PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 372, 373, 374  Next
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 110

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much for this very comprehensive translation! This helps me to reach back farther in time than I could have imagined.

Poor Agnieszka...seems to have had a solitary life at the end. At least now, she is remembered!

Thank you!
Joe

vbstar2010
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 257

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:48 pm      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:
please of possible to assist with the translation of four BMD records
all of which in 19th century Polish ; 3 from the city/town Zakroczym and one from the village of Klimontow in the south.

many thanks

===

Working on however the first record you posted for Fajga Brawerman 1849 is actually a birth record for Szaja Lejb, son of Szmul Mendel Zychilin and his wife Estera.
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 pm      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:
please of possible to assist with the translation of four BMD records
all of which in 19th century Polish ; 3 from the city/town Zakroczym and one from the village of Klimontow in the south.

many thanks

===

For future, if these records are available online, rather than upload an image, you can just post the link and let us know which record # you would like translated along with any other known information.

Date of record: Klimontów, 3/15 September 1845, 11:00 a.m.
Witnesses: Haskiel Bursztyn, synagogue sexton, age 33, and Kalman Ferger, second synagogue sextion, age 43, residing in Klimontów
Deceased: on 2/14 September this year at 5:00 p.m. Moszek Ferber died, age 5, son of Zelik and Zysa, day-laborers residing in Klimontów

Date of record: Zakroczym, 12/24 December 1845, 4:00 p.m.
Father: Michel Brawerman, day-laborer, age 38, residing in the village of Blędówko
Witnesses: Hersz Naparstek, age 44, and Mendel Broun/Brown?, age 45, both synagogue sextons residing in the city of Zakroczym
Child: a male child named Beniamin born in the village of Blędówko yesterday at 9:00 p.m.
Mother: Fajga, age 32

Date of record: Zakroczym, 13/25 November 1852, 8:00 a.m., local rabbi Rafal Lewenthal
Witnesses: Hersz Naparstek, synagogue sexton, age 50, and Lejzor Abramowicz, synagogue guard, age 49, residing in Zakroczym
Date of marriage: a religious marriage took place yesterday
Groom: Aron Goldberg, bachelor, tailor, age 26, residing in the village of Trębki Duże in the gmina/commune of Wroninko, born in the village of Sochocin [son] of Berko and Hana the spouses Goldberg day-laborers already deceased
Bride: Miss Ruchla Brawerman, age 17, living with her parents, born in the village os Psucin [daughter] of Michał and Fajga the spouses Brawerman day-laborers residing in the village of Goławice
Banns: 23 October/8 November, 1/13, and 8/20 November this year

Regards,
Valerie
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation of marriage -Krystyan Hilary Jozef and Eva J

ironhide781 wrote:
Could someone please translate this marriage record? It's between Krystyan Hilary Jozef and Eva Janke, in Kepa Kikolska, Poland, in 1835. Thank you!

===

Hi, thought you might like to know that the uploaded image basically only shows the groom's portion of the marriage record. There should be language above and below or on the next page.

Groom: Krystian Hilary Józef, bachelor, Evangelical religion, farmer in Kępa Kikolska, age 19, born in Kępa Kikolska, son of the late Hilary Józef and Elżbieta nee Müller
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:24 pm      Post subject:

JDombrowski89 wrote:
Greetings,

Looking to have these two marriage records translated as I'm having difficult reading them. If possible I would also like the Polish text provided as well so I can use this to try to read these records on my own later.

Thank you for your time,

Justin

===

Hi Justin,

These are some very tough records to decipher and I'm not sure if I got it all but here's my best shot. Additions/corrections welcome. With time permitting, I'm only able to offer summary translations. Most records follow a format and Aga Paulus put this "how to" instruction guide to help with deciphering records -- https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=3742

Date of record: 31 January/12 February 1839, 4:00 p.m.
Witnesses: peasant farmer Adam Rykowski, steward ____ there residing, age 40, and Józef Osiecki, footman/valet here in Czernice residing, age 22
Groom: Jan Brzozowski, bachelor, servant _____ residing in Czernice, born in the village of Brwilno, son of Józef and Brygida the spouses Brzozowski residing in Grzybowo estate supervisor, age 20
Bride: Miss Teofil, daughter of Mikołaj and Katarzyna nee Samborska the spouses Sobotowski residing in Czernice working in the kitchen?, age 25, born in Płock and residing with parents in Czernice
Banns: 1/13, 8/20, and 15/27 January this year

Date of record: Przasnysz, 23 September/5 October 1841, 6:00 p.m.
Witnesses: Karol Roziewicz, age 40, gardener residing in Szlasy, and Jan Brzozowski, age 26, estate supervisor residing in the village Łanięta
Groom: Stanisław Karwowski, bachelor, age 24, son of the late Józef Karwowski and still living Scholastyka nee Włodkowska spouses residing in the village of Karwacz in the parish of Dobrzankowo?, residing in Karwacz, Catholic, working as a gardener
Bride: Miss Maryanna Sobotowska, living with her parents in the village of Sierakowo, daughter of Mikołaj Sobotowski and Katarzyna nee Szamborska spouses, age 17, Catholic
Banns: 31 August/12 September, 7/19, & 14/26 September

Regards,
Valerie
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:01 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage record Zofia Chobot? Part 1

crispm28 wrote:
Hello,
I am submitting what I believe to be a marriage record for my 3X great grandmother, Zofia Chobot for a translation. The original is too large so I am submitting it in two parts. I hope that is alright.
Thank you in advance for your great service.
Christine

===

Hi Christine,

I didn't see if you had gotten a translation yet to your request so here's a summary.

Date of record: Dworszowice Narodowe?, 15 January 1824
Groom: Walenty Piorkowski, bachelor, according to a certificate excerpted from the books of the Dworszowice parish church, age 19, living with his brother, accompanied by his mother Zuzanna nee Taranko Piorkowska because jan Piorkowski, his father is 12 years dead
Bride: Miss Zofia Chobotówka (Chobot), according to certificate excerpted from the books of the Dworszowice parish church, she has finished her 21st year of age, accompanied by her brother Stanisław Olejnik because her mother Marcyanna Chobotówka (Chobot) has been dead for years
Banns: first on the 4th of January and second on the 11th of January
Witnesses: Piotr Piorkowski, full brother, age 36, and Wawrzyniec Taranko, age 38, cousin (son of mother's brother), also Grzegorz Czajkowski, bride's godfather, age 55, and Stanisław Olejnik, cousin (son of mother's sister), age 36, farmers residing on the farm in Dworszowice Narodowe?

Note: Stanisław is said to be a brother above but then in list of witnesses it specifically calls him a cousin as I noted.

Regards,
Valerie
crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am      Post subject: Marriage record Zofia Chobot

Dear Valeri, Thank you for replying to my request. I had given up hope for a translation since I originally posted in May, then again in June. I am very grateful for your dedication to this work.
Christine
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:36 pm      Post subject: Re: Miastkowo Records

jwozniak wrote:
Hi,

Thanks so much for the previous translations.

Could I please get a translation of these 3 records? (Marianna Wozniak's death record is on 2 pages)

Also, I don't need a translation for the last record (#39), but I was wondering if I could get some help reading the name. It looks like Mierzy, but I'm not sure if that's right (I've never seen this name). Is it a boy or a girl?

Thank you very much,
Josh

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=34641#34641

Didn't see that you had received a translation yet --

Date of record: 6 February 1820
Groom: Walenty Murawski, bachelor, peasant farmer in the village Zaruzie serving and living and there residing (very confusing language), age 28 according to birth certificate from Miastkowo parish books born 27 January 1792, son of the late Józef and Marcyanna nee Załuska Murawski peasant farmers, master blacksmith in Zaruzie residing (again confusing because above it says he is a peasant farm servant), accompanied by Jan Murawski, peasant, master blacksmith residing in Zaruzie, his brother
Bride: Miss Maryanna Wieczorek, having completed her 19th year of age according to birth certificate from Miastkowo parish books born 5 October 1800, so far living with her parents, accompanied by her father Jakub Wieczorek, peasant farmer residing in the village of Kuleszka and mother Agnieszka nee Kulaszewska
Banns: first on the 16th and second on the 23rd of January
Witnesses: Jan Murawski, age 40, and Walenty Murawski, full brothers of the groom, Mateusz Zaborowski, age 41, peasant farmer residing in Kuleszka, neighbor of the bride, Jakub Wieczorek, age 48, father of the bride, Stanisław Puchala, age 28, peasant farmer in Kuleszka, neighbor of bride

Date of record: Miastkowo, 20 June 1813
Witnesses: Andrzej Prażych and Batary (Batazar?) Prażych, peasant farmers residing in Miastkowo, brothers of the deceased
Deceased: today in Miastkow at house #22 at 3:00 a.m. Maryanna Woźniak died, married woman, age 48, a farmer's wife of Stanisław Woźniak, peasant farmer residing in the village Miastkowo, day-laborer, living still

Date of record: Budy Miastkowo, 6 October 1815
Witnesses: Piotr Gad___ski, and Mikołaj Szymczak, peasant farmers residing in Budy Miastkowo, neighbors of the deceased
Deceased: today at house #35 at 4:00 a.m. Mikołaj Piorkowski died, age 60, married, master cooper residing in Budy Miastkowo
vbstar2010

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm      Post subject: Re: Siemiatkowski marriage translation

starkey76 wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could translate the marriage between Tomasz Jablonski and Marianna Siemiatkowski from 1822 #11, I think its on the 2 pages. I was hoping it gave parents names. Thanks in advance.
John

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=34582#34582

These were too hard to read but I was able to find the record on Geneteka to view original scans online. It's always best, if the record can be found online, to post a link, as well as provide all indexed information.

This record includes the two announcements (banns) followed by the marriage certificate. As info from announcement restated in the marriage record, I'll provide summary of marriage.

Date of record: 30 October 1822
Groom: Tomasz Jabłoński, age 20, bachelor, according to a certificate excerped from the books of the Babice parish church born 19 December 1802, son of Wojciech and Apolonia nee Wojciechowska the spouses Jabłoński, farmers of the village Latchorzew, both already deceased
Bride: Miss Marianna Siemiątkowska, age 16, according to a certificate excerped from the books of the Babice parish church born 5 October 1806, daughter of Błażej and Agnieszka nee Łuczak the spouses Siemiątkowski, farmers residing in Latchorzew
Banns: first on the 19th of September and second on the 6th of October
Witnesses: Błażej Pająkowski, age 37, farmer in Latchorzew, Jan Łuczak, age 26, farmer in Babice, Bartłomiej Zala?, age 60, farmer, and Wojciech Siemiątkowski, age 30, farmer residing in Latchorzew

Regards,
Valerie
ironhide781

Replies: 36

Post Posted: 5 Days ago at 1:14 am      Post subject: Krystyan Hilary Jozef and Eva Janke marriage

My apologies, I posted an incomplete picture of this marriage record. I would like a translation of the marriage on the left side, for Krystyan Jozef and Eva Janke, from Nowy Dwor in 1835. Thank you!

Krystyan Hilary Jozef and Eve Janke marriage record - 1835.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.29 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Krystyan Hilary Jozef and Eve Janke marriage record - 1835.jpg

starkey76

Replies: 133

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:58 pm      Post subject:

Valerie,
I'll start posting the links instead of the scan.
Thanks
John
starkey76

Replies: 133

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:02 pm      Post subject: Jagaczewski death

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could translate this death record. I'm hoping it listed parents and wife to help clarify between Jacek/Elzbieta and Jakub/Monika that I've tracked back. It's #31 and goes onto next page.

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0247d&sy=1819&kt=6&plik=029-031.jpg#zoom=2.1965317919075144&x=0&y=1100

I think I also found Monika's death, but don't see the scan when I click the link, #51. I see it on the index page though.

Sifting through, think I found it on a scan called 51a under 1816. goes onto next page.

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0247d&sy=1816&kt=8&plik=046-051.jpg#zoom=1&x=1844&y=2212

Thanks
John

Edit: I think the 1817 death of Monika might be an infant born in 1817. I have 2 Jakub's in my tree, 1 has 5 children with Monika until 1791, and then another 3 more children with Rozalia from 1794-1801. I think they are the same Jakub and he was Jacek's brother. Also noticed a Rozalia "Jagaciewski" on the entry before Jacek death in 1819, #30.

Last edited by starkey76 on 16 hours ago at 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
mcdonald0517
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 400

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:34 pm      Post subject: Please Translate birth record

Hello Valerie,

When you have the opportunity, I would greatly appreciate a translation for this birth record. I am fairly certain it is for Jozefa Kaminska.

Thank you!
Cynthia

1855-175 Jozefa Kaminska birth.jpg
 Description:
1855-175 Jozefa Kaminska birth
 Filesize:  453.57 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1855-175 Jozefa Kaminska birth.jpg

Send e-mail
vbstar2010

Post Posted: 7 hours ago at 11:35 pm      Post subject: Re: Please Translate birth record

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello Valerie,

When you have the opportunity, I would greatly appreciate a translation for this birth record. I am fairly certain it is for Jozefa Kaminska.

Thank you!
Cynthia

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=34845#34845

Hi Cynthia,

Here's a summary. I'm sorry but I'm not certain of the father's occupation.

Date of record: Nasielsk?, 20 November/2 December 1855, 4:00 p.m.
Father: Feliks Kamiński, age 30, "szelmacz"? of Nasielsk
Witnesses: Aleksander Skwarczyński, cooper, age 29, and Józef Rogoziński, shoemaker, age 31, residing in Nasielsk
Child: a female named Józefa born in Nasielsk on 13/25 November this year at 2:00 p.m.
Mother: Jadwiga nee Skwarczyńska, age 31
Godparents: Józef Rogoziński and Maryanna Łukasiewicz

Regards,
Valerie
vbstar2010

Post Posted: 7 hours ago at 11:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Jagaczewski death

starkey76 wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could translate this death record. I'm hoping it listed parents and wife to help clarify between Jacek/Elzbieta and Jakub/Monika that I've tracked back. It's #31 and goes onto next page.

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0247d&sy=1819&kt=6&plik=029-031.jpg#zoom=2.1965317919075144&x=0&y=1100

I think I also found Monika's death, but don't see the scan when I click the link, #51. I see it on the index page though.

Sifting through, think I found it on a scan called 51a under 1816. goes onto next page.

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0247d&sy=1816&kt=8&plik=046-051.jpg#zoom=1&x=1844&y=2212

Thanks
John

Edit: I think the 1817 death of Monika might be an infant born in 1817. I have 2 Jakub's in my tree, 1 has 5 children with Monika until 1791, and then another 3 more children with Rozalia from 1794-1801. I think they are the same Jakub and he was Jacek's brother. Also noticed a Rozalia "Jagaciewski" on the entry before Jacek death in 1819, #30.

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=34844#34844

Hi John,

Had some problems reading the handwriting in order to determine surnames for the second link.

Date of record: Łanięta, 29 October 1819
Witnesses: peasants Karol Putrzak, village administrator, and Jakub Putrzak, neighbor, both residing in the village of Łanięta
Deceased: yesterday at 3:00 p.m. Jacek Jagaciewski died, widower, age 70, in house #8

Date of record: Kaki, 28 December 1816
Witnesses: Stanisław Nied____ski, son-in-law, and Ambroży Nicgorski, neighbor, farmers residing in the village Kaki
Deceased: yesterday at 1:00 a.m. Monika Jagaciewska? died, widow, age 70, at the home of her son-in-law at #11

Regards,
Valerie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 372, 373, 374  Next Page 373 of 374

Jump to: