PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 14

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:14 pm      Post subject: Puzzle Pieces for My Tree

These are from http://www.epaveldas.lt/object/recordDescription/ARCH/1439/1/11

Thanks in advance

Karl Komorawski 26.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  405.28 KB
 Viewed:  10146 Time(s)

Karl Komorawski 26.png

Tamulanis125 Death Rec..png
 Description:
 Filesize:  747.7 KB

Tamulanis125 Death Rec..png

Kazimiers Tamulionis Death Rec..png
 Description:
 Filesize:  377.94 KB

Kazimiers Tamulionis Death Rec..png

Lhowse1

Replies: 14

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:43 pm      Post subject: Anna Tamulionis

This is a polish record in Lithuania of another possible piece of the puzzle in my family tree (same surname and hometown, and familiar name in record). Can't wait to see what I find out! I'm working on translating it myself but I'm REALLY new to Polish and need to be sure, and the other polish records I tried to translate for myself had slightly different wording than the guide posted on here. Still learning Smile

Anna Tamulionis.jpg
 Description:
http://www.epaveldas.lt/object/recordDescription/ARCH/1439/1/11 (pg. 28)
 Filesize:  91.68 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Anna Tamulionis.jpg

MikeChrzanowski

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:26 pm      Post subject: Birth Record - Jozef Chrzanowski

Can you please translate the attached birth record for my great grandfather, Jozef Chrzanowski, book entry #25? If possible, could you please include a typed version of all the Polish text?

I have included a scan of the book cover and index page for reference.

Thank you very much.

015a.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.41 KB

015a.JPG

001a.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  251.9 KB

001a.JPG

006a.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.37 KB

006a.JPG

Send e-mail
ksmets
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:31 pm      Post subject: Translation of Polish addendum on 1820 Latin marriage recd

Dear forum members,

can someone help me with the translation of the Polish notes that are written on this marriage record of 1820. I am looking for the marriage record of Joannes Krawczyk and Maria Kupiec. The bride here appears to be Marianna, daughter of the 'hortunalini' Adalbert and Hedwiga Kap?ow. But I am recognizing the last name Kupiec in the note. Can someone transcribe and translate this note for me? I would be most appreciative!

Thank you

Kristine

20170530_133559.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  961.56 KB

20170530_133559.jpg

Visit poster's website
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:09 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of Polish addendum on 1820 Latin marriage re

ksmets wrote:
Dear forum members,

can someone help me with the translation of the Polish notes that are written on this marriage record of 1820. I am looking for the marriage record of Joannes Krawczyk and Maria Kupiec. The bride here appears to be Marianna, daughter of the 'hortunalini' Adalbert and Hedwiga Kap?ow. But I am recognizing the last name Kupiec in the note. Can someone transcribe and translate this note for me? I would be most appreciative!

Thank you

Kristine

Kristine,

The record is that of the marriage of Jan Krawczyk & Maria Kupiec. What appears in the bride’s column as Kapcow is actually Kupcow but the letter “u” is poorly formed. The reason the surname does not appear as Kupiec is due to the nature of Polish as an inflected language. The surname Kupiec grammatically is a noun and Kupiec is the Nominative (Subject) form of the word. The stem of Kupiec is Kupc and the endings of all the other cases are added to that stem. Kupcow is agreeing in Case with the given names of the parents which are in the Genitive (Possessive) Case in Latin. Since Kupcόw is the Genitive Plural in Polish, that is how the name appears in the record. In English, which does not inflect nouns, the surname would always appear in the Nominative form---Kupiec.

All the important genealogical information is contained in the Latin text. The notation you ask about is just one of the legalities insisted upon by the Austrian government. (Keep in mind that this record is a civil transcript.) Notations such as this generally deal with the permission for the marriage to take place. Sometimes (in the older records) it is the permission of the landowner; sometimes it is the permission of a court (like the “Instantia pupillaris” (the orphan’s court); sometimes, as is the case here, it records the permission of the parents for the marriage to take place. In general, for genealogical purposes such notations are not worth transcribing and translating word for word. In this record the notation simply states that the parents of the bride and the mother of the groom grant their permission. (The Latin states that the father of the groom is deceased.) The pastor states that he wrote the names of the parties since they do not know how to write. Next follow the names of the parents, Wojciech Kupiec, father of Maryanna; Jadwiga Kupcowa (cf. above for the reason her surname does not appear as Kupiec.), mother of Maryanna; Magdalena Krawczyk, mother of Jan. The section concludes with the names of the two witnesses (who appear in the far right column in the Latin text). The final notation states the name of the assistant priest who blessed the marriage.

As a final observation, the word you see as “hortunalini” is actually “hortulanorum” which is the Genitive Plural of “hortulanus”. It is describing the social/economic condition of the parents of the bride as individuals who own their cottage and enough land for a garden, but not for market crops.

Hope this addresses your concerns without doing exactly what you asked.

Dave
ksmets
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:38 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Dave, this is very very helpful!!!

Kristine

Visit poster's website
ksmets
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 pm      Post subject: Cause of death

I am having trouble reading the cause of death on this 1907 death record for Anna Gadek, and am hopeful someone can help with what is written in the last two columns of this record. As usual, I apologize for the poor quality of this image.

DREC041. Anna Gadek Kozieja (1907) 20170613_113706.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  757.59 KB

DREC041. Anna Gadek Kozieja (1907) 20170613_113706.jpg

Visit poster's website
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:58 pm      Post subject: Re: Cause of death

ksmets wrote:
I am having trouble reading the cause of death on this 1907 death record for Anna Gadek, and am hopeful someone can help with what is written in the last two columns of this record. As usual, I apologize for the poor quality of this image.

Kristine,

The cause of death column is in Polish and the following column is in Latin. The disease/cause of death is cancer of the stomach (rak żołądka). The number "Sch. 2/6/907" is the medical certificate of June 2, 1907. The Notation column (the final column) in full form is "Sanctis Sacramentis provisa" which can be translated "prepared with the Holy Sacraments". In other words, she made her Confession, received Communion under the name of Viaticum, and what at the time was called Extreme Unction and is now known as the Anointing of the Sick. These three taken together were commonly known as the "Last Rites".

Dave
ksmets
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:23 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Dave!!! I found "rak" in the Polish dictionary, but could not figure out "żołądka." At least I was close. I am. also happy to know now what this "sch." followed by a date stands for. I couldn't find an explanation for this in my reference books (Hoffman's In Their Words and Ortell's Polish Parish Records.
Visit poster's website
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 am      Post subject:

ksmets wrote:
Thank you Dave!!! I found "rak" in the Polish dictionary, but could not figure out "żołądka." At least I was close. I am. also happy to know now what this "sch." followed by a date stands for. I couldn't find an explanation for this in my reference books (Hoffman's In Their Words and Ortell's Polish Parish Records.

Kristine,

The full form of the abbreviation "sch" is scheda, ae, f. which has the basic meaning of a paper or sheet of paper. In this context it can be translated as a medical report/certificate.

Dave
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:13 am      Post subject: Re: Julianna Wawrzynska m.1809

fopuszyn wrote:
Hello

This might be an excellent find for me! Everyone goes to weddings! Plenty of references to Wawrzynski. I verified that Pawel Wawrzynski is my 4G GF.

Some questions:

1) Were Pawel and Andrej brothers? Who was Stanislaw? Another brother?
2) Any references to Julianna's grandparents? If so, where were they from?
3) Any references as to where Wawrzynski come from? Birth village?

So sorry, this is a long marriage record. Hoping it resolves lingering questions I've had.

If possible, a full translation would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Frank

On this the twenty-eighth day of the month of May in the year of one thousand eight hundred and nine, before me, the chaplain of the Church in Chrostkowo, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar of Chrostkowo Commune in Lipno County in Plock Department, personally appeared Jan Jagelski, who, according to the birth certificate sourced from the books of the Church in Chrostkowo, which was submitted to us, was eighteen years six months and three weeks old and still staying beside his mother, while his father at that time was already dead, accompanied by his mother Justyna Jagelski nee Ziemiewicz settled down on the farm in Majdany, and the maiden Julianna Wawrzenszczonka, who, by means of the birth certificate sourced from the books of the Church in Chrostkowo, which she submitted to me, proved that she was sixteen years three months and five days old, still staying at her parents’ house, accompanied by her father Stanislaw Wawrzenski, the village administrator residing in Mermany, and also by her mother Franciszka nee Skibinski. The parties present demanded that we proceed to the marriage ceremony previously arranged between them, the banns for which had been made before the door of our communal house, that is to say, the first ones on the seventh day of the month of May of the current year, and the second ones on the fourteenth day of the month of May of the current year, at the hour of twelve at noon. Since no notification had been conveyed to ourselves about any objections having been raised to contracting the said matrimony, and the parents consented to the marriage ceremony, we therefore asked the prospective husband and the prospective wife, thus acceding to the demand of the parties, after all the above-mentioned documents and the section six of the Napoleonic Code treating of marriage were read aloud, as to whether or not they wished to be joined to each other in lawful wedlock, whereunto each of them replied, individually, that such was their will, and we declared in the name of law that Jan Jagelski and the maiden Julianna Wawrzenszczonka were joined to each other in lawful wedlock, and I drew up a certificate of that, in the presence of Stanislaw Jagelski, forty years of age, a farmer residing in Majdany, the brother of the aforementioned Jan entering into the matrimony, and Michal Cackowski, a farmer, twenty-eight years of age, the neighbour residing in Majdany, and also in the presence of Jedrzej Wawrzenski, a farmer, thirty-two years of age, and Pawel Wawrzenski, a tenant-farmer, forty years of age, both residing in Chrostkowo, both being the brothers of the newly wedded maiden’s father and the paternal uncles of the same maiden. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself whereas the persons mentioned in the present certificate, except the father of the bride, that is to say, Stanislaw Wawrzenski, did not know how to write.

Priest Anzelm Gowinski, Carmelite, Chaplain of the Church in Chrostkowo, Performing the Duties of a Civil Registrar (signed)

Last edited by Fantom on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
fopuszyn

Replies: 177

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:05 am      Post subject: Re: Julianna Wawrzynska m.1809

Fantom wrote:
fopuszyn wrote:
Hello

This might be an excellent find for me! Everyone goes to weddings! Plenty of references to Wawrzynski. I verified that Pawel Wawrzynski is my 4G GF.

Some questions:

1) Were Pawel and Andrej brothers? Who was Stanislaw? Another brother?
2) Any references to Julianna's grandparents? If so, where were they from?
3) Any references as to where Wawrzynski come from? Birth village?

So sorry, this is a long marriage record. Hoping it resolves lingering questions I've had.

If possible, a full translation would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Frank

On this the twenty-eighth day of the month of May in the year of one thousand eight hundred and nine, before me, the chaplain of the Church in Chrostkowo, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar of Chrostkowo Commune in Lipno County in Plock Department, personally appeared Jan Jagelski, who, according to the birth certificate sourced from the books of the Church in Chrostkowo, which was submitted to us, was eighteen years six months and three weeks old and still staying beside his mother, while his father at that time was already dead, accompanied by his mother Justyna Jagelski nee Ziemiewicz settled down on the farm in Majdany, and the maiden Julianna Wawrzenszczonka, who, by means of the birth certificate sourced from the books of the Church in Chrostkowo, which she submitted to me, proved that she was sixteen years three months and five days old, still staying at her parents’ house, accompanied by her father Stanislaw Wawrzenski, the village administrator residing in Mermany, and also by her mother Franciszka nee Skibinski. The parties present demanded that we proceed to the marriage ceremony previously arranged between them, the banns for which had been made before the door of our communal house, that is to say, the first ones on the seventh day of the month of May of the current year, and the second ones on the fourteenth day of the month of May of the current year, at the hour of twelve at noon. Since no notification had been conveyed to ourselves about any objections having been raised to contracting the said matrimony, and the parents consented to the marriage ceremony, we therefore asked the prospective husband and the prospective wife, thus acceding to the demand of the parties, after all the above-mentioned documents and the section six of the Napoleonic Code treating of marriage were read aloud, as to whether or not they wished to be joined to each other in lawful wedlock, whereunto each of them replied, individually, that such was their will, and we declared in the name of law that Jan Jagelski and the maiden Julianna Wawrzenszczonka were joined to each other in lawful wedlock, and the certificate of that was drawn up in the presence of Stanislaw Jagelski, forty years of age, a farmer residing in Majdany, the brother of the aforementioned Jan entering into the matrimony, and Michal Cackowski, a farmer, twenty-eight years of age, the neighbour residing in Majdany, and also in the presence of Jedrzej Wawrzenski, a farmer, thirty-two years of age, and Pawel Wawrzenski, a tenant-farmer, forty years of age, both residing in Chrostkowo, both being the brothers of the newly wedded maiden’s father and the paternal uncles of the same maiden. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself whereas the persons mentioned in the present certificate, except the father of the bride, that is to say, Stanislaw Wawrzenski, did not know how to write.

Priest Anzelm Gowinski, Carmelite, Chaplain of the Church in Chrostkowo, Performing the Duties of a Civil Registrar (signed)

Excellent! I knew that Andrzej's (Jedrzej) father and mother were Maciej and Agnieszka Wawrzynski and now that you confirmed that Pawel (my 4G GF) and Andrzej were indeed brothers, I just learned who my 5G grandparents were!

Thanks!

Frank
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:43 am      Post subject: Re: Anna Tamulionis

Lhowse1 wrote:
This is a polish record in Lithuania of another possible piece of the puzzle in my family tree (same surname and hometown, and familiar name in record). Can't wait to see what I find out! I'm working on translating it myself but I'm REALLY new to Polish and need to be sure, and the other polish records I tried to translate for myself had slightly different wording than the guide posted on here. Still learning Smile

143. Cyganowo. Certificate of Anna Tamulanis. It came to pass on the twenty-eighth day of December in the year of one thousand eight hundred and thirty-six, at the hour of two in the afternoon, in Miroslaw*. Appeared personally Pawel Sturko, forty years of age, and Woyciech Jernas, thirty-three years of age, both of them being farmers residing in the Village of Cyganowo, and testified that Anna Tamulanis, a farmeress residing in Cyganowo whose parents are unknown to the appearers, fifty years of age, had deceased on the twenty-sixth day of the current month, at the hour of twelve at noon, leaving behind her her widowed husband Antoni Tamulanis. The departure of {Anna} Tamulanis was visually ascertained. The present certificate was read aloud and subsequently signed by myself, while the appearers did not know how to write.

NOTES: *The town of Miroslaw referred to above is probably the one situated near Lake Obelija in Lithuania.

Last edited by Fantom on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Podjazd

Replies: 114

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:11 am      Post subject:

Hi, my query is about translating an email from a Polish archive, rather than actual records. I hope it's OK to make the request here.

I've used online translation but it only makes sense of about half the text. Thanks for any help on this!

John

Quote:
Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie Oddział w Mławie uprzejmie informuje, iż zostały przeprowadzone poszukiwania w księgach metrykalnych z lat 1905-1913 akt zespołów:

nr 137 "Akta stanu cywilnego Okręgu Bóżniczego w Ciechanowie" i w księdze metrykalnej z 1908 r. odnaleziono akt małżeństwa na nazwisko Podjazd Chana,

nr 56 "Akta stanu cywilnego Okręgu Bóżniczego w Mławie" i w księdze z 1910 r. odnaleziono wpis dot. zawarcia małżeństwa na nazwisko Podjazd Majer (brak aktu w pełnym wypisie).

Reprodukcje odnalezionych dokumentów przesyłamy w załączeniu. Z uwagi na fakt, iż dokumenty posiadamy w wersji cyfrowej, nie jest pobierana opłata związana z ich otrzymaniem.

Uiszczona przez Pana opłata wstępna pokryła w pełni koszt przeprowadzenia poszukiwań.
HendrikWendland

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:47 am      Post subject: Marriage of Franz Klukaszewski and Anna Justina Kropp

Dear all,

Thank you so much, Fantom, for the last translation, which was extremely helpful.

I found the matching marriage record in the church book of Babiak from 1841. Could I get some help with the translation?

As far as I understand this is the marriage in Lucynowo between Franciszek Klukaczewski, son of (deceased?) Filip Klukaczeswki and Marianna Andrzejewski, and Anna Justine Kropp, daughter of deceased Paul Kropp and Rosina Fiec/Fitz.

I would appreciate if you could help me with the rest of the record.

Many thanks in advance!

Hendrik

Franz Klukasyewski marriage 1841 Babiak.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.76 MB

Franz Klukasyewski marriage 1841 Babiak.png

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 367 of 580

Jump to: