PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:36 pm      Post subject: Searching for family - Konieczna and Baszak surnames

I am searching for Polish relatives with the surnames Konieczka and Baszak. My grandfather was Antoni Konieczka son of Adalbert Konieczka and Dorota Gutak from Humniska. He left there sometime between 1913-1915. My grandmother was Antonina Baszak, daughter of Casimir Baszak and Victoria Zajak from Konieczkowa. She had 2 sisters, one came to the US before her and the 2nd was still in Konieczkowa. If there are any relatives in Poland or the US please contact me, both my family and I would love to know more about both sides of the family.
rsj0424754

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:39 pm      Post subject: Some Relationship to Baszak

Dear Tony K.
Reading your note on this Forum. I just joined it. My grandmother may be one of the sisters of Antonina Baszak. My grandmother came from Konieczkowa around 1909. Her last name was either Baszak or Blaszak. I think Antonina first came to Elizabeth(port) New Jersey in 1914. I think she was born around 1892. My grandmother I am almost sure lived there before getting married and moving to Throop PA. The only thing that shows up different is the parents. Unless it is a Baszak of a different family. On the Antonina's Passenger list of 1912 she list her father's name as Karisnierr unless that is how Casmir is spelled in Polish,

Do you have a family tree on any website? Have you taken any DNA test?

thanks Richard J

tkjr24

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:35 pm      Post subject: Baszak family

Richard J, I cannot believe I missed this post by you! My grandmother was born in 1892, came to the states by herself, lived in Elizabeth NJ until after she was married in 1916. She could not read or write (at least in English) so I am guessing that someone misspelled her fathers name, especially since I have the marriage certificate which I got from St. Adalbert's Parish in Elizabeth.
I would really like to talk to you so if you have time sometime message me back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: