PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:40 am      Post subject: Boleslawiec and Polish Pottery

My wire and I along with a friend are visiting Poland in mid-August. My wife is interested in purchasing Polish Pottery. In her reasearch she found that the factory does not ship to the USA or other countries. Does anyone know where to go to that will ship the pottery there and package it properly,to avoid breakage?
Send e-mail
Tina Ellis

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:05 am      Post subject:

This is where I buy it: http://www.bluerosepottery.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BRO&Screen=SEARCH&q=Polish

Quality of the Boleslawic pottery is excellent.

I used to get from another distributor, but they discontinued it years ago. It was an American site dedicated to only Polish items.
Send e-mail
dgawell

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:16 am      Post subject: SHIPPING

I have heard that some of the Polish pottery stores will ship. In 2014 in Krakow, everyone said no. There was one in Warsaw in 2016 that would ship, but we decided to carry the items (shipping too expensive) which were wrapped carefully. They were in our carryon luggage. Buy it in your final city.
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:56 pm      Post subject: Polish Art Center, Hamtramck

The Polish Art Center in Detroit/Hamtramck has a fine selection. Not sure if it would be more expensive or not, when factoring in shipping, etc.

As an aside, The Polish Art Center resides in the building my grandfather Jozef Gwizdowski designed back in 1915 Smile

http://www.polartcenter.com/Boleslawiec_Polish_Pottery_s/4.htm

Of course, it would be wonderful to say you actually bought your pottery IN Poland!

Cheers,
Joe

Joseph Torolski

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:33 am      Post subject: Polish Pottery

Thanks everyone for your responses, hopefully there might be more. We will be going to the Festival in Boleslawiec on August 19. I'm pretty sure we can find someone who will package and ship to our home in Michigan.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: