PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:30 am      Post subject: Looking for Kowalski in Poland and USA

Hello!

I'm looking for my relatives who left Poland a few years ago. My grandfather (Andrzej Kowalski, born October 20, 1909 or 1910 in Poland) left Poland in 1929. He embarked alone in Amsterdam and arrived in Brazil in August 1929. He married in 1935 with Josefa Kruszinski (Brazilian) lived in Porto Alegre and in Butiá, both cities of the state of Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil and died in 1952. The only information we have about his family is that he had a brother (Adolf Kowalski or Rodolf Kowalski) who left Poland for the United States (probably Michigan). The brothers communicated by letter, but we no longer have the correspondences that were exchanged. The names of his parents were Estanislau Kowalski and Maria Kowalski. The spellings of the names may vary depending on the different countries and it is also possible that they have had more siblings, but we are not sure of that information. If anyone has family members who may be from this same family, please contact them.

Thank you!
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:03 am      Post subject: Re: Looking for Kowalski in Poland and USA

Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

I'm looking for my relatives who left Poland a few years ago. My grandfather (Andrzej Kowalski, born October 20, 1909 or 1910 in Poland) left Poland in 1929. He embarked alone in Amsterdam and arrived in Brazil in August 1929. He married in 1935 with Josefa Kruszinski (Brazilian) lived in Porto Alegre and in Butiá, both cities of the state of Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil and died in 1952. The only information we have about his family is that he had a brother (Adolf Kowalski or Rodolf Kowalski) who left Poland for the United States (probably Michigan). The brothers communicated by letter, but we no longer have the correspondences that were exchanged. The names of his parents were Estanislau Kowalski and Maria Kowalski. The spellings of the names may vary depending on the different countries and it is also possible that they have had more siblings, but we are not sure of that information. If anyone has family members who may be from this same family, please contact them.

Thank you!

Oi, Angela

Just guessing: the link below shows an Andrzej Kowalski born in 1909, but doesn't shown his parents name. However, 257 births occured there in 1909, which performs about 21 births per month (average). Therefore, October births would start around nr. 210 and this Andrzej is nr. 219. http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=13sk&rid=3619&search_lastname=kowalski&search_name=andrzej&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1909&to_date=1909

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Angela Monteiro

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:45 am      Post subject: Re: Looking for Kowalski in Poland and USA

Magroski49 wrote:
Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

Thank you!

Oi, Angela

Just guessing: the link below shows an Andrzej Kowalski born in 1909, but doesn't shown his parents name. However, 257 births occured there in 1909, which performs about 21 births per month (average). Therefore, October births would start around nr. 210 and this Andrzej is nr. 219. http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=13sk&rid=3619&search_lastname=kowalski&search_name=andrzej&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1909&to_date=1909

Gilberto

Olá Gilberto!

Como vi que és do Brasil vou escrever em português. Eu vi esse registro e também encontrei outro no mesmo site, porém com o nascimento em 1910 em Gnojno. Verifiquei no site metryki.genealodzy.pl alguns livros de registros, porém para esses locais e épocas não há os livros disponíveis.Sabes outros locais onde posso encontrar esses registros?

Vou aproveitar essa conversa para perguntar outra coisa. O único documento que tenho do meu avô é esse certificado sanitário que coloco em anexo. Ele foi emitido em Zamosc, mas não sei se havia alguma orientação para emissão, se eram emitidos na localidade onde residiam, se havia um único local para emissão, se há algum local que mantém os registros de saída desses emigrantes. Sabes algo sobre isso?

Desde já agradeço!
Abraços

Angela

Certificado Sanitário.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Certificado Sanitário.pdf
 Filesize:  222.55 KB
 Downloaded:  261 Time(s)

Certificado Sanitário.pdf
 Description:
Certificado sanitário Andrzej Kowalski

Download
 Filename:  Certificado Sanitário.pdf
 Filesize:  222.55 KB
 Downloaded:  287 Time(s)

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 am      Post subject: Re: Looking for Kowalski in Poland and USA

Angela Monteiro wrote:
Magroski49 wrote:
Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

Thank you!

Oi, Angela

Gilberto

Olá Gilberto!

Como vi que és do Brasil vou escrever em português. Eu vi esse registro e também encontrei outro no mesmo site, porém com o nascimento em 1910 em Gnojno. Verifiquei no site metryki.genealodzy.pl alguns livros de registros, porém para esses locais e épocas não há os livros disponíveis.Sabes outros locais onde posso encontrar esses registros?

Vou aproveitar essa conversa para perguntar outra coisa. O único documento que tenho do meu avô é esse certificado sanitário que coloco em anexo. Ele foi emitido em Zamosc, mas não sei se havia alguma orientação para emissão, se eram emitidos na localidade onde residiam, se havia um único local para emissão, se há algum local que mantém os registros de saída desses emigrantes. Sabes algo sobre isso?

Desde já agradeço!
Abraços

Angela

Angela,

I prefer to keep this conversation in english, for one single reason: one never knows when a member of a given family came across a reference found...here! Well, that said: both birth records (1909 and 1910) can be found in http://metryki.genbaza.pl/genbaza,list,1,1 under AP Kielce and AP Sandomierz. However, I have checked both Andrzejs and their parents are Dominik and Katarzyna (1909) and Jan and Maryanna (1910).

Since Zamosc is in lubelskie (there are many Zamosc and I assume it is this one) another database is http://regestry.lubgens.eu/news.php but they have not results for 1909.

Another database covering parishes (catholic, jewish, greek) in Zamosc area you can see here, but there are no records online for 1909 and 1910. I did find 2 Kowalski born in 1912, so I thought they could be brothers to Andrzej. Unfortunately, parents names are different. http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/search?q=zamosc%20XTYPEro:zesp%20XSKANro:t&rpp=15&order=&page=1

My assumption is that Zamosc, being a major city in the area, was the place these sort of certificates were issued, which is not to say Andrzej. If he was born in a nearby place, you will search will have to cover all parishes (say, in a 20 mile ratio) in Zamosc area.

Where did you find his arrival on August 1929?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Angela Monteiro

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:34 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for Kowalski in Poland and USA

Magroski49 wrote:
Angela Monteiro wrote:
Magroski49 wrote:
Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

Thank you!

Oi, Angela

Gilberto

Olá Gilberto!

Desde já agradeço!
Abraços

Angela

Angela,

I prefer to keep this conversation in english, for one single reason: one never knows when a member of a given family came across a reference found...here! Well, that said: both birth records (1909 and 1910) can be found in http://metryki.genbaza.pl/genbaza,list,1,1 under AP Kielce and AP Sandomierz. However, I have checked both Andrzejs and their parents are Dominik and Katarzyna (1909) and Jan and Maryanna (1910).

Since Zamosc is in lubelskie (there are many Zamosc and I assume it is this one) another database is http://regestry.lubgens.eu/news.php but they have not results for 1909.

Another database covering parishes (catholic, jewish, greek) in Zamosc area you can see here, but there are no records online for 1909 and 1910. I did find 2 Kowalski born in 1912, so I thought they could be brothers to Andrzej. Unfortunately, parents names are different. http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/search?q=zamosc%20XTYPEro:zesp%20XSKANro:t&rpp=15&order=&page=1

My assumption is that Zamosc, being a major city in the area, was the place these sort of certificates were issued, which is not to say Andrzej. If he was born in a nearby place, you will search will have to cover all parishes (say, in a 20 mile ratio) in Zamosc area.

Where did you find his arrival on August 1929?

Gilberto

Gilberto,

He arrived at the port of Rio de Janeiro in August 1929. I have the passenger list and his landing certificate, but it does not bring the city of origin only says he embarked in Amsterdam and Polish nationality, age, name and profession.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: