PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:19 pm      Post subject: Poznan Project Records...where next?

Greetings all:
I believe I may have stumbled across my first reference to a family document in Poland (I am in the U.S.) I am such a neophyte I'm afraid I am at a loss on where/how to go next.

I found reference in the Poznan Project Marriage index to Stanislaus Koscinski, shown below. His parents names seem close to what little I know about my g.great grandparents, Jan Koscinski and Mary A Krumka, who's son Antoni was born 1853. I am thinking, perhaps, that Stanislaus is an older brother to my g.grandfather Antoni Koscinski?

Civil registry Krotoszyn [Krotoschin]
entry 55 / 1878
Stanislaus Kościnski (born 1846) 100%
father: Johann Kościnski , mother: Marie Kromka
Bronislava Opielinska (born 1858)
father: Zyprian Opielinski , mother: Viktoria Urbanowicz

I am hoping that this information might help lead me to locating any records related to Koscinski (Stanislaus, Johann, Marie Krumpka, or Antoni/Antonius)

My problem is I don't have a clue at this point on what a logical next step would be. Any advice GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you... Joe

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Poznan Project Records...where next?

JGwizdowski wrote:
Greetings all:
I believe I may have stumbled across my first reference to a family document in Poland (I am in the U.S.) I am such a neophyte I'm afraid I am at a loss on where/how to go next.

I found reference in the Poznan Project Marriage index to Stanislaus Koscinski, shown below. His parents names seem close to what little I know about my g.great grandparents, Jan Koscinski and Mary A Krumka, who's son Antoni was born 1853. I am thinking, perhaps, that Stanislaus is an older brother to my g.grandfather Antoni Koscinski?

Civil registry Krotoszyn [Krotoschin]
entry 55 / 1878
Stanislaus Kościnski (born 1846) 100%
father: Johann Kościnski , mother: Marie Kromka
Bronislava Opielinska (born 1858)
father: Zyprian Opielinski , mother: Viktoria Urbanowicz

I am hoping that this information might help lead me to locating any records related to Koscinski (Stanislaus, Johann, Marie Krumpka, or Antoni/Antonius)

My problem is I don't have a clue at this point on what a logical next step would be. Any advice GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you... Joe

Joe,

Krotoszyn not online yet: http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/53/3362/0/str/1/15?ps=True#tabJednostki

Gilberto
Send e-mail
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:30 pm      Post subject:

Joe
Page 1 of the marriage certificate http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/11/709/0/3/14/skan/full/JIcsIPdNsd9g0jxUHJyBUg
Page 2 http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/11/709/0/3/14/skan/full/mn9Xf3L2E26N9xA876aCeA

For older records you will have to obtain them from relevant microfilms via your nearest Family History Centre:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&placeId=69268&query=%2Bplace%3A%22Poland%2C%20Pozna%C5%84%2C%20Krotoszyn%20(Krotoszyn)%22&subjectsOpen=415813-50,436817-50

Tom
Magroski49

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:47 pm      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
Joe
Page 1 of the marriage certificate http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/11/709/0/3/14/skan/full/JIcsIPdNsd9g0jxUHJyBUg
Page 2 http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/11/709/0/3/14/skan/full/mn9Xf3L2E26N9xA876aCeA

For older records you will have to obtain them from relevant microfilms via your nearest Family History Centre:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&placeId=69268&query=%2Bplace%3A%22Poland%2C%20Pozna%C5%84%2C%20Krotoszyn%20(Krotoszyn)%22&subjectsOpen=415813-50,436817-50

Tom

Tom,
I am curios to know how did you find it. In my screen (image attached) last year is 1874.

Gilberto

Sem título.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  182.08 KB
 Viewed:  5758 Time(s)

Sem título.jpg

Send e-mail
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:18 pm      Post subject:

Tom:
This is amazing! I cannot thank you enough for finding this.

Of course, not only do I not read Polish, now I have German/Prussian to worry about. I do have one question on the first link (scan112.jpg)...

There are three handwritten entries that (as far as I can make out) is spelled "Bobrowa" Am I correct in how I read that and, is this referring to the location from whence, or where, the groom lives?

This is incredibly significant if it is Bobrowa as this is the name of the town my family lore has always claimed as the town they lived in, and I've never been able to locate it on a map.

Thank you again, so very much for your amazing help!
Joe
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:24 pm      Post subject:

Gilberto,
Search “Krotoszyn” with “Scans Only”.
You will get 347 records.
Select “100 results per page”.
Go to Page 3.
Scroll down to “Księga małżeństw” = “Register of marriages” for 1878

Joe,
I suggest that you post a request to the “German records translation” thread on this forum, to get the marriage certificate accurately translated.
Having said that, my very basic understanding of German would suggest that the groom was born in Bobrowo (approx. 220 kms north east of Krotoszyn). Bobrowo kreis Strasburg = Bobrowo powiat Brodnica in current day Poland. Bobrowo (53.2884° N, 19.2294° E) is about 10kms north west of Brodnica (53.2600° N, 19.3957° E). Date of birth I think is 14th April 1846. Parents were Johann (=Jan) Kościnski and Marianna Kromka.
The bride was born in Krotoszyn in August 1856. Parents were Cyprian Opielinski and Victoria (=Wiktoria) Urbanowicz.
That hopefully helps you order the appropriate microfilms and narrows down the search within those microfilms.

Microfilms for Bobrowo - https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&placeId=65174&query=%2Bplace%3A%22Poland%2C%20Bydgoszcz%2C%20Bobrowo%20(Brodnica)%22&subjectsOpen=582537-50

Regards
Magroski49

Post Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:52 am      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
Gilberto,
Search “Krotoszyn” with “Scans Only”.
You will get 347 records.
Select “100 results per page”.
Go to Page 3.
Scroll down to “Księga małżeństw” = “Register of marriages” for 1878

Regards

Thank you.

I have always done it in a different way: after place's name I selected "Scans only" and "Collections" (because, to the best of my knowledge, all scanned records are part of a collection). In this case I only looked the records in Rzymskokatolickiej parafia and totally forgot the Urzad Stanu Ciwylnego records.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: