PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:14 pm      Post subject: Katherine Krawczyk family Borowa, Poland

I need help on finding my Grandmothers family in Borowa, Poland She was born March 25, 1880
Her father was Martinus Krawczyk. Her mother was Marty Stachowicz. I want to know if she had siblings, when her parents were married and who were her grandparents..[/i][/list][/url]
DanielNeumann

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 am      Post subject:

Any information on Katherine Krawczyk from Borowa, Poland arrived in U. S. 1906 and John Plewak from Loshniow, Poland arrived in U.S. in 1905- They wee my grandparents
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:01 pm      Post subject:

Hi Daniel,

I tried looking for your family, but the information you provided isn't enough or isn't clear. Some questions:

Have you found all of the documents for your grandparents in the U.S.? For example: passenger lists, naturalization records, marriage application and license, all of the census records, WWI draft registration cards, etc. These documents would give you more precise information to begin your search in Poland - especially marriage applications and naturalization petitions.

For example, I ran into several barriers when searching for your family. First, when I search for the village name you provided for your grandfather, I could not find it. Could it be spelled incorrectly? or could it be the wrong village? What source was used to find the village for your grandfather, Jan Plewak? Another issue: there are a number of villages called Borowa in Poland. You need more information to narrow down the exact village of your grandmother's birth.

Also, as I searched Ancestry.com for U.S. documents, I found more than one John (Jan) Plewak with a wife named Katherine (Katarzyna). I found them in New Jersey, Niagra Falls NY, Bronx NY, etc. Hard to tell which is your family without more identifying information.

If you can tell us what you know, i.e., where they lived in the U.S., names of their children, what sources you used for the village names, etc. that might be more helpful. And, if you haven't yet found their marriage application in the U.S. and/or their naturalization petition for citizenship, I suggest you do so. That would be extremely helpful in pinpointing their village in Poland.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
DanielNeumann

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:23 pm      Post subject: John Plewak and Katherine Krawczyk Plewak

Thank you for your response. I want to clarify the information that I provided in Polish origins. My qrand parents marriage license and John's declaration for U. S. citizenship both state that John Plewak was born in (Losynow) Loshniow, Austria in the County of Trembella. The license also states that Katherine Krawczyk was born in Borowa, Austria. The region was known as Galacia and it was under Austrian rule. The native tongue and culture was Polish. The two villages were west of Warsaw near Lodz.

John's parents were John Plewak and Mary Stachowicz Plewak. John had a brother Nathan and a sister Teresa. Katherine's parents were Martinus Krawczyk and Catherine Stachowicz Krawczyk. Katherine had a sister Antonina. Yes both of their mother's had maiden name of Stachowicz. They were not related.

John Joseph Plewak was born February 5, 1876
Katherine Krawczyk was born March 25, 1880.

I believe that John's grand parents were Gasparus and Christina Kupna Plewak, and Katherines grand parents were Aldabertus and Agatha Januzanski Krawczyk.
I have all of their immigration records and U S. census data. I need to have information on their siblings, parents and grand parents i.e. names, birth and death dates, marriage dates, work and accomplishments. Please help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: