PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:00 pm      Post subject: Origin of surname - Cuprzynski

I am looking to find the origin of the name Cuprzynski. I have the name Felix (from Poland) and his wife Julia Sosinski or possibly Soshinski (from Nanticoke, Pennsylvania). Unsure about their dates of birth; however, I know one of their sons Anthony Cuprzynski was born in Edwardsville, Pennsylvania on 1-18-1910. I cannot find any information on Felix, and I am wondering where in Poland he was born and when/where he died. Thank you.
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 pm      Post subject: Re: Origin of surname

ecuprz wrote:
I am looking to find the origin of the name Cuprzynski. I have the name Felix (from Poland) and his wife Julia Sosinski or possibly Soshinski (from Nanticoke, Pennsylvania). Unsure about their dates of birth; however, I know one of their sons Anthony Cuprzynski was born in Edwardsville, Pennsylvania on 1-18-1910. I cannot find any information on Felix, and I am wondering where in Poland he was born and when/where he died. Thank you.

Emily,

To be a father in 1910, then I would bet on the first Feliks found in the link below:
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=B&search_lastname=cuprzynski&search_name=feliks&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&exac=1

Gilberto
Send e-mail
ecuprz

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:25 pm      Post subject: Thank you!

Gilberto,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your time. This is extremely helpful. Amazing how you found it so quickly. Unfortunately, I need help translating a document from Polish to English. I cannot make out the script to translate it myself.

Cuprzynski.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  556.88 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Cuprzynski.PNG

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 pm      Post subject: Re: Thank you!

ecuprz wrote:

Unfortunately, I need help translating a document from Polish to English. I cannot make out the script to translate it myself.

Hi,

The document you posted is in Russian rather than Polish. If you post it under Russian Records Translations p.2 you should be able to have the record translated.
A handy rule of thumb for determining the language of documents from the Russian Partition/Kingdom of Poland/Królestwo Polskie is to use a timeline. Documents from 1808 to 1868 are in Polish. Documents from 1868 through the end of WWI are in Russian. After that, records are again in Polish.
Wishing you success in your research,

Dave
ecuprz

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 pm      Post subject: Great information!

Thank you, Dave. This is a great rule of thumb. I really appreciate your response. This is so helpful as I do my research.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: