PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381
Author

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm      Post subject: Help with translation

Hello Smile I was going through an old footlocker and found photos in polish. I’ve tried using google translate but I’m having a hard time reading the cursive writing. If anyone could help, that would be great. Smile
So I tried adding the photos but they were too big :/
If anyone is able to translate, could you email me at [email protected] and I could email the pictures?
Thank you Smile
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 948

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 am      Post subject: Re: Help with translation

Alixkubicki wrote:
Hello Smile I was going through an old footlocker and found photos in polish. I’ve tried using google translate but I’m having a hard time reading the cursive writing. If anyone could help, that would be great. Smile
So I tried adding the photos but they were too big :/
If anyone is able to translate, could you email me at [email protected] and I could email the pictures?
Thank you Smile

i will do it. Check Your email box
Fantom

Replies: 87

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

hannahdudek wrote:
I'm trying to translate the following birth record for my great-great-great-grandmother Anna Malek from the Brdow Parish in 1820.

Thank you.

No. 39. It came to pass on the tenth day of the month of July in the year of one thousand eight hundred and twenty, at the hour of four in the afternoon. Before me, Parish Priest in Brdow, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar of Brdow Commune in Brzesc* County in the Masovian Voivodeship, personally appeared Woyciech Malkowski, thirty-eight years of age, a farmer** residing in Swietoslawice, and presented to us a baby of the female sex who had been born on the eighth day of the month of July of the current year, at the hour of two in the afternoon, in his house, at number five, declaring that she had been born from him and Agnieszka nee Pawelkiewicz, his thirty-eight-year-old spouse, and that he wished to give her the name Anna Malgorzata. The above statement was made and the baby was presented in the presence of Tomasz Malachowski, thirty-eight years of age, and Jan Pieczatkiewicz, who at that time was already sixty-nine years of age, both farmers residing in Brdow. After that the present birth certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself, the father and the witnesses.

Priest Andrzej Czechowicz (signed), Parish Priest in Brdow, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar

Woyciech Malkowski (signed with 3 X’s)

Tomasz Malachowski (signed with 3 X’s)

Jan Pieczatkiewicz (signed with 3 X’s)

NOTES:
*The town referred to as Brzesc is probably the modern-day Brzesc Kujawski.
**The father’s occupation is literally quoted as ‘wloscian gospodarz rolnik’.
hannahdudek

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 am      Post subject: Thank you

Thank you for the translation of Anna Malek's birth. It contained useful information. Thanks.
sophiekrolski

Replies: 4

Post Posted: 7 Days ago at 6:23 pm      Post subject: Muracki Translation

I found what appears to be the birth record for my great-great-grandmother Josephine Muracki in 1847 from the Wigry Parish near Suwalki in NE Poland. I'm fairly certain it is her because I seem to confirm that the document refers to her parents being John and Marceli (or some spelling variation). The full translation will be helpful to verify this is my ancestor. Thank you.

4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.24 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

4.jpg

hannahdudek

Replies: 20

Post Posted: 4 Days ago at 3:53 pm      Post subject: Death Records

I had originally posted a combined death record for my great-great-great-grandmother Anna Bykowski and her daughter Katherine (perhaps death in childbirth) from 1857 (Brdow Parish) about two months ago. I had posted multiple requests in the same message, and perhaps that was not the best method with that translation being lost in that message. I realize the guidelines are not to repost the same message, but would it be possible to translate these two records? The record for Katherine has notes in the margin.

Thank you.

35_868.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  850.32 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

35_868.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 Page 381 of 381

Jump to: