PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am      Post subject: Are these the same people?

My relatives recently found these two old photos from Poland.

We know the larger one is my great-great-grandparents Antoni and Walerya Chalupczynski, with their youngest daughter Maryanna. They lived in Slupia parish, between Plock and Sierpc. The photo was probably taken about 1915.

But we're not sure if the smaller photo is the same people. There seems to be some resemblance, but the man seems younger. And the writing on the back mentions someone named Eugeniusz, and a date about 1920.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Scan2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.61 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Scan2.jpg

Scan1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.76 KB

Scan1.jpg

antoni-walerya-chalupczynski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.09 KB

antoni-walerya-chalupczynski.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:40 am      Post subject:

the handwriting says:: Eugeniusz was born on 5 November 19 and died on 12 January 20, so born probably 1919 and died 1920

When Antoni and Waleria got married on 1876 they were 22 and 19 years old...so Eugeniusz couldnt be their child because in 1919 they would be: 65 and 62 years old...

In my opinion the man looks the same on this two pictures, on one he is younger and on the second he looks older but i think he has the same ears and nose....

maybe Eugeniusz was Marianna's son?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:48 am      Post subject:

I think you may be right Marcel. We know Maryanna had another daughter named Regina about the same time. Then Maryanna died about 1922 when Regina was very young. Regina was then raised by her grandparents Antoni and Walerya.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: