PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with Translation - photos

Magroski49 wrote:
Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

I need help with this translation. In the search for documents that show us something about our grandfather who emigrated from Poland in 1929, we find two photos of the wake of a child, by the physiognomy of the adults present at this funeral, I believe it is some relatives who stayed in Poland. However, we can not translate all the words or the names of people. Could you help us with that?

We are finding each day a little more of this story and we are happy about it!

Thank you for the help!

Angela

s.p. = świętej pamięci = of sacred memory
pozostawił pamiec dla ..szesnego = left a memory
Henryk Tylak, deceased November 30, 1948.
kochana rodzino zegnam was na wieki iusz idę do Boga i Bunds (?) imie na wieki = Dear family, I will keep you forever, and I go to God and the Bunds for ever (by Google).
So, no mention to any other given names but Henryk.

Hope this helps a little.
Gilberto

Thank you very much, Gilberto!! =o)
Angela Monteiro

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with Translation

Magroski49 wrote:
Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

I found this piece of paper and would like to confirm the words that are written by hand. It would be "Bitgorajskie" and "y Biszrky" (I did not find this place "Biszrky" on the map of Poland, the closest I came to "Biszcza." Could anyone help me confirm that I correctly understood the spelling of these words?
This document was issued in 1929 and is the back of the Visa from my grandfather to Brazil.

Thank you very much for the help !!

Angela

Angela

It is Biszcza (declensioned form 'zamieskaly w Biszczy)
woj. lubelskie
pow. biłgorajski
gmina Biszcza (siedziba)
1876 osób
kod: 23-425

Gilberto

Thank you very much, Gilberto!! Very Happy
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57 am      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation

Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

Someone could help me with this translation?

I understood some words but i would like to check my translation and some words i didn't understand how to translate. This man is my grandfather's brother how lived in Michigan - USA and problaby her mother.

Thank you very much!

Angela

{Photo 1}

I am sending this effigy of myself to my brother and his family as a token of remembrance.

Janek

{Photo 3}

I am sending to you the photograph taken near the fountain, during the Sunday outing to the park.

Your brother Janek

{Photo 2}

This is the photograph depicting myself and the uncle’s wife in a park.

msbs0563

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 pm      Post subject: Polish Translation

This is my first attempt to translate a Polish document using the template given. Here is what I got so far

"It happened in the town Wasosz (not sure on town) on day (cant get date yet but see dzie?) February, 1846." Took me all morning for that much! I was excited when saw Lutego! I am learning to look for the "ego" for dates. Think if I can spot names and dates, plus ages I get the most important stuff. I can find "lat" and know the age is next, just not good with numbers yet. I see witnesses are next, both males from the "ego" so guessing Josef Chrostowski of Niedzwieckie age ? and Andrea? Sid? of Zalesia, age 20... Marriage between Kazimierus Niedzwiecki born in Niedzwieckie, son of Paul and Maryanna Niecikowska of Niedzwieckie, age ? 40 something I think it is 41 and ("pojedynczy" does that mean single?) Maryanna Godlewska born in Zalesia, daughter of Idziego (Idzi) and Katarzyna Niebrzydowski, she is age 21. Then I see the three banns (trzy zapowiedzi) and that is all I can get.

Could someone help me with what I have done and what I missed? Thank you so much!

Niedzwiecki,Kazimeremarriage1846pg2view.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Niedzwiecki,Kazimeremarriage1846pg2view.jpg

Send e-mail
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:58 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation

msbs0563 wrote:
This is my first attempt to translate a Polish document using the template given. Here is what I got so far

"It happened in the town Wasosz (not sure on town) on day (cant get date yet but see dzie?) February, 1846." Took me all morning for that much! I was excited when saw Lutego! I am learning to look for the "ego" for dates. Think if I can spot names and dates, plus ages I get the most important stuff. I can find "lat" and know the age is next, just not good with numbers yet. I see witnesses are next, both males from the "ego" so guessing Josef Chrostowski of Niedzwieckie age ? and Andrea? Sid? of Zalesia, age 20... Marriage between Kazimierus Niedzwiecki born in Niedzwieckie, son of Paul and Maryanna Niecikowska of Niedzwieckie, age ? 40 something I think it is 41 and ("pojedynczy" does that mean single?) Maryanna Godlewska born in Zalesia, daughter of Idziego (Idzi) and Katarzyna Niebrzydowski, she is age 21. Then I see the three banns (trzy zapowiedzi) and that is all I can get.

Could someone help me with what I have done and what I missed? Thank you so much!

Hi,
Great Job! I would have tried with birth records first, because marriage ones are harder to read.

Lots of Zalesie. You'd have to find a Wasewo? near to see if it matches.
drugiego = declensioned form of drugi. The second
pierwszej po poludniu = at 1 p.m. (end of 3rd. beginning of 4th line)
line 5: ksiadz Roch Wlo... = father/priest Roch + surname I cannot read
Jozef Crostawski. czterdziesci = 40 y.o.
Andrzej Sichorskiego (Sichorski) dwadziesci piec = 25
what you read as Maryanna Niecikowska of Niedzwieckie, seems to me it is Maryanna Niecikowska malzonkow Nieckowskich = the couple Niecikowski
Right below the word Niecikowski I see the word Ojciec = father, so it is something related to Pawel.
Take a look at 5.3 in https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Poland_Civil_Registration

Gilberto
Send e-mail
mlukas

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:05 am      Post subject: Can someone please translate for me?

I have two marriage documents. One between Joseph Bryk and Lenora Skowron, and one between Paul Sroka and Teofilia Skowron.

Sroka-Skowron.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Sroka-Skowron.pdf
 Filesize:  211.35 KB
 Downloaded:  354 Time(s)

Bryk-Skowron.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Bryk-Skowron.pdf
 Filesize:  234.04 KB
 Downloaded:  290 Time(s)

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2783

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Can someone please translate for me?

mlukas wrote:
I have two marriage documents. One between Joseph Bryk and Lenora Skowron, and one between Paul Sroka and Teofilia Skowron.

Hi Marilyn,

These two records are actually prenuptial notes. St. Stanislaus does have many of the actual official marriage records in Latin, which can be found online at Family Search. However, there most likely will be no additional data found there.

As you can tell, the documents contain quite a few abbreviations. I am certain of the meaning of most of the abbreviations, but not all. I will point out those which are not clear to me. The Sroka-Skowron record gives the place of residence of the bride and the groom in Chicago but the street names don’t match any in the neighborhood of St. Stan’s in the 1890s. They appear to be the priest’s interpretation of how what he heard should be spelled. I will list the given names which appear in the records first in Polish and then in the English form.

Attached are maps of two of the three villages listed in the records.

Anyway here are the translations.

Wishing you success in your research,

Dave

Sroka- Skowron Record:

Paweł/Paul Sroka, a single young man, 22 years of age, residing in Chicago for 2 years, living at Lesen 9, the son of Andrzej/Andrew (Sroka) and of Helena/Helen nee Jamrach, born in Jastrząbka* in the powiat (township) of Pilzno in Galicia (i.e. The Austrian Partition); he is able to read and knows the Catechism well.

Teofila/Theophila Skowron, a maiden, 20 years of age, residing in Chicago for 2 years, living at Gremples 8, the daughter of Józef/Joseph (Skowron) and of Katarzyn/Catherine nee Bednarz, born in Jastrząbka*Wiel in Galicia (i.e. the Austrian Partition); she is not able to read but knows the Catechism well.

The marriage license was returned. $1 was paid for the announcement of the banns
The 3 banns were proclaimed: The First on June 29, 1890; The Second on July 6, 1890; The Third on July 13, 1890.
The wedding date is Tuesday, July 15, 1890 (Not sure of the remainder of the line, but my best guess is that the wedding will take place in the church at 9:00 o’clock.)
The witnesses were Wojciech/Adalbert Sadowski and Maciej/Matthias Kowalski.
The marriage was blessed by Rev. Kazimierz Skory(?) on July 15, 1890

Note: *Jastrząbka could be either of two places, Jastrząbka Stara or Jastrząbka Nowa. They are neighbors to each other and both are also the seat of parishes.

Bryk-Skowron Record

Józef/Joseph Bryk, a single young man, 25 years of age, residing in Chicago for 5 years, the son of Tomasz/Thomas (Bryk) and of Zofia/Sophie Wielgosianka from Lisia Góra in Galicia (i.e. The Austrian Partition, powiat (township) of Tarnów; he knows the Catechism well.

Leonora/Lenora Skowron, a maiden, 19 years of age, residing in Chicago for 2 years, the daughter of Józef/Joseph (Skowron) and of Agata/Agatha Staleranka from Sarówka* in Galicia (i.e. The Austrian Partition), powiat (township) of Pilzno; she knows the Catechism well.

License returned; $1 paid for banns.
The banns were proclaimed on October, 9, 1892 and October 16, 1892 and October23, 1892.
The wedding was scheduled for Tuesday, October 25, 1892 in the church at 8:00 o’clock.

The witnesses were 1. Wawrzyniec/Lawrence Skowron and 2. Szczepan/Stephen Jaziwiec(?)

Jan Piechowski blessed the marriage on October 25 (1892).

Note: *I was not able to locate this village.

Screenshot-2017-10-2 mapa szukacz pl - Mapa Polski z planami miast2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB

Screenshot-2017-10-2 mapa szukacz pl - Mapa Polski z planami miast2.png

Screenshot-2017-10-2 mapa szukacz pl - Mapa Polski z planami miast.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

Screenshot-2017-10-2 mapa szukacz pl - Mapa Polski z planami miast.png

mlukas

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:33 pm      Post subject: THANK YOU DAVE!!!! MARILYN

MANY MANY THANKS!
mlukas

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:56 pm      Post subject: 2 "prenuptial" documents

First, of all, thank you so much for translating my two prenuptial documents last week. I am guessing that these two documents are also prenuptial ones?

One is between Andrew Cwik and Stella Ratajczk. I am guessing that is says he is a widower? The second document is between Andrew Cwik and Polly Kurzynski. I cannot make out the rest of the documents.

One last thing. I have several obituaries that I need a good translation on. Even though I am able to decipher the names and relationships, I wanted a complete translation to be able to include with the obituaries for my ancestry.com page. Do you know of anywhere I can send all of this to be translated for a reasonable fee? The translation services I have found online are asking absolutely ridiculous prices. I have approximately 20 obituaries.

Marilyn

Cwik-Kurzynski.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Cwik-Kurzynski.pdf
 Filesize:  201.34 KB
 Downloaded:  291 Time(s)

Cwik-Ratajczk.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Cwik-Ratajczk.pdf
 Filesize:  188.8 KB
 Downloaded:  277 Time(s)

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:43 pm      Post subject: Re: 2 "prenuptial" documents

mlukas wrote:
First, of all, thank you so much for translating my two prenuptial documents last week. I am guessing that these two documents are also prenuptial ones?

One is between Andrew Cwik and Stella Ratajczk. I am guessing that is says he is a widower? The second document is between Andrew Cwik and Polly Kurzynski. I cannot make out the rest of the documents.

One last thing. I have several obituaries that I need a good translation on. Even though I am able to decipher the names and relationships, I wanted a complete translation to be able to include with the obituaries for my ancestry.com page. Do you know of anywhere I can send all of this to be translated for a reasonable fee? The translation services I have found online are asking absolutely ridiculous prices. I have approximately 20 obituaries.

Marilyn

Marilyn,

You are welcome. Yes, they are prenuptial info files. Stella and Polly are not actual English versions of the Polish given names but were English names some women adopted to use in place of their less common actual given names. Apolonia is Apollonia and Stanisława is Stanislava but in an attempt to fit into English speaking society some women used the English names you mentioned.

Street names and addresses in Chicago prior to 1910 do not necessarily correspond to current street names and addresses. In order to eliminate duplicate names after the city annexed much of the surrounding area in 1889 duplicate and triplicate street names were a problem which was solved by a large number of street name changes. In 1909 the numbering system was changed so that all addresses had their starting point at the intersection of State and Madison. Some valuable resources to determine street names and addresses can be found at http://www.alookatcook.com/ Also, old maps showing streets prior to 1910 can be found at https://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~30505~1140032:Chicago

Attached are indeces from the Poznan Project for the marriages of the parents of Andrzej and of his first wife, Apolonia.

Regarding obits...Translators can and often do charge high fees. There is a way to translate obits on your own by the use of simple templates and with a limited vocabulary. Older obits used paradigms with set phraseology just as contemporary obits often do. Funeral directors, both then and now, sent data to a newspaper where an editor put that info into the form the paper commonly used. (About the only way to have a unique obit is for someone to compose it themselves.) If the obits you want translated are from Chicago (Dziennik Chicagoski) there are only a very few forms used by that newspaper. If you would care to post a couple of examples, I would be happy to compose a “do-it-yourself" translation template so that all you would need to do is to insert the particulars which are unique.

Anyway, here are the two translations.

Cwik-Kurzyńska

Andrzej/Andrew Cwik, single young man, 23 years of age, residing in Chicago for 11 years, lives at 32 Cliver* (actually, Cleaver), the son of Szymon/Simon (Cwik) and Maryanna nee Cholarz, born in Lekno in Prussia**, knows catechism well.

Apolonia/Apollonia Kurzyńska, a maiden, 19 years of age, residing in Chicago for 9 years, lives at 46 Bterli(???), the daughter of Ignacy (Kurzyński) & Maryanna nee Wakaryca, born in Dziedno in Prussia**, knows catechism well.

3 Banns: I. Nov. 8, 1891; II. Nov. 15, 1891; III. Blank; $1.00 paid; License returned

Wedding on Wednesday Nov. 25, 1891 in the church at 9:00 o’clock

Witnesses: Wawrzyniec/Lawrence Cwik & Franciszek/Francis Yarka

Rev. Father Jan/John Kasprzycki officiated at the wedding on November 25, 1891

Notes: *Cliver: Phonetic spelling of Cleaver. 32 Cleaver is currently 1131 North Cleaver
**Prussia: way of describing the territory of the German Partition of Poland. Both locations are located in areas under German rule in the 19th Century.

Cwik-Ratajczak

Andrzej/Andrew Cwik, a widower, 28 years of age, the son of Szymon/Simon (Cwik) and Maryanna nee Holasz, born in Łakno, West Prussia, living in Chicago for 17 years; resides at 628 Dickson. His (first) wife died on January 13 in Chicago in the parish of St. Stanislaus Kostka. Three children survived his first wife; he is able to read.

Stanisława/Stanislava* Ratajczak, a maiden, 19 years of age, the daughter of Michał/Michael (Ratajczak) and Katarzyna/Catherine nee Dutkiewicz, born in Obuchowo, Murowana Goślina in Posen/Poznan; her parents reside in Lemont (Illinois) in the parish of Saints Cyril and Methodius; she resides at 84 Division (Street) in Chicago for one year and a half; she is able to read.
License returned (263129 is probably the license number)
(3) 2 Banns: I. May 16; II. May 23, 1897 (The pastor was able to grant a dispensation from 1 announcement of the banns).
Catechism: O.K.
The wedding will be on Saturday, May 29, 1897 at the hour of 10 o’clock in the upper church
The witnesses: 1. Walenty/Valentine Cwik; 2. Piotr/Peter Cwik
Rev. Father J. Krawczynski officiated at the wedding on May 29, 1897.

Note: * The English for Stanisława is Stanislava but some women in the US called themselves Stella because of the similar initial sound of Stanisława and Stella. The English for Stanisław is Stanislaus but some men used the English name Stanley, again due to similar initial letter sounds.

Hope this helps you.

Dave

Screenshot-2017-10-6 Poznan Project-1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.79 KB

Screenshot-2017-10-6 Poznan Project-1.png

Screenshot-2017-10-6 Poznan Project.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.98 KB

Screenshot-2017-10-6 Poznan Project.png

mcdonald0517

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 pm      Post subject: Please translate Czajkowski birth record

Hello,

If someone has the time and expertise, I would appreciate a translation of the attached 1816 birth record for Antoni Dominik Czajkowski born in Gulbiny.

Thank you so much!
Cynthia

1816-7 Antoni Dominik Czajkowski birth.jpg
 Description:
1816-7 Antoni Dominik Czajkowski birth
 Filesize:  203.23 KB

1816-7 Antoni Dominik Czajkowski birth.jpg

Send e-mail
vbstar2010

Replies: 291

Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Please translate Czajkowski birth record

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

If someone has the time and expertise, I would appreciate a translation of the attached 1816 birth record for Antoni Dominik Czajkowski born in Gulbiny.

Thank you so much!
Cynthia

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=35221#35221

Hi Cynthia,

The image quality if very poor. Here's the best I could do --

Date of record: 20 July 1815, 7:00 a.m.
Father: Paweł Czajkowski, servant, age 32, residing in Gulbiny
Child: a male child named Antoni Dominik born at his home at #3 on the 20th of July this year at 4:00 a.m.
Mother: Tekla maiden name Jeryszewska?, age 30
Witnesses: Tomasz Kołodziejski, farmer, age 33, and Walenty Stupiak?, village administrator, age 50, both residing in Gulbiny

Regards,
Valerie
mlukas

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:15 am      Post subject: 2 obituaries need translation

Hi Dave. A couple of weeks back, I mentioned that I needed some translations on several obituaries. You told me that if the obituaries came from the Dziennik Chicagoski, only a few templates are used and that I could translate most of the obituary myself.

<<< If the obits you want translated are from Chicago (Dziennik Chicagoski) there are only a very few forms used by that newspaper. If you would care to post a couple of examples, I would be happy to compose a “do-it-yourself" translation template so that all you would need to do is to insert the particulars which are unique. >>>

I do have a guide from the PGSA that will help me with dates, relationships, etc. but what other kind of generic statements do they usually print besides the first couple of lines? If you could translate these two obituaries, that would help me greatly. More than one obit will show on a page, but it is of course for the one I have named.

Marilyn

Jozefa Kamowska.pdf
 Description:
Obituary for Jozefa Kamowska

Download
 Filename:  Jozefa Kamowska.pdf
 Filesize:  565.09 KB
 Downloaded:  294 Time(s)

Jozef Grzybek.pdf
 Description:
Obituary for Jozef Grzybek.

Download
 Filename:  Jozef Grzybek.pdf
 Filesize:  508.02 KB
 Downloaded:  387 Time(s)

baginski

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:51 am      Post subject:

valerie potuck wrote:
Elizbieta,
Thank you once again for your time & willingness to translate the Baginski family crest for me.
Here are the other 2 pages.
Regards, Valerie

I'm interest too.

Very nice your finding

Poland, unknown location --> Brazil, RS, Mariana Pimentel
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:53 pm      Post subject: Re: 2 obituaries need translation

mlukas wrote:
Hi Dave. A couple of weeks back, I mentioned that I needed some translations on several obituaries. You told me that if the obituaries came from the Dziennik Chicagoski, only a few templates are used and that I could translate most of the obituary myself.

<<< If the obits you want translated are from Chicago (Dziennik Chicagoski) there are only a very few forms used by that newspaper. If you would care to post a couple of examples, I would be happy to compose a “do-it-yourself" translation template so that all you would need to do is to insert the particulars which are unique. >>>

I do have a guide from the PGSA that will help me with dates, relationships, etc. but what other kind of generic statements do they usually print besides the first couple of lines? If you could translate these two obituaries, that would help me greatly. More than one obit will show on a page, but it is of course for the one I have named.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

The attached PDF template will work for both the obits you posted. Another type of obit, for which you probably don’t need a template, is for obits prior to 1920 or so. The early wakes took place at the home of the deceased so the obits don’t include any info about funeral homes. Much of the standard wording is very much the same as in the template. Perhaps it would be better to refer to the PDF as a guide for stock text which is used in the obits rather than a template. In the standard phrases used to describe the death some variations occur. The most common variable words/phrases are: nagle (suddenly); po długiej i ciężkiej chorobie(after a long and difficult illness); po krótkiej chorobie (after a short illness); and po krótkiej lecz ciężkiej chorobie (after a short but difficult illness).

The obit of Józefa contains additional info which is unique to her. Much of that info is found immediately after her name appears in bold uppercase letters. The first lines give info about the surname of her first husband and her maiden name. Next follows a list of societies of which she was a member. Several are parish societies. The names can be translated but the purpose of some parish societies can only be determined if one has knowledge of the particular society. The Polish Women’s Alliance was one society which sold life insurance to members.

A general note about translations...All languages express some ideas in idioms which are unique to a specific language. Sometimes it is better to use a free translation of idioms into another language. I’ll add the literal translation in parentheses following the English idiom used to better convey the meaning of the Polish usage. Slavish literal translations can result in odd and stilted text. Sometimes it is better to translate ideas rather than just words.

Here is the obit of Józefa.

To all (our) relatives and friends/acquaintances we bring this sad news that our most beloved mother, sister, and grandmother, the late (lit. of holy memory)
JÓZEFA KAMOWSKA
(from her first husband Małecka)
(maiden name [lit.: from home] Ćwik)
a member of the 2nd Rosary Sodality of Saint Rose---third branch, the Society of the Blessed Mother of Lourdes and Saint Ann in the parish of Saint Stephen, and the Society of Saint Teresa, group 34 of the Polish Women’s Alliance of America ----- after a long and difficult illness, departed from this world, fortified by the Holy Sacraments, on the 18th day of September of the year 1939 at 6:45 in the evening, at an advanced age. She resided at 1445 North Bosworth Avenue.

The funeral will take place on Saturday, September 23rd at the hour of 9:30 in the morning from the funeral parlor at 1410 North Ashland Avenue to the Church of Saint Stanislaus Kostka, and from there to Saint Adalbert Cemetery.

For this sad rite we invite all (our) relatives and friends/acquaintances --- the bereaved (family) [lit.: those plunged in heavy sorrow]:
Aniela Gantz, daughter; Andrew and Vincent Małecki, sons; Sophie and Maryanne, daughters-in-law; Andrew Ćwik, brother; Anthony Kamowski, stepson; Stanislava and Maryanne, sisters-in-law; grandsons and granddaughters, together with the entire family.

B.B. Drabański is directing the funeral. Telephone Armitage 2934

Here is the obit of Józef Grzybek

To all (our) relatives and friends/acquaintances we bring this sad news that my most beloved husband, my father, and our grandfather, the late (lit. of holy memory)
JÓZEF GRZYBEK suddenly departed from this world, fortified by the Holy Sacraments, on the 27th day of March in the year 1960 from an injury at 65 years of age. He resided at 2037 Canalport Avenue.

The funeral will take place on Thursday, March 31 at the hour of 8:30 in the morning from the funeral parlor at 1737 West 18th Street to the Church of Saint Adalbert and from there to the Cemetery of the Resurrection of Our Lord at the family plot.

For this sad rite we invite all (our) relatives and friends/acquaintances --- the bereaved (family) [lit.: those plunged in heavy sorrow]:
Anna, nee Przybylo [lit.: from home], wife; Henry T., son; Lorraine, daughter-in-law; Susan, granddaughter; Jerome, grandson, together with the entire family.

Michael Kowalski is directing the funeral. Telephone: CAnal 6-0471.

A bit of Chicago trivia...Telephone numbers like the one which appears in Joseph Grzybek’s obit consisted of a named exchange with a single number followed by four digits. This system was still in use in the 1970s. The funeral director’s phone number in today’s system would be 226-0471 without the area code. Earlier telephone numbers consisted of the named exchange with only four digits.

I hope that you find the translations and the template/guide helpful. If you are uncertain of your translation of any obit, please post the obit together with your translation and I’ll be happy to check the translation and make any necessary corrections---no pressure since the translations will not be graded. (Ha,Ha.)

Wishing you success and joy in your DIY obit translation adventure,

Dave

Chicagoski obit template.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Chicagoski obit template.pdf
 Filesize:  15.17 KB
 Downloaded:  269 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 375, 376, 377 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 376 of 581

Jump to: