PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:01 am      Post subject: Gostyn area

I'm having a terrible time finding the place of birth of an ancestor that is mentioned in a marriage record. I want to check LDS film and just cannot figure out where this place is. To the best of my ability, the document reads: Gostyn, Brzo??? Parafia, Ostrowiec or Ostrowo????? If anyone can find this place for me, I would really appreciate it. The document is attached. My Załęski ancestors were in the Wieczfnia Parafia in Mlawa at this time, but I don't think Jan was born there - or at least I cannot find a place with those three locations reasonably close to each other.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Michelle

1829 Marriage Jan Z and Scholastyka Gadomska Krzynologa Wielkie pg 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  868.33 KB
 Viewed:  1 Time(s)

Description:
 Filesize:  868.33 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:21 am      Post subject: Re: Gostyn area

Mzaleska wrote:
I'm having a terrible time finding the place of birth of an ancestor that is mentioned in a marriage record. I want to check LDS film and just cannot figure out where this place is. To the best of my ability, the document reads: Gostyn, Brzo??? Parafia, Ostrowiec or Ostrowo????? If anyone can find this place for me, I would really appreciate it. The document is attached. My Załęski ancestors were in the Wieczfnia Parafia in Mlawa at this time, but I don't think Jan was born there - or at least I cannot find a place with those three locations reasonably close to each other.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Michelle

Michelle,

I think it is Pobodzie (declensioned Pobodzach). It is written at the top of the document, too. He had been married to Rozalia (nee Nowicka). She died in 1829, in Dzierzgowo. http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=D&w=07mz&rid=D&search_lastname=zaleski&search_name=jan&search_lastname2=nowicka&search_name2=rozalia&from_date=1829&to_date=1829

Also, map attached, Pobodze surrounded by some Brzozowo villages.

Sem título.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  264.33 KB

Sem título.jpg

Send e-mail
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:17 pm      Post subject: Gostyn area

Thank you Magroski! I appreciate the information. I'm just wondering about Jan's birth place? Is the Brzozowo on the map you sent in Gostyn, Ostrowiec - or whatever those names are? The yellow arrow points to "wsi Ostrowiec Parafia Brzozowskiej Obew???? Gostynski??? I can't figure out which LDS film to view to find Jan's birth. Any ideas???
Thank you.
Michelle
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Gostyn area

Mzaleska wrote:
Thank you Magroski! I appreciate the information. I'm just wondering about Jan's birth place? Is the Brzozowo on the map you sent in Gostyn, Ostrowiec - or whatever those names are? The yellow arrow points to "wsi Ostrowiec Parafia Brzozowskiej Obew???? Gostynski??? I can't figure out which LDS film to view to find Jan's birth. Any ideas???
Thank you.
Michelle

Michelle,
I could not find records for Brzozowo parish. Maybe someone else in this forum could point a direction.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:19 pm      Post subject: Gostyn area

Yes, this is one of those brick walls - but I truly appreciate your efforts. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears!!!
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:05 am      Post subject:

Here is a possibly more readable (and what appears to be a much more comprehensive) version of the record: http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0102d&sy=1829&kt=2&plik=14-15.jpg#zoom=1.25&x=1845&y=1450
From the parish of Krzynowłoga Wielka and in the villages of Grabowo Zawady (about 6 kms to the west) and Pobodze (about 11 kms to the west).
Note: the record continues over the page.

Tom
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 am      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
Here is a possibly more readable (and what appears to be a much more comprehensive) version of the record: http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0102d&sy=1829&kt=2&plik=14-15.jpg#zoom=1.25&x=1845&y=1450
From the parish of Krzynowłoga Wielka and in the villages of Grabowo Zawady (about 6 kms to the west) and Pobodze (about 11 kms to the west).

Tom

Oh my God. I could decipher and type Polish. Two more hours needed to make it easy to read.

I have been adding villages to Google maps, after verification, here are my names. Brzozowo to be checked. There is something like village Ostrow* parish Brzoz*, district Gostynin - ?

Grabowo-Zawady,+Poland/Krzynowłoga+Wielka,+Poland/Pobodze,+Poland/Dzierzgowo,+Poland/Wieczfnia+Kościelna,+Poland/Zakrzewo+Wielkie,+Poland/Gostynin,+Poland/Brzozowa,+09-500+Gostynin,+Poland/Grzebsk,+Poland/Duczymin,+Poland

Best,
Elzbieta
==

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0102d&sy=1829&kt=2&plik=14-15.jpg#zoom=2.25&x=1892&y=1360

Grabowo Zawady i Pobodze

Dzialo sie w wsi Krzynowłodze Wielkiej dnia 30 maja 1829, o 7 wieczor.

Wiadomo czynimy, ze w przytomnosci swiadkow Stanisława Kosiorowskiego, przy szwagrze swoim Kazimierzu Płoskim w wsi Grabowie Skorupkach rolniku zamieszkalego, lat 37, tudziez nizej wymienionej Panny Scholastyki Franciszki Gadomskiej i Hilarego Kraszewskiego dziedzica w wsi Ślubowie zamieszkalego lat 54 majacych, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy Janem Załęskim, wdowcem, dzierzawca w wsi Pobodzach parafii Dzierzgowskiej zamieszkalym, pozostalym mezem Rozalii z Nowickich, podlug okazanego Aktu Zejscia wycietego z ksiag kosciola Dzierzgowskiego dnia 1 lutego roku biezacego, w Pobodzach zeszlej, urodzonym w wsi Ostrowie parafii Brzozowskiej obwodzie Gostynskim, z Antoniego w wsi Zakrzewie Wielkim parafii Wieczfininskiej obwodzie Mławskim zeszlego i Maryanny z Paprockich w Pobodzach zamieszkalej, malzonkow Załęskich, lat podlug okazanej wierzytelnej kopii metryki urodzenia zlozonej przy pierwszym slubie do akt gminy Grzebskiej, wycietej z ksiag kosciola Brzozowskiego lat 37 majacym, a Panna Scholastyka Franciszka, corka Pawla w wsi Grabowie Zawadach dziedzica zeszlego, jak dowodzi akt zejscia tu przy kosciele znajdujacy sie, i Tekli z Kosierowskich w wymienionej wsi Grabowie Zawadach zamieszkalej, malzonkow Gadomskich, lat podlug okazanej metryki urodzenia wycietej z ksiag kosciola Duczyminskiego lat 22 liczaca, w Grabowie Zawadach zrodzona, i przy matce zostajaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily 3 zapowiedzie w dniach 8, 10 i 17 biezacego miesiaca w parafiach Wielko Krzynowłoskiej i Dzierzgowskiej, jako tez zezwolenie ustne obecnych aktowi malzenstwa matek obojga zaslubionych.
Two signatures, mother of the bride Tekla Gadomska and one witness Hilary Kraszewski O?walich

==
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:08 pm      Post subject:

http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&w=07mz
15 years of data from Brzozów Mazowieckie Parish records.
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:12 pm      Post subject: Gostyn area

Thank you all so much!! You are all really great people to be so helpful. Would it be too much for me to ask if anyone can translate that document? The links are above - thank you Pabian and Elzbieta, for providing this typed version. I tried using Polish Translator but would like to have a more precise translation. I just might find Jan's birth after all with all this help.
Thank you.
Michelle
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm      Post subject: Gostyn area

Elzbieta, thank you, that is one of the areas I was looking at - "Ostrow* Parish Brzoz* district Gostynin". There are so many versions of Gostyn*, Ostrow* and Brzoz* and when I mapped them out, they all seemed to be pretty far from the nest of ancestors I found. But I was told that that wasn't so unusual with people marrying and moving to where the wife or other relatives lived. And the search goes on ......
Michelle
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm      Post subject:

Elzbieta Porteneuve wrote:
PabianAus wrote:

Tom

Oh my God. I could decipher and type Polish. Two more hours needed to make it easy to read.

I have been adding villages to Google maps, after verification, here are my names. Brzozowo to be checked. There is something like village Ostrow* parish Brzoz*, district Gostynin - ?

Grabowo-Zawady,+Poland/Krzynowłoga+Wielka,+Poland/Pobodze,+Poland/Dzierzgowo,+Poland/Wieczfnia+Kościelna,+Poland/Zakrzewo+Wielkie,+Poland/Gostynin,+Poland/Brzozowa,+09-500+Gostynin,+Poland/Grzebsk,+Poland/Duczymin,+Poland

Best,
Elzbieta
==

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0102d&sy=1829&kt=2&plik=14-15.jpg#zoom=2.25&x=1892&y=1360

Grabowo Zawady i Pobodze

Dzialo sie w wsi Krzynowłodze Wielkiej dnia 30 maja 1829, o 7 wieczor.

Wiadomo czynimy, ze w przytomnosci swiadkow Stanisława Kosiorowskiego, przy szwagrze swoim Kazimierzu Płoskim w wsi Grabowie Skorupkach rolniku zamieszkalego, lat 37, tudziez nizej wymienionej Panny Scholastyki Franciszki Gadomskiej i Hilarego Kraszewskiego dziedzica w wsi Ślubowie zamieszkalego lat 54 majacych, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy Janem Załęskim, wdowcem, dzierzawca w wsi Pobodzach parafii Dzierzgowskiej zamieszkalym, pozostalym mezem Rozalii z Nowickich, podlug okazanego Aktu Zejscia wycietego z ksiag kosciola Dzierzgowskiego dnia 1 lutego roku biezacego, w Pobodzach zeszlej, urodzonym w wsi Ostrowie parafii Brzozowskiej obwodzie Gostynskim, z Antoniego w wsi Zakrzewie Wielkim parafii Wieczfininskiej obwodzie Mławskim zeszlego i Maryanny z Paprockich w Pobodzach zamieszkalej, malzonkow Załęskich, lat podlug okazanej wierzytelnej kopii metryki urodzenia zlozonej przy pierwszym slubie do akt gminy Grzebskiej, wycietej z ksiag kosciola Brzozowskiego lat 37 majacym, a Panna Scholastyka Franciszka, corka Pawla w wsi Grabowie Zawadach dziedzica zeszlego, jak dowodzi akt zejscia tu przy kosciele znajdujacy sie, i Tekli z Kosierowskich w wymienionej wsi Grabowie Zawadach zamieszkalej, malzonkow Gadomskich, lat podlug okazanej metryki urodzenia wycietej z ksiag kosciola Duczyminskiego lat 22 liczaca, w Grabowie Zawadach zrodzona, i przy matce zostajaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily 3 zapowiedzie w dniach 8, 10 i 17 biezacego miesiaca w parafiach Wielko Krzynowłoskiej i Dzierzgowskiej, jako tez zezwolenie ustne obecnych aktowi malzenstwa matek obojga zaslubionych.
Two signatures, mother of the bride Tekla Gadomska and one witness Hilary Kraszewski O?walich

==

I am starting to understand Polish ... then I will make a summary. And a map - but not tonight.

https://www.google.fr/maps/dir/Krzynowłoga+Wielka,+Poland/Dzierzgowo,+Poland/Wieczfnia,+Poland/Zakrzewo+Wielkie,+Poland/Grzebsk,+Poland/Pobodze,+Poland/Duczymin,+Poland/Grabowo-Zawady,+Poland/Ślubowo,+Kawieczyno-Saksary,+Poland/Gostynin,+Poland/

Krzynowłoga+Wielka,+Poland/Dzierzgowo,+Poland/Wieczfnia,+Poland/Zakrzewo+Wielkie,+Poland/Grzebsk,+Poland/Pobodze,+Poland/Duczymin,+Poland/Grabowo-Zawady,+Poland/Ślubowo,+Kawieczyno-Saksary,+Poland/Gostynin,+Poland/

SUMMARY:
MARRIAGE: 30 May 1829, at 7 pm, in Krzynowłoga Wielka
GROOM: Jan Załęski, a widower, tenant residing in the village Pobodze parish Dzierzgowo,
GROOM-WIDOW: husband of the late Rozalia Nowicka, according to presented Death Record cut from the books of the church in Dzierzgowo, died on 1 February 1829, in Pobodze
GROOM-BIRTH: born in the village of Ostrowie? parish Brzozowo? circuit Gostynin, 37 years old according to presented certified copy of his Birth Record filed to his first marriage to the acts in the community Grzebsk, cut from the books of the church Brzozowo?
GROOM-PARENTS: son of Antoni died in the village Zakrzewie Wielkie, parish Wieczfnia, circuit Mława; and Maryanna née Paprocka residing in Pobodze, spouses Załęski;
BRIDE: Miss Scholastyka Franciszka Gadomska, 22 years old according to the presented Birth Record cut from the books of the church in Duczymin, born in Grabowo Zawady, staying with her mother
BRIDE-PARENTS: daughter of the late Pawel, heir in the village Grabowo Zawady, as evidenced by the Death Record located here at the church, and Tekla née Kosierowska, residing in said village Grabowo Zawady, spouses Gadomski,
WITNESSES: Stanisław Kosiorowski, residing with his brother-in-law (husband of his sister) Kazimierz Płoski in the village Grabowo-Skorupki, farmer 37 years old, and also mentioned below Miss Scholastyka Franciszka Gadomska, and Hilary Kraszewski, heir, residing in the village Ślubowo, 54 years old,
BANNS: 8, 10 and 17 May 1829, in the parishes Krzynowłoga Wielka and Dzierzgowo

Grabowo Zawady and Pobodze

It happened in the village Krzynowloga Wielka on 30 May 1829, at 7 pm.

We make it known that in the consciousness of witnesses Stanisław Kosiorowski, residing with his brother-in-law (husband of his sister) Kazimierz Płoski in the village Grabowo-Skorupki, farmer 37 years old, and also mentioned below Miss Scholastyka Franciszka Gadomska, and Hilary Kraszewski, heir, residing in the village Ślubowo, 54 years old, today has been concluded religious marriage between Jan Załęski, a widower, tenant residing in the village Pobodze parish Dzierzgowo, husband of the late Rozalia Nowicka, according to presented Death Record cut from the books of the church in Dzierzgowo, died on 1 February of the current year, in Pobodze; born in the village of Ostrowie? parish Brzozowo? circuit Gostynin, son of Antoni died in the village Zakrzewie Wielkie, parish Wieczfnia, circuit Mława; and Maryanna née Paprocka residing in Pobodze, spouses Załęski; 37 years old according to presented certified copy of his Birth Record filed to his first marriage to the acts in the community Grzebsk, cut from the books of the church Brzozowo?, and Miss Scholastyka Franciszka, daughter of the late Pawel, heir in the village Grabow Zawady, as evidenced by the Death Record located here at the church, and Tekla née Kosierowska, residing in said village Grabowo Zawady, spouses Gadomski, 22 years old according to the presented Birth Record cut from the books of the church in Duczymin, born in Grabowo Zawady, staying with her mother. This marriage was preceded by 3 banns on 8, 10 and 17 of the current month in the parishes Krzynowłoga Wielka and Dzierzgowo, as also an oral permission to the marriage from both mothers present to the act of marriage.

==
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:51 pm      Post subject: A map from Gostynin to Pobodze

Gostynin is circa 180 km from the cluster of villages:
Krzynowłoga+Wielka,+Poland/Dzierzgowo,+Poland/Wieczfnia,+Poland/Zakrzewo+Wielkie,+Poland/Grzebsk,+Poland/Pobodze,+Poland/Duczymin,+Poland/Grabowo-Zawady,+Poland/Ślubowo,+Kawieczyno-Saksary,+Poland/

I have one possible option for "village of Ostrowie? parish Brzozowo? circuit Gostynin":
Gostynin,+Poland/Brzozów+Stary,+Poland/Olszowiec,+Poland

In Polish wiki about Brzozów Stary, there is a sentence with Gostynin, Brzozów Stary was part of land of Gostynin.
"Marcin Brzozowski z Ziemi Gostyńskiej z beczką piwa pełną tańcowa"

==
Miejscowość Brzozów pochodzi od nazwiska starego rodu szlacheckiego Brzozowski (hrabia papieski) herbu Bylina. O zacnośości rodu świadczy fakt, iż herb Bylina pochodzi z okresu panowania króla z Dynastii Piastów i powstał na przełomie XI/XII wieku. Herbem pieczętowało się 15 rodów Jak głoszą stare księgi jeden z rodu z niesłychanej siły słynął "Marcin Brzozowski z Ziemi Gostyńskiej z beczką piwa pełną tańcował"
==
The name of the village Brzozów comes from the name of the old noble family Brzozowski (Papal Count) of the coat of arms Bylina. The sheen of the family is evidenced by the fact that the coat of arms of Bylina dates back to the reign of the king of the Piast Dynasty and was founded at the turn of the 11th / 12th centuries. The coat was sealed by 15 families. As the old books state, one of the rulers of an unpredictable force was famous "Marcin Brzozowski from Gostyń land dancing with a full barrel of beer"
==
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brzoz%C3%B3w_Stary
==

Best,
Elzbieta

Villages-cluster.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.54 KB

Villages-cluster.jpg

Gostynin-BrzozowStary-Olszowiec.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.41 KB

Gostynin-BrzozowStary-Olszowiec.jpg

Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:29 am      Post subject: Death Record of Rozalia Nowicka spouse Załęska

Record #14 village Pobodze

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0177d&sy=1829&kt=3&plik=003.jpg#zoom=1.5&x=2089&y=1592

DATE-of-RECORD: 3 Feb 1829, 9 am, in Dzierzgowo.
WITNESSES: Jan Załęski, husband, 32 y old, (dzierzawny possesor), and Kazimierz Grochowski, 40 y, residing in Łęg
DATE-of-DEATH: 1 Feb 1829, 4 am, in Pobodze
KTO: Rozalia Załęska, married, 33 y old, daughter of the late Jan and Franciszka spouses Nowicki from Zakrzewo.
LEFT-BEHIND: widowed husband Jan Załęski
SIGNATURES: Kazimierz Grochowski (second witness Jan Załęski stated he does not know how to write)

==
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 am      Post subject: Gostyn area

Thank you Elzbieta...very much! This document is so full of information and now I understand it. I do the best I can with translation aids but I miss so much that way, so this is really appreciated. And the map looks like you found the place for me. My job is to find where the records are and I can't wait to find them!!!

Thanks to all who offered information.

Michelle
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 am      Post subject: Gostyn

OK, I see the Google map link and tried it and it works like a charm!! Very helpful site. I love it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: