PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:23 pm      Post subject: Zabnyca

Does anyone know anyone in this town? Or how I obtain records? I am looking for information about my grandmother.
I have everthing in America I can find but her petition for naturalization and she was born 11-16-1896. I am trying to find out who here mother and father were and their names and if I have any relatives still over there. Thank you for your help
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:57 pm      Post subject:

Hello hoguej,

You will need to provide more detailed information about your grandmother. I could not find a village called Zabnyca in Poland, but did find several villages in Poland called Żabnica. So, there may be a spelling issue. At this point, it is still too ambiguous to say exactly where the village is located. You need to know the exact location before you can see if records are available through various databases and sources.

Perhaps if you provide her name and even post an image of any documents that show her village of birth, we can look at the document(s) and see if we can gain more details to help narrow down exactly where the village is located. Also, any information you have about what part of Poland she came from - Russian, Austrian, Prussian - or even the county in Poland may be helpful or a nearby town. That could be found through documents like marriage records, death records, naturalization records, etc., or it could be through the verbal family story that has been passed down. Every detail helps!

Best in your searching,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: