PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:53 pm      Post subject: Dolewski / Gniewkowski / Niwinski

I'm searching for relatives of Boleslaw Dolewski and his children: Frank Dolewski, Marjan Dolewski and Waleria Niwinska nee Dolewska. They have emigrated from Warsaw to US on the beginning of XIX century. Their brother Leon and sister Helena remained in Warsaw. Marcela Gniewkowska (who was their mother) has also emigrated around the same time.

Our family tree can be found here: http://eurocaribbean.co.uk

Visit poster's website
Tina Ellis

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:01 pm      Post subject:

You can find Warsaw records at this site: http://szukajwarchiwach.pl. If you don't find any, don't give up because there is also a Warsaw county, and there used to be a province by that name. Sometimes it was just easier to say they were from Warsaw, but lived 50 miles away, but it was a landmark name people remember versus a tiny will village tucked in the woods near a beautiful lake.
Send e-mail
eurocaribbean

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:43 am      Post subject:

Thank you Tina!

I actually look the other way around, I should have mentioned that... I know the Polish part of the family, the Dolewski siblings that left for the US are "missing". I found records for the father (Bolesław Dolewski) he died in Eloise hospital. There are also some records for Frank and Marjan from the time they were entering US and war draft cards, but nothing more after that. Just hoping someone from the US family will notice it here.

Bolesław Dolewski b: nr. Wieluń, POLAND, d: 1930 Wayne, Michigan, USA
Immigrated to USA in 1910. Died in Eloise Insane Asylum. Married twice, to Marcela Gniewkowska and Katarzyna Faltynowska.

Marjan Dolewski b: 1885 Warsaw, POLAND, d: USA?
Arrived at Quebec, CANADA in 1907 on board of ship - Sardinian.

Frank Dolewski b: 1887 Warsaw, POLAND, d: 1972 Warren, Michigan, USA.
It looks that he got married twice: to Julia (they had two children - Elvera & Earl), and then to Aniela (they are burried together in Michigan).

Waleria Niwińska nee Dolewska b: 1888 Słomczyn, POLAND, d: USA?
Walerja Chmielewska from her second first marriage. Arrived at Ellis Island from Bremen on board of George Washington in 1912. Married to Józef / Joseph Niwinski - 1940 Detroit, Michigan, USA .

Marcela Gniewkowska b: 1852 Tomaszów Mazowiecki, POLAND, d: USA?
First wife of Boleslaw Dolewski. We believe she joined her children in US at some point.

Only three siblings stayed in Warsaw, Helena Dolewska, Franciszka Bielawska nee Dolewska and Leon Dolewski, my great grandfather. He was forced to leave to Baku, Azerbaijan. On his return to Warsaw he was trying to locate his brothers in US but he never succeeded.

UPDATE:

Thanks to lovely member of this group who helped me finding some documents I know now that Waleria Niwińska had two daughters: Janina and Josephine. Josephine Niwinska got married to Edward Mall / Malachowski and lived in Sun City, Arizona.

Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: