PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:31 am      Post subject: Help tracing Krawcowicz of Pelcowizna, Warszawa

Hi,
My Grandfather was polish and I am trying to trace his family/ancestors. I don't have his birth certificate but have his parents names and so far have managed to trace some people but am not able to get any further.

Grandfather: Ryszard Krawcowicz - Born 1924
His parents were: Wacław Krawcowicz and Annea/Anna Brewoj/Breiwa (I am not sure of her name).
Wacław was born in 1899 in Warszawa-Praga MB Loretańska, Pelcowizna. His Parents were Ignacy Krawczykiewicz vel Krawcowicz and Bronisława Mejewska. I do not know why Ignacy changed his name.
Ignacy Krawczykiewicz vel Krawcowicz and Bronisława Mejewska were married in 1890 in Warszawa św. Krzyż. They had 4 children; Władysław Krawcowicz (1894), Leon Krawcowicz (1897), Wacław Krawcowicz (1899) and Marianna Krawcowicz (1901).
I do not know if Ryszard had any brothers or sisters but he talked of a cousin called Wanda.
I did also find a Eleanora Krawcowicz and a Stanisława Krawcowicz in Warszawa-Praga MB Loretańska but do not know if they are related or not.
I would be so grateful for any help or advice. I would love to find a copy of my Grandfather's birth certificate but cannot find out how to do this.

Thanks for reading.

Pic 2.jpg
 Description:
Unknown
 Filesize:  202.36 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 1.jpg
 Description:
Unknown
 Filesize:  101.22 KB

Pic 1.jpg

Ryszard Krawcowicz Death Certificate.jpg
 Description:
Ryszard Krawcowicz Death Certificate
 Filesize:  98.1 KB

Ryszard Krawcowicz Death Certificate.jpg

Ryszard Krawcowicz Marriage Certificate.jpg
 Description:
Ryszard Krawcowicz Marriage Certificate
 Filesize:  134.28 KB

Ryszard Krawcowicz Marriage Certificate.jpg

My research so far.pdf
 Description:
My research so far

Download
 Filename:  My research so far.pdf
 Filesize:  453.7 KB
 Downloaded:  329 Time(s)

Last edited by sarahf3667 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:38 am      Post subject: Re: Help tracing Krawcowicz of Pelcowizna, Warszawa

sarahf3667 wrote:
Hi,
My Grandfather was polish and I am trying to trace his family/ancestors. I don't have his birth certificate but have his parents names and so far have managed to trace some people but am not able to get any further.

Grandfather: Ryszard Krawcowicz - Born 1924
His parents were: Wacław Krawcowicz and Annea/Anna Brewoj/Breiwa (I am not sure of her name).
Wacław was born in 1899 in Warszawa-Praga MB Loretańska, Pelcowizna. His Parents were Ignacy Krawczykiewicz vel Krawcowicz and Bronisława Mejewska. I do not know why Ignacy changed his name.
Ignacy Krawczykiewicz vel Krawcowicz and Bronisława Mejewska were married in 1890 in Warszawa św. Krzyż. They had 4 children; Władysław Krawcowicz (1894), Leon Krawcowicz (1897), Wacław Krawcowicz (1899) and Marianna Krawcowicz (1901).
I do not know if Ryszard had any brothers or sisters but he talked of a cousin called Wanda.
I did also find a Eleanora Krawcowicz and a Stanisława Krawcowicz in Warszawa-Praga MB Loretańska but do not know if they are related or not.
I would be so grateful for any help or advice. I would love to find a copy of my Grandfather's birth certificate but cannot find out how to do this.

Thanks for reading.

How do You know that Ignacy changed his name?
I have found Stanisława Krawcowicz marriage record and it inform Us that she was daughter of Ignacy Krawcowicz and Bronisława Majewska, marriage record number 403, Warszawa-Praga, 1908.
Were Your Grandfather died?
Do You have any more documents about Your Grandfather? - how do You know he was born 1924 - any document?
We can try to find his birth record in Warsaw Registry Office but please send as much as You can about Your grandfather.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
sarahf3667

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:29 am      Post subject: Re: Help tracing Krawcowicz of Pelcowizna, Warszawa

Hi Marcel, Thank you for your kind reply. Unfortunately we have very little. I had uploaded my grandfathers death certificate which shows his date of birth. I have also uploaded his marriage certificate which names his father as Wacław. I have also uploaded 2 other documents we have but I am not sure what they are. I have found most of my information on the site: http://genealodzy.pl/
This is where I found two records for the marriage of Ignacy and Bronislawa. One with the surname Krawcowicz and one with the surname Krawczykiewicz. The information symbol next to the record says Krawczykiewicz vel Krawcowicz. I am not yet able to connect Ryszard to the Wacław I have found but the dates seem possible - the Wacław I have found was born in 1899 which would of made him 25 when my grandfather Ryszard was born. I have uploaded the records that I have found so far. I really appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you
Send e-mail
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:31 am      Post subject:

Hello!, two military pictures gives some additional info:
Ryszard was a soldier until 9/12/1946 in polish coprs that were being under british command.
Later he joined https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Resettlement_Corps Polish Resettlement Corps. PRC began recruiting in September 1946.
To get more personal information, history of Ryszard's service, even personal items, you can officially ask a Ministry Of Defence -
APC POLISH ENQUIRIES. They should reply you with alll details they have. There might be proof of relationship required.
sarahf3667

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:39 am      Post subject:

sirdan wrote:
Hello!, two military pictures gives some additional info:
Ryszard was a soldier until 9/12/1946 in polish coprs that were being under british command.
Later he joined https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Resettlement_Corps Polish Resettlement Corps. PRC began recruiting in September 1946.
To get more personal information, history of Ryszard's service, even personal items, you can officially ask a Ministry Of Defence -
APC POLISH ENQUIRIES. They should reply you with alll details they have. There might be proof of relationship required.

Photo of Wanda.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.78 MB

Photo of Wanda.jpg

Photo of Wanda - Reverse.jpg
 Description:
Photo of 'Wanda'
 Filesize:  1.63 MB

Photo of Wanda - Reverse.jpg

Last edited by sarahf3667 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
sarahf3667

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:41 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate your time Smile

I have this photograph also. Ryszard named one of his daughters Wanda after his relative (possibly a cousin) and she sent this. I have translated a few words but cannot work out all of it.
Send e-mail
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:49 am      Post subject:

Yea, it could be bit harder to decipher, words order is not quite intuitive Smile
Translation:

I give my picture to dear Aunt and Uncle to keep it in memory.

Wanda

Opole, 18 of august 1947

Last edited by sirdan on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
sarahf3667

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:53 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much! Smile
Send e-mail
sarahf3667

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:12 pm      Post subject:

We now have confirmation on military documents that Ryszard’s father was Waclaw Krawcowicz we believe his mother was Janina Brewo or Brewa. There was also an address of Jastrzebia 5/nr 7
Send e-mail
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:02 am      Post subject:

A word of caution. What you can say is that "We now have strong evidence....".
Confirmation is when you sight the actual 1924 birth certificate (either civil or parish) - what I always call "hard evidence".

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: