PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:11 am      Post subject: Re: Czerwinska Birth Record 1858

JGwizdowski wrote:
While struggling to get a better understanding of interpreting these old records, I am additionally perplexed by the length of this one, which I believe to be my g.grandmother.

I'm not sure if the second paragraph on the second page even relates to her record. As the birth date is December 30, perhaps the second paragraph refers to closing comments for the year by the priest? The index register follows immediately on the page.

I hope one of the great contributors can help me in the general translation and understanding of the record as I struggle to become more knowledgeable with these records.

Thank you VERY much!
Joe

Hi Joe,

You are correct that the final entry/paragraph is the priest’s official statement closing out the year and thus has no important connection to your g. grandmother’s record. Her record is pretty much of normal length---just a bit longer than some because it includes the names of her baptismal sponsors aka godparents.

Here is the important stuff:
Date of Act/baptism: Dec. 31, 1858
Place of Act/baptism: Rybitwy
Parents: Antoni Czerwinski, age 24, a peasant, a weaver; Jozefa Zysk, age 28
Child: Agnieszka
Date of birth: Dec. 30, 1858 at 12 Midnight
Place of birth: Rybitwy
Baptismal Sponsors/godparents: Tomasz Kotowski & Agnieszka Stepniowska
Witnesses: Wojciech Dudek, age 30, & Marcin Skrzypczyk, age 54, both peasant farmers from Rybitwy

Wishing you continued success in understanding the records,

Dave
vbstar2010
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 291

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 pm      Post subject: Re: translation from Polish

janetw wrote:
Hello could you please help me translate this married record , it is betwen Piotr Kozik and Stanislawa Kozdrój 1921 and act number 319.
Thank you so much./ Janetw
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=8&zs=9264d&sy=345&kt=1&skan=319.jpg#zoom=1&x=314&y=1021

==

http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=33775#33775

Hi Janet,

This handwriting very difficult for me so hopefully another volunteer will be able to fill in some pieces.

Date of record: Warsaw (Roman Catholic parish of All Saints), 15 May 1921, 6:00 p.m.
Witnesses: Jan Przepierzyński, blacksmith, and Pitor Rajewski, cabinet-maker, adults, residing in Warsaw
Groom: Piotr Kozik, bachelor, government ________, age 32, born in Dobrów in the county of Stopnica, son of the deceased Kazimierz and still living Anna nee Czapla, the spouses Kozik, residing in Go_______ in the same parish, in county Miechowska
Bride: Miss Stanisław Kozdrój, age 33, born in Ryk___ in the county of Garwolińska, daughter of the late Błażej and Katarzyna nee Galec? the spouses Kozdrój, residing in Warsaw at 1557 Wronia Street in the same parish

Not able to decipher anything further.

Regards,
Valerie
crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 133

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:00 pm      Post subject: Pawyza Wiktoria

Hello, I have found what I think is a birth record for Wiktoria Pawyza. Would greatly appreciate a translation. Please translate also. Thank you very much.
Christine

Pawyza Wiktoria.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1015.24 KB
 Viewed:  8201 Time(s)

Pawyza Wiktoria.jpg

vbstar2010

Replies: 291

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Pawyza Wiktoria

crispm28 wrote:
Hello, I have found what I think is a birth record for Wiktoria Pawyza. Would greatly appreciate a translation. Please translate also. Thank you very much.
Christine

==

http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=33814#33814

Hi Christine,

The first part of your record must appear on the previous page as the date of the record is missing. Here is a summary:

Date of record: ?
Father: Bartłomiej Pawęza, peasant farmer, age 50, residing in the village of Łubnice of gmina (municipality) Dzietrzkowice
Child: a female child named Wiktoria Ewa born in his house at #56 on the 21st day of the month of December this year at 10:00 p.m.
Mother: Zofia nee Chobot/Chobotow?, age 32
Witnesses: Antoni Panka, peasant farmer, age 60, also Ignacy Boszczyk, peasant farmer, age 40, both residing in the village of Łubnice

Regards,
Valere
szynkiewicz

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:57 pm      Post subject: Death Record

This record is from Rozalia Kirsztaj (Kirstein) from St Stanislaus Kostka church in Chicago, IL. 1893. I can not read the writing they have written. I am looking for someone to translate it for me or tell me what it says. The full link is: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6XSQ-F6K?mode=g&i=750&cc=1452409&cat=411138

Third from the bottom.

I am looking for parents names and death date. Thanks in advance!

RozaliaDeath.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  200.55 KB
 Viewed:  7829 Time(s)

RozaliaDeath.PNG

Magroski49

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:33 pm      Post subject: Re: Death Record

szynkiewicz wrote:
This record is from Rozalia Kirsztaj (Kirstein) from St Stanislaus Kostka church in Chicago, IL. 1893. I can not read the writing they have written. I am looking for someone to translate it for me or tell me what it says. The full link is: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6XSQ-F6K?mode=g&i=750&cc=1452409&cat=411138

Third from the bottom.

Hi,it reads:
Record nr. 307
date of death: May 20, 1893
date of burial: May 23, 1893
Place of birth: Grodziundzi zach. prusy My opinion: Grudziądz (sounds Grudziondz) zach prusy = zachodnie prusy = West Prussia see map here:https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prusy_Zachodnie#/media/File:Prusy_Zachodnie.svg
parents: Jan Grabowski and Joanna (in polish córka Jana Grabowskieg i Joanny)
declarant: Franciszek Kirsztaj, her son.

maybe this couple is her parents because the place Kielbasin is just 10 miles south of Grudziad: http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=02kp&rid=S&search_lastname=grabowski&search_name=jan&search_lastname2=sosnowska&search_name2=joanna&from_date=1867&to_date=1867

Gilberto
Send e-mail
szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:35 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Magroski49!

What is that after Grabowski. It looks like Blekhak or something. Is that the maiden name of Joanna?
szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:40 pm      Post subject:

Also that could be, but that couple married in 1867. Rosalie was born circa 1830.
Magroski49

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:47 pm      Post subject:

szynkiewicz wrote:
Thanks Magroski49!

What is that after Grabowski. It looks like Blekhak or something. Is that the maiden name of Joanna?

Unfortunately, the headers are crazy. For instance, under the column Disease, they have written her parents' names. And under column Priest, it seems to be the name of a street and the number of the house.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:27 am      Post subject: Re: Pawyza Wiktoria

crispm28 wrote:
Christine

20. Before me, the Parish Priest of Dzietrzkowice, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar of Dzietrzkowice Commune in Ostrzeszow County in Kalisz Department, personally appeared Bartlomiej Paweza, a farmer, fifty years of age, residing in the Village of Lubnice belonging to Dzietrzkowice Commune, and presented to us a baby of the female sex, born on the twenty-first day of the month of December, of the current year, at the hour of ten before noon, in his house at number fifty-six, declaring that she was begotten from him and Zofia nee Chobota, his wife, thirty-two years of age, and that he wished to give her the names Wiktorya and Ewa. Both the above statement and the presentation of the baby took place in the presence of Antoni Panek, a farmer, sixty years of age, and Ignacy Boszczyk, a farmer, forty years of age, both residing in the Village of Lubnice. The father and the witnesses did not know how to write. After that, the present birth certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself.

Priest Hippolit Chrzanowski (signed), Parish Priest of Dzietrzkowice, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar

NOTES: No date was provided as to when exactly the above record was drawn up.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:15 am      Post subject: Re: Death Record

szynkiewicz wrote:

Third from the bottom.

Szynkiewicz and Gilberto,
I want to add to your conversation. I believe that "Blekhak" is an attempt at writing a street name - - you see in that column other street addresses, such as Cleawer (should be Cleaver) and Carpenter (correct) and Blench (could be Beach). Blekhak is most likely Blackhawk, based on looking at the Chicago street map near this church. The 49 should be the family's house number.
Best of luck in your search,
Sophia
lynwes

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:35 pm      Post subject:

I believe this is the birth record for Jakob Ferszt in 1854. I would like this verified and to know any pertinent family information or locations associated with his birth.

Jakob Chemia Ferszt birth record 7 in 1854 cropped.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  280.8 KB

Jakob Chemia Ferszt birth record 7 in 1854 cropped.jpg

Send e-mail
szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Sophia for that note! It looks like that could be, good catch!
szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 pm      Post subject: Stanislaus Pupel Death Record

St Stanislaus Kostka church, death record for Stanislaus Pupel. I cant read the names in the column, looks like Maryana and Maryanny? Probably means father as Marian and mother as Marianna. Just wondering if someone can tell me what it says to make sure. Thanks! He is the 2nd in the row under the 70 on the far left side. Named listed as Stanislaw Pupel. Couldnt upload full photo so I uploaded a bit of it. Here is a link to the full one if needed: http://prntscr.com/f94a3l

StanislausPupel.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.13 KB

StanislausPupel.PNG

Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:56 am      Post subject: Re: Stanislaus Pupel Death Record

szynkiewicz wrote:
St Stanislaus Kostka church, death record for Stanislaus Pupel. I cant read the names in the column, looks like Maryana and Maryanny? Probably means father as Marian and mother as Marianna. Just wondering if someone can tell me what it says to make sure. Thanks! He is the 2nd in the row under the 70 on the far left side. Named listed as Stanislaw Pupel. Couldnt upload full photo so I uploaded a bit of it. Here is a link to the full one if needed: http://prntscr.com/f94a3l

Yes, you are right. Names are presented in a declensioned form, so Mariana is Marian, and Mariany is Mariana.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 364 of 580

Jump to: