PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:38 pm      Post subject: 1843 Osiek Parish Records

I keep running around in circles...

I located a Zecman reference I want to pursue on http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl. It indicates Osiek parish, so I"ve been going through scans for Osiek on https://genealogiawarchiwach.pl but am unable to locate Record No 15.

I'm probably in entirely the wrong place and could really use someone to point a finger in the right direction...Thank you!
Joe

Jakub Zecman.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  312.82 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Jakub Zecman.png

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:47 am      Post subject:

Try: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSVV-DSCF-P?i=138&cat=54631

Tom
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:34 am      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
Try: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSVV-DSCF-P?i=138&cat=54631

Tom

You made that seem too easy! It obviously never dawned on me that Family Search would have scans not available from the Polish Archives.

Thank you so much!
Joe

JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:28 am      Post subject:

Tom... if/when you have a moment, can you briefly outline the steps you used to find that record on FamilySearch? I really want to learn how to do these things myself, but keep going in circles. Smile

Thank you VERY much!
Joe

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:46 am      Post subject:

Brief outline of the steps I followed, as requested.

1. Logon to www.familysearch.org
2. Select the Search / Catalog option at the top of the screen
3. Type in Osiek in the Place field.
4. From the drop down selection list select Osiek (Rypin), being the best geographical fit to your Osiek (par. Brodnicki).
5. Then select the blue Search button.
6. From the 2 results, select the Church Records (3).
7. You should then be presented with the following 3 options (all relate to Copies of metrical books):
Kopie księg metrykalnych, 1808-1865
Kopie księg metrykalnych, 1808-1885
Księgi metrykalnye, 1666-1884
8. Select the 2nd one .
9. You are then presented with a catalogue of microfilms, relating to the years 1808-1885.
10. The labels Akta urodzeń, małżeństw, zgonów relate to births, marriages and deaths, in that order.
11. Given that your interest lies in a marriage for 1843, you should select the item Akta małżeństw 1840-1871, 2404935 Item 2. You do this by selecting the small camera icon on the right hand side. This will open up the digitised microfilm – all 1149 images.
12. You now need to scroll through to Item 2, which is where 1840-1871 images start from. It will be a black screen with a large number 2 on it. (Or you can just type in 122 in the Image box in the top left hand of the screen, and press Enter.)
13. Once you get to the Item 2 page, double click on the small image of the page, and it will expand.
14. You then start scrolling through, using the > icon until you get to 1843. The year will be displayed above record #1 for each year. Once you get to the start of 1843 (which is at image number 135), you then keep scrolling to the right using the > icon, until you get to marriage record number 15 (on image number 139).
15. To download a copy of the page, select the Download option at the top right of the screen.
16. An options ribbon will appear at the bottom of the page. Select the drop down icon next to the Save option and select the Save As option. This will allow you to save to your preferred directory on your hard drive.

Tom
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 am      Post subject:

Tom:
Really appreciate your very detailed and precise steps. It certainly helps neophytes like myself to understand the process and reason and how to apply it! There are so many sources now for these old records...it's amazing!

Your help, and that of others here reminds me of the old proverb: Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day...Teach him how to fish...

Thanks again!
Joe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: