PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 376, 377, 378 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:00 pm      Post subject: Photo translation

Could somebody please translate the back of this family photo for me? Before my grandmother passed away she said that the man was my grandfather's brother......she couldn't remember his name. My grandfather was Joseph Szymusiak.

Thank you!!!
Brian

img344.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  246.66 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

img344.jpg

Send e-mail
bpatshomz

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:05 pm      Post subject: Photo translation

Could some please translate the back of this family photo. It was given to me from my grandmother.

Thank you!!!
Brian

img347.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.5 KB

img347.jpg

Send e-mail
JDombrowski89

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:00 am      Post subject:

Greetings,

Looking for help with translating these records.

JD

Mikolaj Sokolowski Death Record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  320.51 KB

Mikolaj Sokolowski Death Record.jpg

Jan Ponieważ Marriage Record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  326.13 KB

Jan Ponieważ Marriage Record.jpg

Send e-mail
Abetor

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:21 am      Post subject: need help with father and his brothers

Father of newborn is Jerzy, are other two man are identified as his brothers ?
"Wincent Tomaszewicz ... stryi Novo narodzony z pierwszey linij" and "Wincent Tomaszewicz ... stryi Novo narodzony z drugiey linij"
is "z pierwszey linij" and "z drugiey linij" mean siome kind of family ties herarchy or something else, o it's just numbering like first witness and second witness ? Are all three man brothers ?

Punskas 1809 G 457 p180.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  379.54 KB

Punskas 1809 G 457 p180.jpg

ossnhughie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 354

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:15 am      Post subject: Census record and lists translations

Hello My dear PO Friends,

I have recently received 5 censuses from sources on the fround in Vilnius and they pertain to my Rogowicz ancestors and cover a range of time from 1795-1816.

I have tried making sense out of them but I thought it best to put them in front of native speakers here who might have a better understanding of exactly what the information is and how it is organized. Although some say Rogowski instead of Rogowicz I have been informed they are in fact the same families (I am told their can be small discrepancies in names on records such as these)

Thanks to those who can help

Warm regards,

Hugh

1816 Rogowicz family in Strawieniki estate, list of people who are trying to prove their nobility, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.296 no female.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  890.84 KB

1816 Rogowicz family in Strawieniki estate, list of people who are trying to prove their nobility, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.296 no female.jpg

1816 Rogowicz family census, in this document it is written that they moved from Vievis estate, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.300, page.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB

1816 Rogowicz family census, in this document it is written that they moved from Vievis estate, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.300, page.jpg

1811 Rogowicz family census Strawieniki estate in this document it is written that previously they lived in Abramowsk estate, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.203.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.06 MB

1811 Rogowicz family census Strawieniki estate in this document it is written that previously they lived in Abramowsk estate, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.203.jpg

1811 census Rogowicz family estate Abramowsk, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.202, page 13r.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  963.36 KB

1811 census Rogowicz family estate Abramowsk, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.202, page 13r.jpg

1795 census Ragowski in estate Abramowsk, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.57.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 MB

1795 census Ragowski in estate Abramowsk, LVIA, f.515, ap.15, b.57.jpg

Send e-mail
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:18 am      Post subject: Re: need help with father and his brothers

Abetor wrote:
Father of newborn is Jerzy, are other two man are identified as his brothers ?
"Wincent Tomaszewicz ... stryi Novo narodzony z pierwszey linij" and "Wincent Tomaszewicz ... stryi Novo narodzony z drugiey linij"
is "z pierwszey linij" and "z drugiey linij" mean siome kind of family ties herarchy or something else, o it's just numbering like first witness and second witness ? Are all three man brothers ?

457. From the village of Miklaszewo. On this the twenty-fourth day of the month of April in the year of one thousand eight hundred and ten, at the hour of four in the afternoon, before me, Mikolaj Zukowski, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar of Punsk Commune in Sejny County in Lomza Department, personally appeared Jerzy Tomaszewicz, aged forty, a farmer who at that time was, together with his undermentioned brother, residing at a jointly-owned farm in the village of Miklaszewo within Punsk Commune, and he presented to us a baby of the female sex, born on the twenty-third day of this month of the current year, at the hour of three in the afternoon, in his house, declaring that she was born from him and Regina nee Cybulski, his thirty-year-old spouse, and that he wished to name her Regina. The above statement was made and the baby was presented in the presence of Wincenty Tomaszewicz, aged forty-five, a first-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby, and Maciej Tomaszewicz, aged thirty, a second-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby, both of them being farmers residing at a farm in the very same village located within the above-mentioned commune. After that, the present birth certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself whereas the father and the witnesses Wincenty Tomaszewicz and Maciej Tomaszewicz did not know how to write.

M. Zukowski (signed), Civil Registrar of Punsk Commune
Abetor

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:53 am      Post subject: Re: need help with father and his brothers

Quote:
personally appeared Jerzy Tomaszewicz, aged forty, a farmer who at that time was, together with his undermentioned brother, residing at a jointly-owned farm in the village of Miklaszewo within Punsk Commune, and he presented to us a baby of the female sex, born on the twenty-third day of this month of the current year, at the hour of three in the afternoon, in his house, declaring that she was born from him and Regina nee Cybulski, his thirty-year-old spouse, and that he wished to name her Regina. The above statement was made and the baby was presented in the presence of Wincenty Tomaszewicz, aged forty-five, a first-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby, and Maciej Tomaszewicz, aged thirty, a second-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby, both of them being farmers residing at a farm in the very same village located within the above-mentioned commune. After that, the present birth certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself whereas the father and the witnesses Wincenty Tomaszewicz and Maciej Tomaszewicz did not know how to write.

Thank You, but the question remains. Is Jerzy Tomaszewiczand (father) and Wincenty Tomaszewicz (a first-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby) - brothers ? ans as I understand Jerzy Tomaszewiczand (father) and Maciej Tomaszewicz (a second-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby) are cousins (their fathers were brothers) ?
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:04 am      Post subject: Re: need help with father and his brothers

Abetor wrote:
Quote:
personally appeared Jerzy Tomaszewicz, aged forty, a farmer who at that time was, together with his undermentioned brother, residing at a jointly-owned farm in the village of Miklaszewo within Punsk Commune, and he presented to us a baby of the female sex, born on the twenty-third day of this month of the current year, at the hour of three in the afternoon, in his house, declaring that she was born from him and Regina nee Cybulski, his thirty-year-old spouse, and that he wished to name her Regina. The above statement was made and the baby was presented in the presence of Wincenty Tomaszewicz, aged forty-five, a first-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby, and Maciej Tomaszewicz, aged thirty, a second-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby, both of them being farmers residing at a farm in the very same village located within the above-mentioned commune. After that, the present birth certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself whereas the father and the witnesses Wincenty Tomaszewicz and Maciej Tomaszewicz did not know how to write.

Thank You, but the question remains. Is Jerzy Tomaszewiczand (father) and Wincenty Tomaszewicz (a first-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby) - brothers ? ans as I understand Jerzy Tomaszewiczand (father) and Maciej Tomaszewicz (a second-degree paternal uncle of the newly born baby) are cousins (their fathers were brothers) ?

Yes, I would say Jerzy Tomaszewicz and Wincenty Tomaszewicz were brothers.
This is because civil registrar expressly stated that that Jerzy Tomaszewicz had a brother
who was residing with him at a jointly-owned farm.
He also amplified that his brother is mentioned below in the present record (consequently,
he must be either Wincenty Tomaszewicz or Maciej Tomaszewicz).
Wincenty is also referred to as being "from the house of the very same" (Polish "z domu tegoz")
which implies that Jerzy and Wincenty used to dwell in the same house (i.e. at a "jointly-owned" farm).
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:01 am      Post subject:

JDombrowski89 wrote:
Greetings,

Looking for help with translating these records.

JD

59. Regimin. It came to pass on the third day of October in the year of one thousand eight hundred and fifty-one, at the hour of three in the afternoon, in Lekowo. Appeared personally Kazimierz Sedzicki, forty years of age, and Stanislaw Kacki, thirty years of age, both farmers residing in Regimin, and testified that Mikolaj Sokoloski, eighty-three years of age, the son of the parents whose names were unknown to the appearers, born in Lekowo, currently staying in Regimin, had deceased the day before, at the hour of five in the morning. The departure of Mikolaj Sokoloski, who had left behind his widowed wife Katarzyna nee Szamborski, was visually ascertained. The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and the witnesses, who did not know how to write. Only I signed it.

Priest Hipolit Wasniewski (signed), Parish Priest of Lekowo Parish
marie m

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 am      Post subject:

Greetings,
Please translate these documents, a marriage AKT and a death AKT. It would be a great help. I am very curious about the information in both but especially the marriage document. Her surname was Morawska and she married a Unkown Gadomski, then remarried a Ploski. These are the links:

marriage (# 24)
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0248d&sy=1811&kt=4&plik=24.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0

death ( #108)
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0102d&sy=1839&kt=3&plik=104-109.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0

Thank you,
Marie

barbara death.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.81 MB

barbara death.png

24 part 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.3 MB

24 part 2.jpg

24 part 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.29 MB

24 part 1.jpg

starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:08 am      Post subject: old photos

Some of my relatives found this curious old photo from Poland. We're not sure who they are, but on the back is some writing. Any ideas?

Scan2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.61 KB

Scan2.jpg

Scan1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.76 KB

Scan1.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:22 am      Post subject: Re: old photos

starshadow wrote:
Some of my relatives found this curious old photo from Poland. We're not sure who they are, but on the back is some writing. Any ideas?

it says: Eugeniusz was born on 5 November 19 and died on 12 January 20, so born probably 1919 and died 1920

PAYPAL: [email protected]
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 am      Post subject:

Great! Thanks Marcel.
Rellenbecker

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:41 pm      Post subject: Bogumil Eiswald and Anna Meyer

Polish to English full translation kindly please. I am trying to find a clue where to find Bogumil’s birth place as well as Anna’s. I am unable to find Krystan’s birth record. Through his marriage record it was assumed he was born around 1816. Also need advice where to look for older records like in late 1700’s.

This link shows my great great grandfather Krystyan Eiswald’s younger sister Luiza’s birth record. The last known residence was Brzeźno. I need to understand what does it have to do with Lipowiec? Many many thanks for help in advance.

Regards,
Rhonda

Nbr 27 Luiza Eiswald
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=20&zs=0392d&sy=1826&kt=1&plik=025-027.jpg#zoom=2.75&x=559&y=2664

Send e-mail
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:44 pm      Post subject: Re: Bogumil Eiswald and Anna Meyer

Rellenbecker wrote:
Polish to English full translation kindly please. I am trying to find a clue where to find Bogumil’s birth place as well as Anna’s. I am unable to find Krystan’s birth record. Through his marriage record it was assumed he was born around 1816. Also need advice where to look for older records like in late 1700’s.

This link shows my great great grandfather Krystyan Eiswald’s younger sister Luiza’s birth record. The last known residence was Brzeźno. I need to understand what does it have to do with Lipowiec? Many many thanks for help in advance.

Regards,
Rhonda

Nbr 27 Luiza Eiswald
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=20&zs=0392d&sy=1826&kt=1&plik=025-027.jpg#zoom=2.75&x=559&y=2664

Rhonda,
Bogumil was 52 and Anna was 45. Brzezno is where one of witnesses lived, but I don't see why it was mentioned. Bogumil lived in Lipowiec. Both villages are close to each other, about 1 mile. The baptism took place in Lipno.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 376, 377, 378 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 377 of 580

Jump to: