PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:46 pm      Post subject: My mother and flower girl

This is a photo of my mother Zofia Filipiak, maiden name Niemiec, taken on her wedding day with, I presume, her flower girl. Not sure of that. Not sure of the exact date but it was sometime between 1945 and 1947. Place was a Polish labor camp in Heudorf am Bussen Germany.

old photos 1-065.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  163.38 KB
 Viewed:  3564 Time(s)

old photos 1-065.jpg

Send e-mail
emma2525

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:20 pm      Post subject: Re: Brides and Grooms - Old Photos of Poland Weddings

Shellie wrote:
Are you lucky enough to have wedding photo of your ancestor from Old Poland? Please share it with us!

I remember the winter wedding dresses that I saw in this website bridal oz. Wearing traditional wedding attire for an old-fashioned wedding theme sounds like a fantastic idea.

We love details, so please:
Include where the photo was taken (we love to know village names)
Tell us who those people are (we love to know your great-grandma's name)
What was the date (we love to know the date when we are looking at the beautiful old wedding attire)

Thank You for sharing with us!

That's a wonderful idea! Sharing wedding photos from Old Poland can be a great way to connect with our ancestors' history. I'm excited to see the beautiful memories captured in those pictures.

I have a photo of my great-grandparents' wedding from a small village called Nowe Wioski. The photo showcases the couple, Anna and Janusz, standing in front of a charming wooden church. They got married on June 12, 1925, and their traditional attire truly reflects the customs of that era.

I encourage others to share their own wedding photos and stories. It's fascinating to explore the diverse heritage and traditions that our ancestors cherished.

Thank you for initiating this thread! Looking forward to seeing more captivating glimpses into the past.
Henry Soszynski

Replies: 92

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:19 am      Post subject: Marriage 1937

Greetings all,
This is a, presumably colourized, photo of my great-aunt on her wedding day on 12th September 1937 in Solec nad Wisłą. The groom was an 'asphalter' aged 23 years and the bride was a seamstress aged 19 years. Unfortunately this is the oldest photo in the family photo album, that has survived here, though hopefully relatives may have more. It's possible that the couple may have moved to his place of birth in Ukraine of all places.
Keep them photos coming.
Cheers,
Henry

Marriage 1937 Pawel Skalski and Marianna Lasota.jpg
 Description:
Marriage 1937
 Filesize:  79.93 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Marriage 1937 Pawel Skalski and Marianna Lasota.jpg

brianbertrand

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:00 am      Post subject: My Sharing

This is the wedding of my friend's Grandmother's mother.

wedding photo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  605.4 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

wedding photo.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: