PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:39 pm      Post subject: Searching for Polish village of Miloszow on Mapster

I am looking for the Polish village of Miloszow, Poland, located on the southwest border between Poland and the Czech Republic. This village is about 170 kilometres southwest the city of Wroclaw, Poland. More specifically, I'm trying to locate this village on a historical map, such as those located on the Polish Mapster website link below. The closest square on the Mapster map grid I could locate is: P48-S30-F KRAKOW. But I have not not able to find this village on these maps. Typing "Miloszow, Poland" in the Mapster website search box also produces a series of maps, but again, I can't seem to find this village. I've included the location of Miloszow on a Google map within this posting, but again, I'm trying to find this village within any of the historical maps on the Mapster website (link below).

Thanks for any help in finding this village on a historical map of Poland, such as the historical maps located within the Mapster website link noted below.

Mapster map grid of Poland: http://igrek.amzp.pl/mapindex.php?cat=WIG25

miloszow poland forum map.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  336.03 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

miloszow poland forum map.jpg

Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:25 pm      Post subject: Re: Searching for Polish village of Miloszow on Mapster

wasser wrote:
I am looking for the Polish village of Miloszow, Poland, located on the southwest border between Poland and the Czech Republic. This village is about 170 kilometres southwest the city of Wroclaw, Poland. More specifically, I'm trying to locate this village on a historical map, such as those located on the Polish Mapster website link below. The closest square on the Mapster map grid I could locate is: P48-S30-F KRAKOW. But I have not not able to find this village on these maps. Typing "Miloszow, Poland" in the Mapster website search box also produces a series of maps, but again, I can't seem to find this village. I've included the location of Miloszow on a Google map within this posting, but again, I'm trying to find this village within any of the historical maps on the Mapster website (link below).

Thanks for any help in finding this village on a historical map of Poland, such as the historical maps located within the Mapster website link noted below.

Mapster map grid of Poland: http://igrek.amzp.pl/mapindex.php?cat=WIG25

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that you will not find the village on the map whose link you posted. The area is in Śląsk. Although that area had been part of the Poland in the Early Middle Ages, it was beyond the boundaries of the historic Polish State for Centuries. It only became Polish territory after WWII and thus will not appear on earlier historic maps of Poland.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Wishing you success in your research,

Dave
wasser

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:58 am      Post subject:

In what county was Śląsk part of before World War ll? Czechoslovakia? I'm okay with searching for this village if it was part of another country during the 20th century.
Send e-mail
aleksanderz
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:46 am      Post subject:

Prior to 1945 Miłoszów was a part of Germany and was named Hartmannsdorf.
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:50 am      Post subject:

If you are looking for historical maps of Miłoszów then I assume that you have searched under the historical name of the town - Hartmannsdorf ?

If you Google Hartmannsdorf "Kreis Lauban" and then go to the Google Images option I think that you will find lots of maps going back to the mid-18th century.

Tom
wasser

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:55 pm      Post subject:

Thanks for the information.
Send e-mail
naltar

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:33 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for Polish village of Miloszow on Mapster

Hi,

igrek.amzp.pl/result.php?cmd=id&god=4957&cat=TK25
grek.amzp.pl/result.php?cmd=id&god=4957&cat=M841EM851

p.s. Only a month late to the party, sorry! ;)

Regards,

n.
wasser

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 am      Post subject: Re: Searching for Polish village of Miloszow on Mapster

naltar wrote:
Hi,

igrek.amzp.pl/result.php?cmd=id&god=4957&cat=TK25
grek.amzp.pl/result.php?cmd=id&god=4957&cat=M841EM851

p.s. Only a month late to the party, sorry! Wink

Regards,

n.

Thanks for the information, n.
Your time and effort is much appreciated.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: