PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 pm      Post subject: Unidentified Polish relatives - photography

I am currently doing ancestry research in the USA. I am 100% Eastern European and I know my maternal grandparents came from Lutcza. Several cousins who are also researching these ancestors came across several photos. We are trying to identify the people in them. This is a message I received from one of my cousins, J Erik Hartel today.

"This is a scanned photo from a small collection of photos from my maternal grandmother - Genevieve Mary SIECZKOWSKI -- born Mar. 19 1921 in Lawrence, Massachusetts - died Oct. 4 2014 in Lawrence - daughter of Mary PITERA -- born Oct. 5 1896 in Lutcza, Strzyżów, Podkarpackie, Poland - died Apr. 18 1968 in Lawrence, Massachusetts. On the back was a near illegible inscription that reads something like "Posylam [sent from] nam [our] cato [?] rodziny[family]. Anyone recognize this Polish family?"

If anyone recognizes this family or could shed any light on who these people are, we would appreciate it so very much!

Thank you,
Jane Dufault
Westport, Massachusetts, USA

Picture497.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  294.19 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Picture497.jpg

Picture350.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  233.68 KB

Picture350.jpg

Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 am      Post subject: Re: Unidentified Polish relatives - photography

janedufault wrote:
I am currently doing ancestry research in the USA. I am 100% Eastern European and I know my maternal grandparents came from Lutcza. Several cousins who are also researching these ancestors came across several photos. We are trying to identify the people in them. This is a message I received from one of my cousins, J Erik Hartel today.

"This is a scanned photo from a small collection of photos from my maternal grandmother - Genevieve Mary SIECZKOWSKI -- born Mar. 19 1921 in Lawrence, Massachusetts - died Oct. 4 2014 in Lawrence - daughter of Mary PITERA -- born Oct. 5 1896 in Lutcza, Strzyżów, Podkarpackie, Poland - died Apr. 18 1968 in Lawrence, Massachusetts. On the back was a near illegible inscription that reads something like "Posylam [sent from] nam [our] cato [?] rodziny[family]. Anyone recognize this Polish family?"

If anyone recognizes this family or could shed any light on who these people are, we would appreciate it so very much!

Thank you,
Jane Dufault

i think i have found Sieczkowski from Lutcza who recognized this picture. He has to confirm it. I will let You know.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
janedufault
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 am      Post subject: Unidentified picture...Sieczkowski's in Lutcza

That is SO exciting! I will eagerly await your response. Thank you SO much for your quick reply.

Jane Dufault
Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Unidentified picture...Sieczkowski's in Lutcza

janedufault wrote:
That is SO exciting! I will eagerly await your response. Thank you SO much for your quick reply.

Jane Dufault

I was talking with Mr Krzysztof Sieczkowski from Lutcza. He told me that unfortunately he didnt recogized people on the picture but this is what he told me:

i dont recognize people on the picture but my greatgrandfather bought the house in Lutcza from family Pitera. I know that family Pitera emigrated to USA. My grandparetns are already deceased and my father heard that his grandfather bought this house from Pitera family. My grandfather Adam Sieczkowski was born two days after his father Władysław Sieczkowski died. In our family photo album we have one old picture. Maybe you can recognize this people.

28033385_847671365394111_776756877_o.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.86 KB

28033385_847671365394111_776756877_o.jpg

janedufault
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 pm      Post subject: unidentified People in photo

Thank you so much Marcel for looking into this for me. I will share this info with the cousins I have connected with through ancestry.com and from doing my DNA. Maybe we can figure out who these people are.

We appreciate you helping us and your quick response!

Both my maternal grandmother, Maryanna Janusz and maternal grandfather, Jacob Pitera were born in Lutcza between 1888 and 1891. I have traveled to Poland once in 2014 and absolutely LOVED the country. I would like to return with my daughters and husband in the near future and visit Lutcza. Thanks for your help.

Jane Dufault
Send e-mail
janedufault
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:46 pm      Post subject: Pitera family

Dear Marcel,

I'd like to further clarify what I know about the Pitera family in Lutcza. Both my maternal grandparents Maryanna Janusz and Jacob Pitera came from Lutcza. Jacob's parents were Jan Pitera and Zofia Kryska Dudek. They had four children...Andrew b. 1888, Jacob b. 1891, Marianna b. 1897, and Josepha (Josephine) b. 1899. All four children emigrated at different times to the USA. As far as I know their parents, Jan and Zofia Pitera, remained in Poland.

Please thank Mr Krzysztof Sieczkowski for me. I will keep his name in mind as I do my research.

I also included one other photo we found. It was taken in Poland and looks like the person was in the military or served in the war. I know I lost two cousins in Poland during WWII on my dad's side. We don't know who this individual is though.

I did my DNA and I came out 100% Eastern European! There is no question I am definitely from this area of Europe! Smile

Thanks again!
Jane Dufault

27993862_10209898654011206_924988549_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  262.41 KB

27993862_10209898654011206_924988549_n.jpg

Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 am      Post subject: Re: Pitera family

janedufault wrote:
Dear Marcel,

I'd like to further clarify what I know about the Pitera family in Lutcza. Both my maternal grandparents Maryanna Janusz and Jacob Pitera came from Lutcza. Jacob's parents were Jan Pitera and Zofia Kryska Dudek. They had four children...Andrew b. 1888, Jacob b. 1891, Marianna b. 1897, and Josepha (Josephine) b. 1899. All four children emigrated at different times to the USA. As far as I know their parents, Jan and Zofia Pitera, remained in Poland.

Please thank Mr Krzysztof Sieczkowski for me. I will keep his name in mind as I do my research.

I also included one other photo we found. It was taken in Poland and looks like the person was in the military or served in the war. I know I lost two cousins in Poland during WWII on my dad's side. We don't know who this individual is though.

I did my DNA and I came out 100% Eastern European! There is no question I am definitely from this area of Europe! Smile

Thanks again!
Jane Dufault

Mr Krzysztof also thanks you. He was positively surprised that there are still people who think about their countrymen. He said he would show this photo to his dad in the evening. Maybe he can recognize that person.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 am      Post subject:

Mr Krzysztof sent me this message:

Quote:

I showed this photo to my dad, he does not recognize this man but his facial features are similar to my grandfather Adam Sieczkowski about whom I wrote yesterday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: