PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:09 am      Post subject:

tedrussell wrote:
That's what I figured. Thank you for looking. I do have the names of Nellie's parents from another source, but they do not correspond to the names of the parents for any of the many births I found in the Records.

Nellie's parents' names shoud be in Polish, but in those Kamien, Lowisko and Letownia records are in Latin. Did you look for their equivalent names?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
tedrussell

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:08 am      Post subject:

The parents are stated as Sebastian and Zophia. Of course, Zophia is Sophia. Would Sebastian have a different Latin equivalent?
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:33 am      Post subject:

I think is the same. Could he have two names? I vaguely remember to have seen parents Jozef and Zofia.
Send e-mail
tedrussell

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:06 am      Post subject:

I found two couples with Sophia as the mother. One father is named Petrus (Petr in Polish?) and the other is Alexander. Neither one sounds at all like Sebastian. I searched up to the end of 1894.
tedrussell

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:05 am      Post subject:

Magroski49 wrote:
tedrussell wrote:
Gilberto, I think you've solved it! Thanks again to you and sirdan.

Ted

Ted,

Wolka Letowska 1890 birth records in parish Letownia:
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/59/1236/0/-/1?q=letownia+XSKANro:t&wynik=1&rpp=15&page=1#tabSkany

Lowisko 1889 on birth records in parish Lowisko:
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/59/1481/0/-/1?q=lowisko+XSKANro:t&wynik=2&rpp=15&page=1#tabSkany

Kamien:
http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/59/1480/0/-/1?q=kamien+XSKANro:t+XARCHro:59&wynik=2&rpp=15&page=1#tabSkany
Kamien, now I see, is written in the manifest, on the right side of the word "Laskowska"

all in Latin, columnar format.

Nellie declared she had never been before to the USA, which makes sense since she was just seventeen. However, Nellie is not a Polish name. Maybe you will have to look for her as Aniela? PetroNELLA?

Gilberto

Gilberto, I have another friend who has ancestors from three towns to the west of these, namely Nowy Nart, Cholewiana Gora, and Pogorzalka. Attached is a map. I tried to find records for these towns on the szukajwarchiwach.pl site, but I can't figure out how to do a search by locality. Can you help?

Back to the search for Nellie Kida - I found another record that confirms her name was Aniela, as you suspected!

Thank you,

Ted

Nowy Nary and vicinity.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Nowy Nary and vicinity.pdf
 Filesize:  93 KB
 Downloaded:  577 Time(s)

Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 am      Post subject:

Ted,

Cholewiana Gora and Pogorzalka are in Jezewo:
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/59/1480/0/?q=jezowe&wynik=2&rpp=15&page=1#tabJednostki

To search a locality you just type the name of the place here:
http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/
then mark "only with scans"
Tip: sometimes, as in this case, no results will appear. Either the place has no records scanned so far, or the parish was not in the village. By the way, I could not find the parish for Nowy Nart.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Kida1

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 pm      Post subject: Family name is Kida here is the info I have

The following is for my Grand Father John P. Kida.
Borned and lived in Gurno, Kolbuszowa, Poland
He married Zofia N. Wos
Entered the USA just prior to WWI I was told.
They were together Naturalized on Sept 21, 1927.

Keep in mind the Immigration service in those days had quotas.
The family story I was told, was my Grand Father moved to Austria and for a period worked there to
present the idea him and his wife were coming from there.

So Widen your search to Austrian towns also.
Because it is how his Ellis Island Log entry showed him.

BTW: the oldest record I could find of the KIDA name is not Polish, but Japanese.
tedrussell

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:45 am      Post subject: Re: Family name is Kida here is the info I have

I found Kolbuszowa Górna, about 20 mi (32 km) WSW of the towns (Kamień, Wólka Łętowska, and Łętownia) where the Kidas I've been researching come from.

I believe Górna means 'upper'. So this location is 'Upper Kolbuszowa'. If you look on the map, this makes sense, as it is upstream from the town of Kolbuszowa.

You can find it here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kolbuszowa+G%C3%B3rna,+Poland/@50.3479081,21.8870708,10.47z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x473d1940d364f1ff:0xebb9db95ba144beb!8m2!3d50.2231035!4d21.7985058?hl=en
Falloutshrty6

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:34 am      Post subject: Kida

Omg thats my family! Are you part of the kida family, nellie kida was my great grandmother, her son edwin kida my grandfather had a daughter elizabeth kida(pelley,now) i might be able to find something, relating to this, i have wondered myself, the origins of my mothers maiden name,.. its so neat that i look up the name and on a form the question on my great grandma,right there.
samiam1955

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:20 pm      Post subject: Re: Kida

Falloutshrty6 wrote:
Omg thats my family! Are you part of the kida family, nellie kida was my great grandmother, her son edwin kida my grandfather had a daughter elizabeth kida(pelley,now) i might be able to find something, relating to this, i have wondered myself, the origins of my mothers maiden name,.. its so neat that i look up the name and on a form the question on my great grandma,right there.

We must be talking about two different Nellie Kidas. The one I know is Anelia (Nellie) Kida, b. abt. 1888. She immigrated to Lewiston, Maine, and had two husbands. The first was Marcin Cholewa, with whom she had five children from 1909 to 1914. The second was Thomas Korytko, with whom she had four children from 1915 to 1928. One of her grandchildren by Thomas is a good friend of mine.

What more can you tell me about your Kida ancestors?
samiam1955

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm      Post subject: Correction

Correction - one of her GREAT grandchildren ...
Falloutshrty6

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 am      Post subject: Kida

Yea, you might be right, the Nellie Kida I'm refering to lived in Mass. I just was just thinking, Kida is not a very common name, at least in US, and another Nellie Kida comes to America around the same time as my great grandmother comes, and they both have same names, and both from poland, as far as I know, but the world is a big place, always that chance that someone has same name,etc.. Well thank you, who knows maybe our families are related but not as close relation as what I thought. Have a nice veterans day. And if you served, thank for your serve and to all our family that has served, thank you and bless you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: