PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:06 pm      Post subject: Searching for relatives of Nowacki from Ladek Poland

I have been trying for many years to find information on my grandparents and great grandparents on my father's side. My grandfather's name was Johann, or John, Nowacki, or Novatsky, Novatski, his wife, my grandmother's name was Antonia. Grandfather was born in Ladek Poland about 1873. His Wife Antonia Kujawinski was born about 1874, there are some variations on the last names as is often the case when one immigrates to the US, unfortunately. I want to know who their parents were, who their siblings were, and if anyone in the family line is still living in Poland. My great grandfather's name was also Johann, or John and he was born about 1846, do not know what town. Can anyone help?
Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:18 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for relatives of Nowacki from Ladek Poland

cnborder wrote:
I have been trying for many years to find information on my grandparents and great grandparents on my father's side. My grandfather's name was Johann, or John, Nowacki, or Novatsky, Novatski, his wife, my grandmother's name was Antonia. Grandfather was born in Ladek Poland about 1873. His Wife Antonia Kujawinski was born about 1874, there are some variations on the last names as is often the case when one immigrates to the US, unfortunately. I want to know who their parents were, who their siblings were, and if anyone in the family line is still living in Poland. My great grandfather's name was also Johann, or John and he was born about 1846, do not know what town. Can anyone help?

I have found here Antonina Kujawińska birth record

http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/776/0/6.1/119/str/1/2/15#tabSkany

act number 49

Lądek
Antonina Kujawińska

It happened in Lądek on 8 June 1873 at 10 a.m. Appeared Ignacy Kujawiński, farmer, 36 years old, living in Lądek, in the presence of Piotr Kamiński, 24 years old and Ignacy Nowiszewski, 34 years old, both farmers living in Lądek and show us female child and said that he was born in Lądek on 8 June 1873 at 5 a.m. from his legal wife Karolina Kujawińska maiden name Łukaszewska, 33 years old. Child was baptised by the priest Maksymilian Kegel under the name Antonina. Godparents: Piotr Kamiński and Józefa Pęczkowska. Act was read to present, all illiterate, signed by the priest Kegel.

I have searched in 1870-1877 period for a birth record of Johann, John or Jan (in polish) Nowacki, or Novatsky, Novatski but the only two people with Jan name were: 1876 Nowiszewski Jan and 1877 Nowak Jan

Kujawińska Antonina.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB
 Viewed:  6753 Time(s)

Kujawińska Antonina.jpg

katej9339

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 8:56 pm      Post subject: Antonia Kujawinska Nowatska (Nowacki)

I have been trying to find info on my family and ran across this post. My Great grandmother was Ursula Kujawinska (Radziejewski) born 1882, who had a sister Antonia Kujawinska Nowatska (Nowacki). Possibly related? Other family names were Lucian Dobski born in Lodek Russian Poland-he was my Great grandfather married to Ursula, Teofila Wroblewska, Jan Nowacki (Szwagier), John Nowatska, and friend's Novak.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I will be I. Germany 6/1 - 6/16/2017 and would really like to visit my great grandparents birth place.

Kathleen Kasmauski Kade

Send e-mail
cnborder

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:25 pm      Post subject: RE: Ursula Kujawinska, Antonia Kujawinska Nowatska

Kate, Urzula was my grandmother's sister. Their parents were Ignacy Kujawinski born 1837 and Karolina
Lukaszewska born 1840 Poland. This is all I've been able to trace back to. Seems we are related

Last edited by cnborder on Fri May 26, 2017 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
cnborder

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:29 pm      Post subject: more on Urzula Kujawinska

Kate, going back to my ancestry.com tree, I have Urzula (Ursula) born 1868, how sure are you of your 1882 date? Teofila, her sister was born in 1867
Send e-mail
katej9339

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:49 pm      Post subject:

Not all that sure. My grandmother Genawefa (Genevieve) was born 4/11/1907, so that would of made Ursula 39 at that time, which is possible. I show Ursula died 12/23/34. I believe her sister lived in W. Va.
Send e-mail
cnborder

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:06 pm      Post subject: ursula and Antonia

Yes, Antonia and John (or Jan) Nowacki, my grandparents, lived in West Virginia for a time, my father Chester
was born there. they moved to Chicago, where I was born and my grandparents lived with my parents till they passed away. Unfortunately I was born after they passed away, so I never knew them. where do you live?

Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 pm      Post subject: Re: ursula and Antonia

cnborder wrote:
Yes, Antonia and John (or Jan) Nowacki, my grandparents, lived in West Virginia for a time, my father Chester
was born there. they moved to Chicago, where I was born and my grandparents lived with my parents till they passed away. Unfortunately I was born after they passed away, so I never knew them. where do you live?

Hello,

today i have spoke with one man from Konin who will go this week and he will search for marriage record of Your grandparents.

Please confirm that you have read this message.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: