PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:09 pm      Post subject: "Trip of a lifetime" new blog by Sandra

"For many years I have been trying to find my Polish relatives. I knew they existed in the 1960’s because I remember sending clothing to “cousins”, however, I was young and did not know the value of family. In the meantime, life got in the way and my search was hit and miss. When I retired and my search became an addiction. The one bit of information I had was 3 letters to my babcia, from my swietny dziadek in the 1920’s. He told of very sad stories about their life at the time and one story really touched our hearts; it was about his grandson, Josef. The letter told about how sick the child was and he wasn’t expected to live, mostly because they could not afford the medicine to make him well. We always wondered what had happened to this little boy.

At some point I talked my husband (of Irish descent) into going to Poland and had no idea what our adventure would bring. Why would anyone go to Poland?"

Today we published on our blog news story by Sandra, who traveled with us in Summer of 2016. Read how this adventure evolved: http://blog.polishorigins.com/2017/03/17/trip-of-a-lifetime-part-1/ (part 2 of the blog will be published on Monday)

sandra 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.49 KB
 Viewed:  4069 Time(s)

sandra 1.jpg

Visit poster's website
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:01 am      Post subject:

Here it is: the second part of Sandra's story is published on our blog!

"Zenon gets out of the car and just walks right up to who we assumed is a neighbor and starts asking him questions about the possible location of my family….try that one in the U.S.! He gets back in the car and says, “your cousin lives across the street” WHAT?!?"

Read the whole story here: http://blog.polishorigins.com/2017/03/20/trip-of-a-lifetime-part-2/

Sandra 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.9 KB
 Viewed:  4069 Time(s)

Sandra 2.jpg

Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: