PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:44 am      Post subject: Pieniążkowice village near Czarny Dunajec

Post a message here if you have ancestors from this village.

Pieniążkowice [pjɛɲɔ̃ʂkɔˈvit͡sɛ] is a village in the administrative district of Gmina Czarny Dunajec, within Nowy Targ County, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, in southern Poland, close to the border with Slovakia. It lies approximately 11 kilometres (7 mi) north-west of Nowy Targ and 61 km (38 mi) south of the regional capital Kraków. The village has an approximate population of 800. (From Wikipedia)

Google Translation of description of Pieniążkowice from info on the Gmina Czarny Dunajec website
(http://www.czarny-dunajec.pl/75/pieniazkowice)
Also called Maciejowskie was founded by Krzysztof Stoch, providing a privilege from Jan Pieniążek - a lessee of Nowy Targ's property. The Pieniazek family from Krużlowa invested as many as 22 royal villages in the area of the starosty of Nowy Targ. The wooden, nineteenth-century church, a hundred years ago, was replaced by a new brick temple dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows. The main altar is decorated with a Baroque picture with the image of the patron of the parish. The bell, already four centuries, was supposedly bought in Jordanów.

Some surnames associated with the village, collected from ship manifests and websites:
Bielak, Bienias, Biernat, Bobak, Bobek, Cislak, Czop, Czop, Fieder, Fiedor, Figura, Gal, Greczek, Iwan, Kocanda, Kucharski, Labuda, Las, Łyszczarczyk, Magurek, Majchrowicz, Marszalek, Maśnica, Matyja, Michalik, Mikoś, Rafacz, Sabczok, Skupien, Smolen, Sral, Stoch, Swietek, Tatar, Wicher, Wilk, Zachemski, Zajac, Zajec

See Ute’s information about people who emigrated to America from this village: https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=2118

Also, see another discussion from a Polish Origins member about her ancestors from this village. https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1063

Pienia?z?kowice_kos?cio?ł_T65.jpg
 Description:
Our Lady of Sorrows Church. Click for larger view
 Filesize:  351.64 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Pienia?z?kowice_kos?cio?ł_T65.jpg

Pienia?z?kowice google map.png
 Description:
Click for larger view
 Filesize:  940.81 KB

Pienia?z?kowice google map.png

Last edited by Shellie on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:13 am; edited 6 times in total
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:49 am      Post subject: Watch a YouTube video, flying above the village.

This link is to a drone video on YouTube taken in 2017. To orient you, the camera is traveling south along highway 958 toward Czarny Dunajec. You can see the church tiny cemetery on the left of the screen beginning around 1:38. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfxdwmRUYOc

I attached a screen shot to point out the church and cemetery. You can not see the cemetery very well because it is quite small, so I have also attached a view from Google maps.

Screen shot of village Pienia?z?kowice, facing south.png
 Description:
Click for larger view. Screen shot from YouTube video
 Filesize:  1012.1 KB

Screen shot of village Pienia?z?kowice, facing south.png

Pienia?z?kowice church and cemetery.png
 Description:
Click for larger view.
 Filesize:  818.94 KB

Pienia?z?kowice church and cemetery.png

mdskupien

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 pm      Post subject: Pieniążkowice

Thank you Shellie for starting this! I am very interested in finding out any (Skupien) family history in Pieniążkowice. My grandfather was from Odrowaz, but the family property was on the boarder between Odrowaz and Pieniążkowice. The book Forgotten Podhale has the Skupien name in both locations.
Thanks!
Mike Scupien
Send e-mail
Taddys

Replies: 33

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:02 pm      Post subject:

Hi,

It's my first post so "hi world" Smile

According to my own adventure with genealogy i am during "digging" (mean research) in Pieniążkowice church books.

Part of my family comes from Pieniążkowice (i.e. Skupień) so if anyone needs help i will try to help.

Best,
Taddys
mdskupien

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:55 am      Post subject:

Hello Taddys!
I am interested in your Skupień connection. Do you live in Poland now?

My grandfather was Andrzej Skupień, born in 1870 in Odrowaź. He had a brother Maciej (1875) and a sister Agnieszka (1877). Shellie gave me copies of their birth records from the church in Odrowaź. Their father was Michał Skupień who was married to Rozalia Kulawiak.

We think Michał Skupień may have come from Pieniążkowice because the book Zapomniane Podhale lists the name Skupień in the history of that town and there is a map showing the Skupień property on the boarder with Pieniążkowice. It is attached below.

Thank you!
Mike Scupien

Odrowaz map.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.2 KB

Odrowaz map.png

Send e-mail
Taddys

Replies: 33

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:08 am      Post subject:

Hi Mike,

Yes i do. I live in Poland.

I've just posted more details about Skupien, please check this tread https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=2118

Best,
Taddys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: