PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:12 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage of Franz Klukaszewski and Anna Justina Kropp

HendrikWendland wrote:
Dear all,

Thank you so much, Fantom, for the last translation, which was extremely helpful.

I found the matching marriage record in the church book of Babiak from 1841. Could I get some help with the translation?

As far as I understand this is the marriage in Lucynowo between Franciszek Klukaczewski, son of (deceased?) Filip Klukaczeswki and Marianna Andrzejewski, and Anna Justine Kropp, daughter of deceased Paul Kropp and Rosina Fiec/Fitz.

I would appreciate if you could help me with the rest of the record.

Many thanks in advance!

Hendrik

#7 Lucynowo. It came to pass in the town of Babiak on the fifteenth/twenty-seventh day of January in the year one thousand eight hundred and forty-three, at four o’clock in the afternoon.

We make it known that today, in the presence of witnesses Bogumił Sommerfeld, a farmer, residing in the town of Hollędry Cieplinski, thirty four years old, and Gottfried Krygier, a farmer, residing in the colony of Lucynowo, twenty four years old, the religious matrimony has been entered into by Franciszek Klukaczewski, a young man, residing in Lucynowo, born in the village of Wietrzychowice, to parents Filip Klukaczewski (deceased) and Marianna nee Andrzejewska residing in Lucynowo, twenty years old, and the maiden Anna Justina Kropp, daughter of Paweł Kropp (deceased) and Rozyna nee Fiec residing in Cieplinski, twenty two years old, born in the village of Psary and residing since then in Cieplinski.

The said matrimony had been preceded by the triple proclamation of banns, namely on the twenty-third and the twenty ninth of December/tenth of January, fifth/seventeenth, twelfth/twenty-fourth of January, in both parishes of Babiak and Modzerowo.

The certificate then finishes off with the usual statements about verbal permissions being granted, no objections having been raised by anyone and the newlyweds declaring that they had not made any premarital agreement.

The present certificate was read aloud to those present and the witnesses and subsequently signed by myself only (the priest) as those present did not know how to write.

Tom
dbray6714

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:17 am      Post subject: Need help with translation

Any help translating this letter from Dobrynia (circa 1960) would be most appreciated.

Letter - 1960.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Letter - 1960.pdf
 Filesize:  1.45 MB
 Downloaded:  871 Time(s)

Krasnal

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:55 pm      Post subject:

Krasnal wrote:
Hi, I need a help to translate this old marriage certificate.

Dear forum members, I would really appreciate any help with this translation.

Thanks

Casamento (segundo) Franciszek Drabecki e Anastazja Kolińska1831 n1 (pais de Pawel).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Casamento (segundo) Franciszek Drabecki e Anastazja Kolińska1831 n1 (pais de Pawel).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:45 am      Post subject:

Podjazd wrote:
Hi, my query is about translating an email from a Polish archive, rather than actual records. I hope it's OK to make the request here.

I've used online translation but it only makes sense of about half the text. Thanks for any help on this!

John

Quote:
Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie Oddział w Mławie uprzejmie informuje, iż zostały przeprowadzone poszukiwania w księgach metrykalnych z lat 1905-1913 akt zespołów:

nr 137 "Akta stanu cywilnego Okręgu Bóżniczego w Ciechanowie" i w księdze metrykalnej z 1908 r. odnaleziono akt małżeństwa na nazwisko Podjazd Chana,

nr 56 "Akta stanu cywilnego Okręgu Bóżniczego w Mławie" i w księdze z 1910 r. odnaleziono wpis dot. zawarcia małżeństwa na nazwisko Podjazd Majer (brak aktu w pełnym wypisie).

Reprodukcje odnalezionych dokumentów przesyłamy w załączeniu. Z uwagi na fakt, iż dokumenty posiadamy w wersji cyfrowej, nie jest pobierana opłata związana z ich otrzymaniem.

Uiszczona przez Pana opłata wstępna pokryła w pełni koszt przeprowadzenia poszukiwań.

State Archives in Warsaw, Mława branch kindly informs that after research in register books of 1905-1913 period the following records have been found:

nr 137 Ciechanów synagogue district, Civil Status records and in public register of 1908 - marriage record for Podjazd Chana,
nr 56 Mława synagogue district, Civil Status Records and in 1910 book - registry about marriage for Podjazd Majer (no full marriage record available).

we have attached copies of those documents. The fee is not charged due to the fact that we have those files in digital version. The initial fee you have paid is enough for research costs.
Podjazd

Replies: 114

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:24 am      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
Podjazd wrote:
Hi, my query is about translating an email from a Polish archive, rather than actual records. I hope it's OK to make the request here.

I've used online translation but it only makes sense of about half the text. Thanks for any help on this!

John

Quote:
Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie Oddział w Mławie uprzejmie informuje, iż zostały przeprowadzone poszukiwania w księgach metrykalnych z lat 1905-1913 akt zespołów:

nr 137 "Akta stanu cywilnego Okręgu Bóżniczego w Ciechanowie" i w księdze metrykalnej z 1908 r. odnaleziono akt małżeństwa na nazwisko Podjazd Chana,

nr 56 "Akta stanu cywilnego Okręgu Bóżniczego w Mławie" i w księdze z 1910 r. odnaleziono wpis dot. zawarcia małżeństwa na nazwisko Podjazd Majer (brak aktu w pełnym wypisie).

Reprodukcje odnalezionych dokumentów przesyłamy w załączeniu. Z uwagi na fakt, iż dokumenty posiadamy w wersji cyfrowej, nie jest pobierana opłata związana z ich otrzymaniem.

Uiszczona przez Pana opłata wstępna pokryła w pełni koszt przeprowadzenia poszukiwań.

State Archives in Warsaw, Mława branch kindly informs that after research in register books of 1905-1913 period the following records have been found:

nr 137 Ciechanów synagogue district, Civil Status records and in public register of 1908 - marriage record for Podjazd Chana,
nr 56 Mława synagogue district, Civil Status Records and in 1910 book - registry about marriage for Podjazd Majer (no full marriage record available).

we have attached copies of those documents. The fee is not charged due to the fact that we have those files in digital version. The initial fee you have paid is enough for research costs.

Marcel, thanks so much for taking the time to do this. It clears some things up for me.
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:27 am      Post subject:

Krasnal wrote:
Krasnal wrote:

Thanks

Recorded on the 23rd day of January 1831 at the hour of three in the afternoon, in the Village of Szymanowice.

Witnesses: Jozef Wykretowicz, a farmer, aged 35, and Mateusz Torzewski, a farmer, aged 38, both of them being Catholics residing in Holedry Sokolka

Groom: Franciszek Drabecki, a widower, aged 40, Catholic, residing in Holedry Sokolka, born in Koscian from the Drabeckis, namely, from the married couple Urban and Regina, both of them being Catholics residing there

Bride: widow Anastazya, widowed for nearly a year in this parish, aged 38, born in the Village of Radolina, a maid staying in Holedry Sokolka, the daughter of the Kolinskis, namely, of the married couple Woyciech and Agnieszka, the Catholics residing in Radolina
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:23 am      Post subject: Re: Birth Record - Jozef Chrzanowski

MikeChrzanowski wrote:
Can you please translate the attached birth record for my great grandfather, Jozef Chrzanowski, book entry #25? If possible, could you please include a typed version of all the Polish text?

I have included a scan of the book cover and index page for reference.

Thank you very much.

No. 25. Osowka*. It came to pass on the sixteenth day of May in the year of one thousand eight hundred and fifty-two, at the hour of eight in the morning, in the church village of Zielona. Appeared personally Stanislaw Chrzanowski, a farmer residing in the village of Osowka, fifty years of age, companioned by Pawel Baranski, a forester, thirty years of age, and Wawrzyniec Zybert, a farmer, seventy years of age, both residing in the village of Osowka, and presented to us a baby of the male sex, born on the fourteenth day of May of the current year, at the hour of five in the evening, in the village of Osowka, from his forty-year-old spouse Maryanna Rybicki. The said baby had been given the name Jozef during the holy baptism, which had been held earlier that day, and his godparents had been the aforementioned Pawel Baranski, together with Antonina Wichrowski. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearer and the witnesses and subsequently signed. The appearer and the witnesses did not know how to write.

Priest Piotr Kolpinski (signed), Parish Priest of Zielona Parish

Last edited by Fantom on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Krasnal

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:30 pm      Post subject:

Fantom wrote:
Krasnal wrote:
Krasnal wrote:

Thanks

Recorded on the 23rd day of January 1831 at the hour of three in the afternoon, in the Village of Szymanowice.

Witnesses: Jozef Wykretowicz, a farmer, aged 35, and Mateusz Torzewski, a farmer, aged 38, both of them being Catholics residing in Holedry Sokolka

Groom: Franciszek Drabecki, a widower, aged 40, Catholic, residing in Holedry Sokolka, born in Koscian from the Drabeckis, namely, from the married couple Urban and Regina, both of them being Catholics residing there

Bride: widow Anastazya, widowed for nearly a year in this parish, aged 38, born in the Village of Radolina, a maid staying in Holedry Sokolka, the daughter of the Kolinskis, namely, of the married couple Woyciech and Agnieszka, the Catholics residing in Radolina

Thank you so much Fantom!!
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:29 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate

cbuckord wrote:
You have all been very helpful and I would appreciate having these records translated. I hope they will lead me to more records. Thank you very much!! Dena

No. 24. Wasosz. It came to pass on the nineteenth day of February in the year of one thousand eight hundred and thirty-seven, at the hour of five in the evening, in the Town of Wasosz. Appeared personally citizen Mateusz Czyzewski, a farmer residing in Wasosz, thirty years of age, companioned by citizens Jan Zyskowski, twenty-eight years of age, and Jan Maliszewski, twenty-nine years of age, both of them being farmers residing in Wasosz, and presented to us a baby of the male sex, born the day before, at the hour of twelve at noon, here in Wasosz, from his thirty-two-year-old spouse Katarzyna nee Zarzecki. The said baby had been given the name Julian during the holy baptism, which had been held earlier that day, and his godparents had been Pawel Podgorski and Maryanna Godlewski. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearer and the witnesses and subsequently signed by myself. The appearer and the witnesses did not know how to write.

Priest Lataczewski (signed), Parish Priest
arielvfu

Replies: 60

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am      Post subject:

will highly appriciate anyone who might be able to assist with the following translation from Polish to English of the document that is attached

many thanks

32!!.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  728.04 KB

32!!.jpg

Podjazd

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:28 pm      Post subject: any help?

Hi, I found this on Ancestry searching for "Podjazd", my very rare ancestral name from Jewish Poland (only found in Ciechanow and later Mlawa between 1827 and 1942). It appears to be some kind of card signed by school children, including one Regina Podjazd.

I don't ask for a full translation. Rather, just, can you tell what this is? Does it say the name of the school (or synagogue -- I assume it's a Jewish institution)? Ages of the kids? Who the card was for? (if that's what it is?)

I see the place is Mlawa, and the date May 20, 1922. Any other descriptive information? Anything else about Miss Podjazd?

thanks!

reginapodjazd.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  667.96 KB

reginapodjazd.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:44 pm      Post subject: Mlawa 20 May 1922

Hi,
Two pages, 20 lines each, 3 first-last or last-first per line, that means circa 120 signatures together. It could be an end of a school years (maybe even matura, Abitur in German, baccalauréat in French), and a kind of souvenir from the school - the list of all pupils, mostly girls, but I see also boys - Pynkus Wolf, Pienica Szmul. It is not in alphabetical order of names. If that list is together with a picture, it could be an ordre of children as on the picture.
There is no information besides "Mlawa 20 May 1922".

Best,
Elzbieta
Podjazd

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:45 pm      Post subject: Re: Mlawa 20 May 1922

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
Hi,
Two pages, 20 lines each, 3 first-last or last-first per line, that means circa 120 signatures together. It could be an end of a school years (maybe even matura, Abitur in German, baccalauréat in French), and a kind of souvenir from the school - the list of all pupils, mostly girls, but I see also boys - Pynkus Wolf, Pienica Szmul. It is not in alphabetical order of names. If that list is together with a picture, it could be an ordre of children as on the picture.
There is no information besides "Mlawa 20 May 1922".

Best,
Elzbieta

Thank you Elzbieta! That makes sense. Would the school year end in May back then for the matura?

I went back and looked again and realized it is part of a big document with dozens or possibly hundreds of pages. This was page 46 out of 453 -- somehow I doubt it's one big book, but maybe a collection of yearbooks or something.

Some of the other pages had names with drawings, some with group photos. I will attach the first page, and also a page that was duplicated before and after the original page I posted:

2mc_0918.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  490.51 KB

2mc_0918.jpg

xx.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.78 KB

xx.jpg

2mc_0920.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  452.54 KB

2mc_0920.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:11 am      Post subject: the first page

https://forum.polishorigins.com/files/thumbs/t_2mc_0918_155.jpg

Hołd i Cześć
ze słowami niewygasłej wdzięczności uczuć
Wielkodusznym Polakom Amerykańskim
za najwznioslejsza z krwi i mienia ofiarnosc dla Ojczyzny oddalonej
wyraża
mlodzież i grono nauczycielskie
szkoły żenskiej im. św. Kingi.
W Stryju, dnia 20 maja 1922.
==
Abbreviation:
im. św. Kingi = imienia świętej Kingi
szkoły żenskiej im. św. Kingi = school for girls name Holy Kinga
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinga_of_Poland
==
Homage and Commendation
with words of unwavering gratitude of feelings
to Generous American Poles
for the most exquisite sacrifice of blood and property for the distant Homeland
expresses
youth and the body of teachers
of the school for girls name Holy Kinga
in Stryj, 20 maj 1922
==
NOTE: grono nauczycielskie = body of all teachers acting as a whole
Stryj: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stryj_(miasto), in Lwów district, like Przemyśl
==

Last edited by Elzbieta Porteneuve on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:10 am; edited 4 times in total
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:19 am      Post subject: the middle page

==
https://forum.polishorigins.com/files/xx_919.jpg
==
Naszym Rodakom
za Oceanem
Nr 2 Szkoła Powszechna Nr 2
w Mławie
==
To Our Compatriots
over the Ocean
No. 2 Common School No. 2
in Mława
==
NOTE: Szkoła Powszechna => Common School, the one which gives the initial common education to everyone, in France it is called Elementary School, in Polish it is like "Commons"
==
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 368 of 580

Jump to: