PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:01 am      Post subject: Polish citizenship while working in Poland as foreigner?

Can you tell me where I should go to obtain Polish citizenship? Can I expect any benefits if my grandmother and grandfather were Polish citizens??
Thank you!

Last edited by charlie0 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
aleksanderz
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:24 am      Post subject:

Do you have any documents concerning your grandparents?

This document might help you: https://mswia.gov.pl/en/document/ways-of-acquiring-poli/793,Ways-of-acquiring-Polish-citizenship.pdf

Some of the paragraphs there could interest you. F.e. "a foreigner residing continuously on the territory of the Republic of Poland for at least 2 years, pursuant to an establishment permit, which he was granted in relation with his/her Polish origin."

I suppose the best way of getting Polish citizenship would be by having it granted by Polish authorities (with previously sending a request for it) or by being recognized as Polish citizen (some criteria need to be met, mostly concerning your time of residence in Poland).

I would suggest having an appointment with a local lawyer for consultations, he would know best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: