreciate a translation of this death record. There are 2 entries marked by arrows. One for Adam Radziminski and one for Johann Radziminski. Also, there are two pages (left and right).

Best regards,
Cynthia

1834 Johann Death R.JPG
 Description:
Johann and Adam death right side
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Viewed:  11546 Time(s)

1834 Johann Death R.JPG

1834 Johann Death L.JPG
 Description:
Johann and Adam Death left side
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Viewed:  11546 Time(s)

1834 Johann Death L.JPG

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:00 pm      Post subject: Re: Birth Record - Agnes Zajac

MikeChrzanowski wrote:
Hi Michael, Can you please translate the attached birth record for my grandmother, Agnes Zajac? If possible could you please include a typed version of all the German text, including the text on the form? thank you very much.

Mike

Please find attached the birth record for your grandmother. And please note my comment regarding her maiden name in the English version.

Best regards

Michael

The German version (the line break is according to the original):

A Nr. 143
Slachcin, am 27. Dezember 1900.
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute, der Persönlichkeit
nach
bekannt
der Hofarbeiter Andreas Zajac
wohnhaft in Olaczewo Kreis Schroda
katholischer Religion, und zeigte an, daß von der
Marianne Zajac, geborene Juskowiak,
seiner Ehefrau
katholischer Religion,
wohnhaft bei ihm
zu Olaczewo in seiner Wohnung
am drei und zwanzigsten Dezember des Jahres
tausend neunhundert Mittags
um zwölf Uhr ein Mädchen
geboren worden sei und daß das Kind den Vornamen
Agnes / Agnieszka /
erhalten habe.
Dem Anzeigenden
in polnischer Sprache durch den Standesbeamten
vorgelesen, genehmigt und wegen Schreibensunkunde
mit seinem Handzeichen versehen XXX
Der Standesbeamte
(Unterschrift unleserlich)

And here the English version:

A No. 143 Slachcin on December 27, 1900.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today the personality of the known, the farmhand Andreas Zajac, residing in Olaczewo Kreis Schroda, Katholic religion, and gave notice that from Marianne Zajac, born Juskowiak, [In their marriage record the name is written Joskowiak and it is the maiden name of Marianne’s mother Agnes] his wife, Katholic religion, residing in the home of the informant in Olaczewo on December 23 of the year thousand nine hundred at twelve noon a girl was born and that the child received the first name Agnes / Agnieszka /.
Read aloud to the informant in Polish by the registrar, authorized and due to that the informant cannot write provided with his mark XXX
The Registrar
[signature illegible]

Last edited by Kmichael8 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 5 of 95

Jump to: