PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 pm      Post subject: Looking for Krupa family name around Kracow

Hello,
My great grandfather was born and raised in Austria/Poland/Galicia. Possibly born in or around Tarnow or Kracow about 1860. His name was John/Jan Stanislaus Krupa. Parents were Albert/Wojciech Krupa and Agnes/Agnieszka Pluta. I do not know if he had siblings. He came to America in 1885 (according to 1900 Census). He was married to a Catherine Ruda, born about 1861 and had a son, John Steve Krupa born about 1883 in Austria/Poland. They settled in Bremond, TX where they had a daughter (Apolonia) born in 1888. They moved on to Omaha, Nebraska where they had more children. Catherine died in 1897 during childbirth, and Stanley remarried (Clara Litwinski) in 1898. They also had several children together. Stanley died in 1906 after being killed by a train.

I pretty well know all about them in this country, but I am at a brickwall with finding out more about this family when they were still in Poland. I have not been able to find out if they traveled together or which port they may have came into when they arrived in America. Some records that I have looked at are so vague with information that I don't know if it is my GGF or not. There was no baptism info attached to his and Clara's marriage license (they were all Catholic). I have ordered copies of marriage, birth and death certificates, gotten copies of church records in Omaha, and copies of internment records and anything else I can think of! The only info listed is "Poland". Because of the time of his death (1906), there is no information about his past on his Naturalization papers. I have tried for almost a year to track this man back to Poland and have had no luck. If you could offer me any help, guidance, suggestion or support I would appreciate it. Thank you for listing!
Send e-mail
All Polska

Replies: 48

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:27 pm      Post subject:

Hi mmiles1960,

I do not know if I can help you or not, but it may, or give you a lead. I was raised in New Kensington, PA. My Hereda/Sokolowski/Grzymala/Yorkov Polish families all came from Poland and/or Polish Austria. Some from around Krakow and some Galicia.

My dad's Hereda family would only use the John F. Krupa Funeral Home. I attended the St. Mary of Czestochowa Roman Catholic Church, as did all my Polish family & I attended their Catholic School. The krupa family were members of our church. So, you might be able to get some info from either one of these resources. Recently, my dad's last sibling died. Since I live 5 states away, I couldn't attend. When I called Krupa's Funeral Home, they laminated my uncle's obituary and mailed it to me. I am the one doing the family genealogy, so it was very helpful. I greatly appreciated it!

John F. Krupa Funeral Home, 1000 Freeport Rd. New Kensington, PA 15068 (724) 337-7504

St. Mary RC Church, 857 Kenneth Ave. New Kensington, PA 15068 (724) 335-8212
http://stmarynk.org

All Polska
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:33 am      Post subject:

There is a Krupa headstone in the cemetery at Odrowaz. I visited the cemetery in 2009 and took some photos of stones that had portraits attached to the headstones. I can not tell you anything about the family, or whether more Krupa stones are in the cemetery. The only reason I have this photo is because it had a photograph of the men buried at that site.

You can read more about Odrowaz here:
http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=381

I hope that this might help your search. I've attached the photo for you.
Shellie

Krupa.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.27 KB
 Viewed:  9117 Time(s)

Krupa.jpg

Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for Krupa family name around Kracow

mmiles1960 wrote:
Hello,
My great grandfather was born and raised in Austria/Poland/Galicia. Possibly born in or around Tarnow or Kracow about 1860. His name was John/Jan Stanislaus Krupa. Parents were Albert/Wojciech Krupa and Agnes/Agnieszka Pluta. I do not know if he had siblings. He came to America in 1885 (according to 1900 Census). He was married to a Catherine Ruda, born about 1861 and had a son, John Steve Krupa born about 1883 in Austria/Poland. They settled in Bremond, TX where they had a daughter (Apolonia) born in 1888. They moved on to Omaha, Nebraska where they had more children. Catherine died in 1897 during childbirth, and Stanley remarried (Clara Litwinski) in 1898. They also had several children together. Stanley died in 1906 after being killed by a train.

I pretty well know all about them in this country, but I am at a brickwall with finding out more about this family when they were still in Poland. I have not been able to find out if they traveled together or which port they may have came into when they arrived in America. Some records that I have looked at are so vague with information that I don't know if it is my GGF or not. There was no baptism info attached to his and Clara's marriage license (they were all Catholic). I have ordered copies of marriage, birth and death certificates, gotten copies of church records in Omaha, and copies of internment records and anything else I can think of! The only info listed is "Poland". Because of the time of his death (1906), there is no information about his past on his Naturalization papers. I have tried for almost a year to track this man back to Poland and have had no luck. If you could offer me any help, guidance, suggestion or support I would appreciate it. Thank you for listing!

I hsve cousin Sophia Parzygnat Krupa who married Casimer Krupa in Poland. I was looking for their address but can't find them. I came across this website which might help you find your ancestors'' histories.
Hope this help.

http://www.ancestry.com/facts/Krupa-family-history.ashx

http://distantcousin.com/SurnameResources/Surname.asp?Surname=KRUPA

http://www.surnameweb.org/Krupa/surname-origin.htm
FGill

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:24 am      Post subject: Krupa research

Would the peron who is looking for people in the Krupa family please contact me at e-mail address [email protected] ..my grandparents were Krupa's from Galicia... Kolbuzowa, Pustkow Frank Gill
MarionKrupa

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:51 pm      Post subject:

My grandfather was Walter Stanislaus Krupa also from Galicia.
dani455

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:09 am      Post subject:

My grandparents were from Poland. They came to Argentina in 1927 and married on the ship. They settled in Don Torcuato, Buenos Aires. My grandfather (Jose Ozga) was from Galicia and my grandmother (Stephanie Kruppa) of Warsaw. My grandfather died in 1987 and my grandmother in 1985. Here are still three of his daughters (Teresa, Ana and Cristina). Sonia and Joseph, unfortunately, have died.
Greetings.
[email protected]

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:09 pm      Post subject:

to all you Krupa relatives. have any of you done a DNA test? if so,please contact me at [email protected].
my grandmother, Anna Siwik(Sivik,Sywyk) nee Lusik was born in 1878. she came to America in 1902 through Ellis island. she seemed to be traveling with one "Kazarina Krupa" and their destination was Kazarina's brother,Anton Krupa, who lived in Carnegie,Penn.(a S>W> suburb of Pittsburg). per AllPolska,there was a Krupa funeral home in New Kensington,Penn(a N.E. suburb). i have not been able to track either Kazarina or Anton.
per Shellie, she posted a pic of "Krupa's" from a cemetery in"Odrowaz,Poland".
i have a copy of a "essay" that near as i can figure my grandmother dictated to my uncle Tony. in this essay she stated that her mother's maiden name was "Krupa" and that she was from "Sienawa". according to my map of Poland,there are three different "Sienawa's". one was in the north,so i discounted that one. one was near N.W. of Przemysl ,so this was a possibility,the other was ,according to my map, in section M-15. Odrowaz,the cemetery,was also in section M-15. Odrowaz and Sienawa are only a few miles from one another.
i know nothing more of my g-grandmother's family other than her grandfather was dark and swarthy.. but it seems i'm related from the Krupa's from the cemetery i Odrowaz.
thanks,diana nsumislawski
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: