PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:56 am      Post subject: Help with finding a town in poland - Słubice?

Two-week trip to Hawaii with Dakine! Shoots, Brudda, I'm concerning this. The fundamental question in my opinion was, how could we justify this? I've had the knowledge a few occasions, there is not lots of skate spots. All teams visit for virtually any skate/vacation. Lots of skateparks, a pool scene that's hard to break the code to, and street spots that are whether bust or presently have all the methods logged. what size of skateboard should i get

The trip started off for virtually any week in Honolulu. The crew was Chris Haslam, Paul Machnau, Sierra Fellers, and Brent Atchley. Sierra and myself had just become from Nz and australia before departing regarding this trip, in addition to individuals other crew were inside the cold Northwest.

They'd the seaside house rented out for that week over the Northern Coast directly across from Pipeline. Around the doorstep was Cholo's compound combined with the new Northern Coast concrete skatepark. It absolutely was hot and moist, therefore the agenda became awaken early, go to the beach, and swimming at like 8 am.

Or find some coffee and breakfast, maybe begin the rock at Waimea Bay. Then demonstrated as much as visit skating. We did laps within the island trying to check out different spots although it was hot out. Plenty of occasions it absolutely was to be much like, "Fuck it, let's go to the beach," however we discovered some rad spots and in addition it switched into " the shore, let's skate." Scott, the TM for Dakine, had this program pretty relaxed. You have to in Hawaii, right? Hang on, how extended can lots of dudes hang in the ocean together when there are many places to skate?

Graveside DIY project reaches its third phase. We found this out as we visited skate it one mid-day but got humbled. A factor which goes lower because place is gnarly as hell. We spent roughly one hour getting tossed around as opposed to got an opportunity to return. I would like no under each week simply to uncover the lines, bumps, protuberances, and holes.

Combined with tranny, dying boxes, corners, and coping. It's a really sick put the locals needed over and did their own factor with, not conforming for your public skatepark hype. Customized with BBQ pits over the deck combined with the whole nine yards. Just hearing who did what where inside was enough that will assist you appear like a pussy across the skateboard.

We have reached Cholo's compound one evening as they came back towards the city. Skating the bowls combined with the small-ramps was I a thrilling time--he'd lights ready you will notice a session happening 'til late. Clearly, just hospitality.

Look Into HAWAII? The surfing. "Yeah, Brudda, you have to come searching. We'll demonstrate what's happening.In . Yeah right, they'll. The locals will be in water just about all day, everyday. We're across the best complete skateboard to buy trip therefore we fide skateboards. A number of us made an appearance surfing--or may i say paddling around within the ocean watching the guides rip up.

It isn't like i had been when using the surfers to 13-stair handrails and gaps, allowing them to know they have to skate around. Nevertheless it absolutely was awesome coping with appear like a fool in water just like a couple of within the locals yelled out things like "We elevated here which means you travelled here. Beat it, haoles!" I guess we stuck out like sore thumbs. Would it not are really Haslam surfing in jeans that have been cut acquiring a blade roughly the ankles and tied acquiring a shoestring, picking out the film Castaway with Tom Hanks.

Over the second week inside the trip, we travelled to Maul Same drill: Beach house in Paia Bay, acquiring a skatepark fight all the time. There is more spots in Oahu than Maui, therefore we handled enough the photos there. But Maui had more to supply than we expected. We met some locals who was simply ripping the skatepark in Kihea, after having a 30-pack together they were lower to exhibit us the island's spots.

Handrails, more ditches, some concrete parks, and abandoned truck beds stored us busy within the last couple of days in the-week vacation over the islands. It absolutely was among individuals journeys that no-one selected over depart, specifically in your opinions for that shitty winter. Of skate journeys a person finishes inside a couple of sewer-ridden ditch with dead rats, or perhaps a couple of ghetto neighborhood school wishing the tools doesn't get jacked. But every occasionally when you are getting lucky. Big due to Scott and Dakine for linking lots of days. Let's book them tickets again for get, Brudda!

SEANZO & Boy

WE Started WITH SEANZO in north of manchester Shore. He elevated up skating when using the Phelper over the Colonial, and he's resided in Hawaii within the last 15 years. We hit him up for whatever pools he may take us to without getting shut inside the scene, ditches that have been around. along with other things looked awesome to ride that individuals don't skate much or find out about. Like the abandoned small-course that arrived on the scene as though a skatepark inside the mid-'70s. I've not skated somewhat-course just like it. not too I've ever performed small-golf across the course with snake runs and bowls either. Just what a wild place. While using finish inside the session i had been kicked out, and before we understood it baseballs were flying at us within the driving range. Just what a coincidence.

Seanzo's 12-year-old boy might be a skate rat. and hubby had some rails and street spots for people. The youthful combined with the old already been through it covered. Machnau's visited Hawaii on numerous skate journeys, so he understood about a lot of the spots too. The sun's sun rays, about 2 demos, encircled by great water, the seaside house. BBQ's every evening, awesome people, and extremely no schedule. Too may distractions more than an ordinary skate trip this can be considered a hard one. What Size Skateboard good for an 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 year old

Last edited by tranthe on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:06 am      Post subject: Re: Help with finding a town in poland

tranthe wrote:
I am trying to find this town and I am unable to locate it. The town name is on the left and also under Josefa's name. The image is from a ship manifest. Other relatives that came over also list the same town name. To me it looks like Slubice. But I am quessing that the person filling out the ship registry wrote the town name like it sounds and not like it is actually spelled in polish. The ship manifest is from 1912. Also it says that the race of the person is Polish, last pernament residence country is Warsaw, then town Slubice. Other relative record says race of person is Polish, last pernament residence is Russia, then town of Slubice. I found a town called slubice on the far western border of poland by Frankfurt but that is no where near Warsaw, and that would not have been under russian borders that far west? Or would it? Passed down stories and obituaries in the family have said that the relatives were from the Warsaw area. Which would lead me to believe that the Slubice by Frankfurt is not the right town. Any help or other places I should look for information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

No file or link attached. Warsaw was not only the city by then, but also a province.
Słubice
woj. mazowieckie
pow. płocki
gmina Słubice (siedziba)
1210 osób
kod: 09-5

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: